EIGHT YEARS

OUR TIME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight years.

 

I've been friends with Song Mino for eight years, and this is the first time he held my hand while walking.

 

Of course, I tensed. As much as I am comfortable hanging out with him, this is uncharted territory. 

 

Especially because I just broke up with my two-year boyfriend, Taehyun.

 

Especially because he's seeing-wait, who is he seeing again now? Heeyun? Or is it Gahee? 

 

Oh, I think it's his new officemate, Hyomin.

 

I looked up to him and tried to break from his hold, but he just squeezed my hand tighter, interlacing our fingers too.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

He just stared back at me and pointed to the couple walking in front of us.

 

"Don't you envy them? I thought you might miss walking with someone while holding your hand." 

 

What?

 

"Maybe. But you're not helping either. Plus, your hand is sweaty." 

 

He just laughed at me. 

 

"Stop blaming the sweaty palms on me. We know that's yours, babe."

 

"Woah. Where did that babe came from?" 

 

What kind of game is this now?

 

"It came from my heart." He stopped and placed our joined hands on top of his heart.

 

"Ok, this is creepy." 

 

He just smirked and started walking again. 

 

"Look, there's my car. Can you just keep walking so that we can go to Yoon's place now?"

 

I gave him a scowl, as he deserves. "Should we really hold hands?"

 

"Quiet, woman." He said, not looking at me, but I can sense the smile in his tone.

 

" you."

 

And then he laughed again.

 

--------

 

We drive to Yoon's newly purchased (by his mother) condo in the heart of Itaewon. I got extremely intimidated right away just by the floor to ceiling glass wall that welcomed us in his living room.

 

"Nice place, Yoonie." Mino piped up beside me.

 

He let go of my hand when we reached his car. 

 

But he kept grabbing it whenever we got stuck in traffic.

 

"Where's the washroom, Yoon? Just want to wash my hands." I said, glaring at Mino.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter