TWENTY YEARS

OUR TIME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[MINO]

 

Twenty years.

 

Twenty years since I first saw her inside our little classroom. She was so cute with her bangs covering almost half her face. 

 

I sat beside her as I see her scribble her name gently on the paper. 

 

I enjoyed her quick glances and subtle giggles everytime our science teacher says a word we don't understand. 

 

I enjoyed exchanging juice boxes with her. She doesn't like apple juice, which I happen to love.

 

I enjoyed teasing her about the huge ribbons her mom clips on her hair, which she yanks away from her as soon as she enters our class room.

 

I enjoyed my secret crush on her until we were in fourth grade. Of all the things I was stupid enough to do, letting Nam Taehyun know about my secret crush on her was the worst.

 

He told her about it, in front of the entire class. Everyone started teasing us, and she hated it. She hated it so much, I saw her cry one time.

 

That felt like a rejection, and I took it. I figured, this was just a crush. A phase. I was sure I will get over it.

 

Over the years, I've learned to live my early teenage years tuning her out of my system. I dated and made out with other girls. 

 

She was really just a phase.

 

So when I saw her at Hoon's birthday party on our first year in college, we were casual. Of course, we reminisced about our childhood crushes and it felt good to just laugh it all behind.

 

We were good together. She was friends with Hayi, who was Hoon's cousin. Just like that, we naturally formed a friendship centered on movies, dinners and drinking sessions.

 

Naturally, we became closer too. Soon after, the little crush I had before for her started creeping all over me again.

 

The phase I thought I left behind have always been there.

 

But I wasn't the only one who noticed how beautiful and smart she is. How caring and sweet too. She introduced a string of guys to us. Guys who don't deserve her. 

 

With Yoon's help, we always find a way to make those losers scram and leave her. We were acting out the protective friend role. 

 

Some guys were able to enchant her though. She had a serious relationship with Bobby, and I swear I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter