#2 - The Interview

Nuance (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're going to the interview today?", Lisa asked from the other line of the phone. It was Saturday morning and Rosie decided to call Lisa for an advice.

"Yeah... They want to meet me today. Immediately," Rosie murmured as her hands hovered through her hanging clothes. "Ahhh! I don't know what to wear! All my clothes are so plain", she whined.

Lisa was heard giggling. "No they aren't! Just wear a comfy one."

"I want to wear my jeans..."

"Are you kidding me? No jeans! Wear your skirt or dress."

"But what's the use? They don't care about what I wear anyway if I manage to sound intelligent with my answers."

"First impression, Rosie... They're all super important. Trust me with this one."

"Mmhm... Hold on, do you remember my colored sweater that I wore a few weeks ago?"

"Oh, yeah! Wear that one!"

"This looks so good with my black jeans..."

"Park Roseanne!"

"Just kidding. Uh, will it be appropriate if I pair it with a checkered skirt?"

"Absolutely! I can't really picture it right now so send me a pic once you wear them, okay?"

"Yes, miss- oh, I'm almost late! Talk to you later, Lisa."

"Don't forget to update me!", Lisa said before the phone call got disconnected.

Rosie glanced at the clock. It was 9.15 am. The distance from her place to the cafe where the recruiter wanted to meet her was only fifteen minutes. She figured that she could arrive there thirty minutes earlier than the planned meeting time. She didn't want to feel more pressured and anxious so she had to be there early. Also, being early should be considered as a good first impression, right?

       

When Rosie had arrived, the cafe looked less packed than the usual. There were only several table that were occupied. Maybe it was because the breakfast time was already over, and lunch was still a few hours away. Rosie immediately searched through the whole room and her gaze met a pair of serious looking eyes who was sitting alone. He was dressed in black sweater with a white collared shirt inside. He kept staring at Rosie and it felt really uncomfortable.

Rosie decided to choose the table that was seated by the window. That position was far enough from the creepy man's seat, plus his view must've been blocked by the pillar that stood in the middle of the cafe. When Rosie was adjusting her position, her phone suddenly vibrated.

       

Rosie's jaw almost dropped after reading the last sentence. The creepy man turned out to be the recruiter, and he probably stared at Rosie because he was trying to recognize her.

"Ugh... My first mistake already and I haven't even got the job," Rosie muttered to herself as she stood up quickly.

The recruiter was reading some papers when Rosie arrived at his table.

"Mr. Do?", Rosie asked carefully. She reached out her hand for a hand shake.

"Just call me Kyungsoo," the recruiter said, accepting the hand shake. He gestured Rosie to sit at the chair across him. "I see you're trying to make a good impression by arriving early."

Rosie smiled in embarrassment. "Yeah. And I didn't think that you'd be earlier than me."

"Prevention. One hour early for a prevention," Kyungsoo replied shortly. "I've read your resume and it's pretty impressive. You literally exceed in many things," he continued as he spread the papers that turned out to be Rosie's printed resume.

"I guess you could say that I am..."

"Why do you want this job?"

"To pay off my- uh no, I meant, to have a work experience with such a great company."

"Why should we hire you?"

"Because I could be a very important asset for your company. I'm determined and a perfectionist. I'm not prone of stress and pressure. I learn things fast. I could work in a team. And like what you just said, I also exceed in many things."

"You know..., it's a little too exaggerating to call it a company. But I like how confident you are."

Rosie just smiled in satisfaction. A few nights of practicing her lines with Lisa became really worth it. She was actually afraid that she'd sound unnatural. But she nailed it a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter