#3 - Moving to Park Mansion

Nuance (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa turned around quickly after hearing Rosie's statement. "A tutor!? A home tutor!?", she asked in disbelief.

"I had no choice...," Rosie said as she closed the zipper of her luggage. All her clothes and things had already been packed. All she needed to do was to take a cab and go to the Park family's house.

"What about working in a cool company?"

"I still want that job. But for now I'm just gonna accept whatever that comes to me... I guess."

"You don't sound excited. Don't take it if you don't want to!"

"I'm completely fine! I'm just worried that this is literally my first time being away from everyone... And I will stay there for half a year."

Lisa frowned upon the apparent worry in Rosie's eyes. "Ah... My Rosie is finally adulting," she said with cheeky tone as she hugged Rosie's slim waist.

"And when will you? You know your parents are dying to see you live on your own," Rosie said, slapping Lisa's hands away playfully.

"I will become an adult. But not today!", Lisa exclaimed in proudness.

Rosie just smiled softly hearing that remark. She was aware that Lisa wouldn't have problem not doing responsible adult stuff, since her life was guaranteed by her parents. Lisa always had everything in ease. The only difficulty she ever had in her life was probably choosing which movie to watch on a Saturday night.

And that was very contrary to Rosie.

"Alright. Take care of yourself, will you?" Rosie said to Lisa as they were already standing in front of a taxi. All Rosie's belongings were already in the trunk. She was ready to leave.

"Don't forget to text me once you arrive so I won't call 911 to report a missing person," Lisa said, hugging her best friend once again.

"I will, Your Majesty," Rosie replied by bowing, making Lisa laugh in response.

When Rosie was about to step in the cab, a jet black Hyund*i Genesis G80 car stopped near them. A moment later, Kyungsoo was seen getting out of the vehicle and walked towards Rosie. "Mr. Park told me to pick you up," he said after he commanded the cab driver to move Rosie's belongings to his car.

"Ya... Rosie... He's so manly...," Lisa whispered in awe, watching Kyungsoo lifting the heavy luggage to the car's trunk. "I hope you save his number," she added.

Rosie hit Lisa's head with her fist. "Behave, Lalisa."

After everything was done, Kyungsoo approached the two girls. "Hi, I'm Lisa. Rosie's best friend," Lisa introduced herself and reached out her hand quickly before Kyungsoo even got to say a word. The hand shake was then accepted and Lisa was head over heels at how firm Kyungsoo's hand grasping was.

"I'm Kyungsoo. Mr. Park's assistant," Kyungsoo replied shortly but still respectful as he showed a genuine smile towards Lisa. "So, let's go, shall we? They're all waiting at home," he continued.

Rosie and Lisa had their final goodbye. Lisa swore she wouldn't cry; but when Rosie only got to the car and closed the door, tears were already filled her eyes. She waved aggressively as the vehicle was moving farther from where she stood—ignoring the fact that her nose was already runny and her cheeks were tomato red.

"You have a lovely friend," Kyungsoo said, breaking the silence between them. They'd driven for fifteen minutes but no one spoke a word.

"If by lovely you mean embarrassing then I'm sorry... She's just a really enthusiastic girl," Rosie replied.

Kyungsoo chuckled in response. "I guess you must've been feeling really nervous right now."

"I do actually," Rosie spoke slowly. "Can I ask you some questions?"

Kyungsoo turned his head to the girl sitting beside him. "Of course."

"What is Yoojung like? I mean, is she difficult to handle?"

"She's a very good girl. Some people just like to misunderstand her. Don't worry, I think she's gonna like you."

"I hope so... I actually get along with kids very well, but you know this one is a little older and I'm just afraid that I'll make a mistake."

"You'll be fine. She may come off as rude, but she means no harm."

"I see..."

The drive to the Park family's house was two hours long from Rosie's place. It was still in the same town, but it was located in the quieter side of Seoul. A lot of people who lived there were all business people who wanted to distance themselves from the noisy and crowded surrounding.

At the entrace, they were welcomed by four guards who looked completely stony and unfriendly. Kyungsoo then lowered the window and showed them his ID. One guard with a really thick mustache then nodded and opened the gates for him.

"Aren't four guards a bit too much?", Rosie asked.

"Nope. Not at all. You'll see why...," Kyungsoo said as he drove further to the complex.

The atmosphere felt different the moment Rosie and Kyungsoo entered the complex.

Tall and huge pine trees were all aligned on both sides of the road. It seemed like a perfectly chilly and green environment, and it was true. Kyungsoo lowered the car windows and let the breeze come in. It felt unbelievably good. Rosie never thought that there still existed a part of the city that was untouched by pollutions. Along the way, Rosie sticked out her hand from the window—letting the cool wind bri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter