#1 - Celebration

Nuance (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To work in a dream company with a very handsome amount of money was everyone's dream, including Rosie. Her goal was simple: to be able to pay off her student loans and live decently like any other people.

Shortly after her college graduation, Rosie prepared her resume and sent it to numerous companies which she thought would be fitting for her skills. Unlike many of her friends who decided to take a gap year or to enroll immediately for master degree, Rosie had her eyes only for the job. She just couldn't waste no time. These student loans wouldn't pay themselves, she thought.

"Just breathe and relax! It's only a week after graduation and you're already pacing back and forth looking for a job," Lisa said as she was slouching on a sofa. Her hand was clutching on a bag of chips while the other holding a TV remote, trying to roam between channels.

"You know I can't. Some of these companies are in desperate need of fresh graduates," Rosie said, eyes focused on her laptop screen. "I just want to get off this burden off my shoulders," Rosie added.

Lisa turned around to the girl who was sitting across her. "I told you just ask for my help. I can ask my parents about it," she said with a serious tone.

"That doesn't lift up my burden... Letting your parents pay to pay my own debts only means that I'm owing them. It's like a loop, you know? I don't want to die still indebted to someone else."

"Hey! Who says that you're gonna owe them? Just think of it as a help. You don't need to give anything in return!"

"I can't and I don't want to... You're very considerate and I'm very thankful. But I don't want to burden anyone else. Just let me solve my own problems, okay?"

Lisa let out a big sigh and turned her focus back on the TV screen. "Fine... You're very stubborn Rosie," she muttered.

Rosie just laughed shortly.

If it was anyone else, they might not waste that once in a lifetime opportunity to have someone pay for their debts. Like... having a best friend who happens to be the only child of a congressman, willing to get you out of the hole you're currently trapped in? That kind of thing would only happen in a drama or a fictional story.

But Rosie was different—uh no; rational and realistic, she prefered. Rosie didn't have the heart to take advantage of her best friend just like that, although Lisa and her family seemed extremely genuine.

That was exactly why Rosie tended to avoid Lisa during first semesters.

Lisa was a very bright and cheerful student who was loved by everyone. She looked exactly like someone who would take a bullet for you; and in reality, she actually would.

Unfortunately, overly positive people always made Rosie very uncomfortable. She was somehow afraid that one day she would do something that could unintentionally hurt Lisa.

You know what they say about hurting someone who has a wide heart, right? Once you lose their trust, it could never go back.

And that's the least Rosie wanted to do.

"Oh shoot! I got a reply from one of them!", Rosie exclaimed in excitement.

Lisa suddenly jumped from her seat and took a look at Rosie's laptop screen. "Whoa... That was quite fast!", she said, feeling amused.

"Dear Miss Park, with this email we're happy to announce that... Oh, they want to do an interview with me!"

"Does that mean that you got the job?"

"I don't think so. I have to pass the interview first."

"Then I'm sure you will pass it! My Rosie who exceeds in everything. Luck is always with you."

Rosie cupped her own cheeks in embarrassment. "Aigoo... You're making me blush. Thanks for the wish, Lisa," she said shyly.

"We should celebrate it!", Lisa said proudly.

Rosie suddenly hit the blonde haired girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter