Scaredy-cat.

A glimpse of life

Soonyoung was laying on his bed, playing with his phone. He was about to fall asleep and when a knock on his door disturbed him. He looked over his shoulder and saw Jihoon poking his head timidly into his room, looking anywhere but him. 

"What is it?" He watched how Jihoon bit his lower lips, clearly wanting to tell him something but just too shy or embarrassed to do so. He sat up on his bed. 

"Come here," Jihoon followed his order silently and stood by his bed still in silent. Still refusing to meet his eyes, fingers fiddling with the hem of his shirt (Soonyoung's shirt actually but with how much Jihoon wore them, it's basically his). Soonyoung sighed and smiling softly at the younger, pulling the latter to on to his laps. 

"Tell me, what is it?" He could feel the tension in Jihoon's body slowly relaxing under his touch. He heard the latter mumbled something that he couldn't point out.

"I couldn't hear you, Jihoonie," Jihoon whined at him and buried his face onto his chest. 

"Scared," Jihoon said curtly but still brought a smile to Soonyoung. He patted the latter's head, pulling the younger into his embrace. 

"Because of the movie?" He chuckled when Jihoon nodded. He found it funny that Jihoon was perfectly fine when they're watching horror movie together (minus his flinches and the way he touched Soonyoung when he's scared) compare to Soonyoung who screamed and jumped in his seat that Jihoon scolded him for being such a scaredy-cat. But here's the thing that people doesn't know about both of them. 

People always thought that Soonyoung would be the one who wouldn't be able to sleep because of how scared he got when he watched horror movies but people doesn't know that he got over it pretty quickly compare to Jihoon. Jihoon in the other hand, will think about the horror scene and scared himself to the extent that he wouldn't be able to sleep. When that happens, he finds Soonyoung. He doesn't want to admit but Soonyoung has always act like his guardian. Willingly to do anything for Jihoon to avoid the latter getting hurt. 

It is also with how Soonyoung always be able to make Jihoon's mind filled with Soonyoung, Soonyoung and Soonyoung just by his presence. That night wasn't any different, he came to Soonyoung's room because he wasn't be able to sleep. He was glad that he be able to catch Soonyoung before he went into deep sleep, he would just cuddle the older in his sleep if the older is asleep but he like it more when Soonyoung focus on him and giving him the attention he needed with how scared he is (a little bit selfish of him but Jihoon doesn't find it in himself to care).

Soonyoung adjusted their position. Jihoon laid on his chest, listening to his heartbeat to calm himself down and took off his mind from the horror movie that they watched together. Soonyoung glanced at the latter that occcupied the place on his chest, caressing Jihoon's hair before planting a kiss on top of his head. Jihoon's immediate reaction was snuggle closer to Soonyoung and sighing in content.

"Are you still scared?" Jihoon shook his head and looked up to Soonyoung with a smile, thanking the latter without saying a word but he knew Soonyoung knew that. He placed a quick peck on the latter's lips before hid his face in Soonyoung's neck. Soonyoung didn't even have the time to react with how quickly it goes. He just chuckled and pulled the younger closer to him, placing a last kiss on the younger's temple. Both of them fell asleep, tangles in each other's limbs and cramped in Soonyoung's single bed but they don't care. 

 

wrote this after watched the latest updated of going seventeen and after going on twitter. Noticing how Soonyoung had a worried expression watching over Jihoon getting pranked sent me to write this.

I ended up imagining all this and wrote this instead of going to bed lmao. Soonyoung is truly Jihoon's guardian angel and no one can argue me with it cause boi, LOOK AT HIM BEING WORRIED ABOUT JIHOON WHEN OTHER PEOPLE WERE LAUGHING AT HOW CUTE JIHOON WAS (i laughed too but well, he was too adorable :() this is why I love SoonHoon 😔✊