Hope Not

7 is the Number of Perfection

Myoui Mina,

I will say goodbye to you, not because I anticipate the leaving. But because this time, I want to put myself first. That maybe, for the first time in my life I can make a decision that hurts me now, but will bring me better days, like a band-aid being ripped off. 
Because I know that if I wait until you take the reins and end this, I know I wouldn't be able to recover. No, that's not an exaggeration. Thank you for causing a scene with me, because the most beautiful of hurricanes danced with a firestorm and for a while, the world watched, waiting for what happens next. Before we catch fire and burst into a downpour of flames and heartache, I want to say goodbye properly. 

You have shown me so many things about myself, about other people, that I don't think I could ever learn from anyone else. Thank you for baring your soul to me, for being fragile in my palms, and conversely, for being a pillar. 

I'll always remember you, and the way you took my hand as we walked through the bookshop that smelled of coffee and happier days; in the way I heard you say "hello" shakily through the phone for the very first time that we called each other up; whenever I'm at a cafe and i order the sandwich that you came to like because of me; in the mornings i wake up at 5am and know that you're probably already up, getting ready for work; in the way I snap the sunsets glowing so majestically over all the city, but i remember telling you that you will always be my favorite sunset; in the cats that i'll come across - because they remind me of your feline gaze; in the songs you introduced me to and now i can't stop listening to; in random moments when i know you'll find something funny, and because i cannot get enough of your laugh; in soup bowls - because i can never seem to stop ordering them whenever we used to eat out; in tabletops for two - where i'll sit across you so i can take breathtaking pictures of you; in stupid arguments, because you hate it when people say illogical things and you're always up for a good debate; in elevator mirrors because only you can take good selcas; in guitar strums at midnight, late nights, and quiet evenings; quieter evenings when you fall asleep while we're on the phone because I've been singing to you and playing the ukulele with lullabies of our favorite songs.

My heart will always be yours,

Momoring