Friday, I'm in Love

7 is the Number of Perfection

Myoui Mina is holding my hand.

I need to jump off this building to see if this is actually happening.

This girl I am being driven wild by, is holding my hand in hers. Today is the first day we met each other formally.

I guess I'm going to marry her. 

She's quiet but she has told me a lot of stories about the strip mall we're at, and I learned that she doesn't like chocolate cake, she loves to eat chicken, and prefers tea over coffee; she walked us through the mall like a pro, knowing all the stops to take, and where we would hang out. 

We ended up at a three-storey bookstore, and the smell of fresh print filled my lungs in ecstasy. I have loved books more than anything, but books AND the perfect girl? Incomparable.

We skimmed through aisles and shelves and she has me falling for her harder when she started quoting from memory the books we pass by. This girl has eidetic memory? Could she be any more perfect than I already emphasized?

The bookshop was a moment to remember for me. It felt like a scene from a romantic comedy. My senses were overwhelmed in the best way possible: coffee from the in-house café melded with the vanilla scent of books, punctuated by Mina's scent. Like an ocean calm and fresh air, she literally took my breath away and replaced it with new life. It was unexplainable.

Everything else slowed down when Mina hugged me, right after we saw a book about dogs. I had told her my puppy died two days before today, and when she saw how sad I looked, she pulled me in for an embrace. I wanted to stay there, in her arms, for much longer. She smelled like home, she felt warm, and the moment was beautiful.

She hugged me again before she got in a cab. I couldn't have put it in a better way than how she described it, "...like it wasn't a 'farewell', but an 'I'll see you again' kind of embrace."

That easily became my favorite Friday ever.