The wedding pt. 1

Coffee? No Thanks.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                      55 HOURS BEFORE SOOJOO'S WEDDING

 

"Ah Monterey, California. Finally, I'm going back to you." Lisa announces, entering Jennie's room. 

Jennie weirdly looked at her. "Don’t you hate Cali? And what do you mean going back? You're also coming???"  

"Oh Jennie, you're so spaced out ever since Jisoo asked you to be her plus one, you didn’t even notice you almost used forky as a utensil."  

Jennie glared at her but Lisa just laughed "I told you, Soojoo asked me to cover her wedding."  

"Asked you?? She's not paying??"  

"Duh, of course, she will. I don't do free service. Except if it's your wedding."  

"Aww." Jennie pouted. "Really?"  

"Yes. But if you're not marrying Jichu, then you gotta pay."  

“I'll pay then."  

"Pfft. As if."  

---  

The two decided to wait for their ride outside their house. Lisa scrolled her IG feed while waiting. She also informed her team on Cali that she’s on her way there. Jennie, on the other hand anxiously lifts her feet up and down while tapping her luggage. Occasionally brushing her hair. 

"Could you please stop, RJ!?” Lisa frustratedly asked. “I'm getting dizzy!"  

"I'm sorry!" 

“Where are they??" She adds. 

"They're on their way. Just chill man."  

"You said that an hour ago."  

"Why are you so tense?"  

"I think it's my motion sickness kicking."  

"Kim Jennie, we're just standing at the side of the road."  

"So?"  

"Stop lying to me."  

“I’m not.” 

“Liar.” 

“No, I’m not.” 

“Liar liar pants on fire.” 

"god, fine." She defeatedly sighed. "Do we really have to ride with Seulgi?"  

"We do. We made a vow. We all stay travel buddies forever and ever and ever."  

"Yes, but that was before."  

"Vows don't have expiration dates."  

"Tell her that."  

Lisa looked at Jennie, who kept her head down.  

She gulped and spoke after a minute of silence. "Permission to not have this conversation?"  

Jennie slowly faces Lisa, who's giving her a small smile. She smiled back. "Permission granted."  

 

BEEP BEEP   

 

A loud honk startled the both of them. The sound came from the matte black Audi s8 parked in front of them. Lisa was about to knock when the shotgun window rolled down revealing a smirking Jisoo, wearing a black Rayban aviator.  

"You guys booked a ride?"  

"Finally! the uber arrived!"  

Jisoo laughed and went out of the car to help them load their stuff on the trunk. Seulgi peeked from the driver's seat to greet Lisa and Jennie. 

"Hey, guys!"  

"Hey, kkangseul!" Lisa exclaimed.  

Jennie continued loading her stuff as if she didn’t hear anything. Seulgi frowned and looked at Jisoo who is also looking at her. She gave her sister a thumbs up and smiled. 

-- 

“Okay! Check up before we go!” Jisoo announced. 

 “Bags?” 

“Check.” 

“Passport?” 

“Check.” 

“Tickets?” 

“Check, check, check, and check!”  

“How about your chill?” Lisa jokingly asks Jennie sitting on the back seat with Jisoo. 

“Don’t even start, Lalisa.” 

“Ahhhh! Riding with my bros, just like the old times.” 

“I thought she ha-” Jisoo attempts to whisper on Jennie’s ear. 

Jennie as if on impulse, quickly faced Jisoo, who’s face is an inch close to hers. She jumped, making the other girl shocked as well. Jisoo elicited a chuckle. 

“Shocked much?” 

“I uhm” Jennie pursed her lips. “What were you saying?” 

“I said, I thought Lisa hated long flights and Cali?” 

“I don’t know, she’s being weird.” 

Little did the two know, Seulgi was watching them on the rear-view mirror. A smile escaped her lips when she saw how much Jennie and Jisoo were still happy with each other’s company. She can tell it by looking at how their eyes sparkled, because that’s how her eyes sparkled on Seungwan. 

“You missed seeing them together, don’t you?”  

She gave Lisa a smile and started the engine. 

---- 

7 years ago 

 

“Bags?” 

“Check.” 

“Passport?” 

“Check.” 

“Tickets?” 

“Check, check, check, and check.” 

“Here’s something she still hasn’t checked, Jichu.” Lisa whispered to her cousin. 

Lisa cleared and looked at her other panicked cousin. 

“How about your wedding vows, Kkangseul?” 

“Oh god. Oh god oh god   .” 

“What the , Seulgi unnie! You’re marrying my sister in 2 days and you still haven’t written your vows??” Jennie chips in. 

“Looks like someone’s not gonna get married this weekend.” Lisa teases. 

“Oh, shut up guys.” Jisoo says. “You wrote something, right?” 

Seulgi stopped panicking and turned at her sister who’s looking at her with questioning eyes and raised eyebrows. She gulped and gave her an awkward smile. 

“Oh my god. You haven’t.” 

The other two burst out laughing. “You’re so not gonna get married, Seulginnie.” 

-- 

They finally arrived at the wedding venue after 7 long hours of flight from New York. 

“Ah! Finally! We’re here! Please let’s not do this again.” Lisa looks at her two best friends at the back seat. “Please. Please. Please. If you two get married, let’s just do it in New York, okay?” 

“I-” 

“We aren’t-” 

“Yeah yeah I wouldn’t speak to soon, if I were you.”  

They were left blushing at the back. 

“  , we’re here we’re here.” 

“I swear to god, Kkangseul. If you’re going be like this for the rest of the weekend, I’m throwing you to the ocean!” 

-- 

The four of them were the first ones to arrive before the guests. They decided to settle on Jennie and Jisoo’s room for the meantime, while Jisoo arranges their reservation. 

“Alright.” Seulgi says, crossing her legs. “Now that Ji’s not here. Spill.” 

“Spill what?” Jennie nonchalantly asked. 

“Spill why you’re here with us, and not with your family who’s flying now from Canada.” 

Jennie looked at her future sister-in-law, and at her best friend who’s leaning at the terrace door, sipping the complementary wine given to them by the resort. 

“You know how I easily get motion sickness.” 

“So? As if your parents don’t know how to handle you.” 

“Unless, you want a specific someone to comfort

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter