White Chocolate Mocha

Coffee? No Thanks.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie has been pacing in her bedroom for 10 minutes now.  

What the hell is she doing here?  

Why is she cooking breakfast?   

Yesterday, she was so frustrated about that stupid date and now she’s here, in my kitchen, cooking me breakfast for no absolute reason.  

Trust me, this will be the best kimchi fried rice you’ll ever taste.  

“WHY is she so good at this??? She’s so!! Ugh! I hate to admit it, but I’m so glad Lisa interrupted us back there. I don’t know what kind of stupid thing I’ll do if she hadn’t showed up.”  She frustratedly mumbles to herself. 

“Jennie!!!! Breakfast is ready!!”  

Jennie widens her eyes, and contemplates on whether to go down and have the most awkward with her two best friends, or just jump on her terrace, which is very high. And just grab breakfast on her way to her office. 

“Why am I panicking? ”  

“It’s just Jisoo, Jennie .”  

“It’s just Jisoo, your best friend since high school. There’s nothing to be worried about.  “  

She took deep breathes while still pacing. 

“Are you done giving yourself a pep talk? Because I am starving,  RJ.”  

Jennie looked at Lisa and sighed.  

This is pathetic.  

“Why is she here, Lisa?”  She says, settling to sit on her bed. 

Lisa walks over and takes a seat beside the other girl. “I have no idea.”  

“You two are cousins, you should know.”   

“Well genius, we just share the same bloodline, not the same track of thoughts.”  

“C’mon,”  She nudges Jennie. “Bacons aren’t gonna be crispy forever.”  

Her eyes widen at what her friend said. “There’s bacon!? I thought she said kimchi fried rice?”  

“Kimchi fried rice....and more.”  

“Why didn’t you say so!”  Jennie pushes Lisa and stands up.  

This better taste good,  Jisoo .  

Jennie started walking out of her bedroom when Lisa called her. 

“Yo , RJ.”  She  look s  backed at her  with raised eyebrows “ Everything’s fine. Stop overthinking.”  

 

 

 

"I just have to ask."   

"Hmmm"  

"Why did you say no?"   

" Jisoo , I-”  

* CACATCH ME IF YOU WANNA~”  

ing great.  

They both looked at Jisoo’s phone. 

Jennie knows that ringtone in a heartbeat.  

Of course, the caller decides to call at this moment. Now that her and Jisoo are about to have the talk.  Every time things get serious, that ringtone pops up. And here it is again. Right on cue. 

Jisoo looked at Jennie apologetically, she just rolled her eyes. “Go, answer it, you know how impatient she gets.”  

“Sorry.”  She mouthed. Then picked her phone. 

“Hey,  Soojoo . What’s up?”  

Hong Soojoo. Jisoo’s ex. 

She was the girl that Jisoo first dated. The first girl who experienced all of Jisoo’s gimmicks. But their relationship was on and off  when they were in high school. Jisoo decided to finally end it on Senior year, before the proposal even happened. Soojoo became very persistent on getting back together again when Jisoo didn’t succeeded. 

 

“Okay, sure. I’ll see you.”  

“So....”  She says, sliding on the chair “That was Soojoo.”  

“I think I’m aware who owns the ringtone Catch Me by TVXQ, Jisoo.”  

“Yeah, right.”   She awkwardly chuckles. 

“Still persistent, huh?”  

“Very.”  She answers. “Enough of her, where were we?”  

“As I was saying, I never really said n-”  

*BEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEP*  

You have to be kidding me? Seriously, what is up with people today!?   

Jisoo banged her head on the counter, another interruption has occurred.  

“One second. I’ll be back”  

It wasn’t a second.  

The call lasted for 10 minutes or so. 

It was Seulgi. She informed Jisoo about their meeting this morning. 

Jennie was already outside when the call ended. Because as much as she wanted to have this talk, they both have work.  

“Jen, I’m sorry. If you want, we can still talk.  I still have o ne min-”  

“Jisoo.”  Jennie held her arms. “ We’re late.”  

“Right.”  

“Maybe next time?”  

“Yeah, next time.”  

“No more interruptions?”  

She chuckled. “No, god, no. No phone while we talk.”  

“Sure, that sounds good. I’ll see you around, yeah?”  

“See you.”  

Jisoo started walking to her car. “Jisoo!”  

“Yes?”  

“Breakfast was nice. Thank you, even if you didn’t have to.”  

“I know.  But I wanted to.”  

 

                                                                   --------------------------------------------

 

“Story time RJ!! Tell me what happened when I left?”  Lisa said barging Jennie’s office, unannounced. 

“Don’t you know how to knock?”  

“Wow. I’m hurt.”  She exaggeratedly says, holding her chest. “We’ ve been buddy bud bud  since  pre- school, but my cousin, who you wouldn’t even meet without my help, gets to barge in here freely?”  

Jennie rolled her eyes. “Ugh it’s so dramatic, err.”  

She laughs and plumped on my office sofa.  

Sometimes I feel like my friends only crash at my office just to use my sofa.  

“Did  Jisoo tell you already?”  

“Tell me what?”  

“Oh my god.”  She sat up and looked at Jennie,  “That idiot.”  

“She hasn’t called you yet? She said she’ll call you at lunch time right after she called me.”  She followed up. 

“She did, but I was in a meeting. Why? Is there something wrong?”  

No answer. 

“Lisa.”   

Still no answer. 

“Lalisa.”  

“No, Jennie. I won’t tell you.”  

“Don’t make me say your full name . ”  

“ Uhuh. Like that’ll threaten me .”  

“Either you’re telling me or we’ll be drinking water for breakfast lunch and dinner for the rest of our lives.”  She says, narrowing her eyes at Lisa. 

“No. You don’t mean that.”  She frowns. 

Jennie lifted her eyebrows and smirked. “You know I’m a woman of my words, Manoban .”  

She gulped. 

That’s enough to scare her . 

“Fine!”  

“As long as you promise you won’t tell  Jisoo  that I told you!”  

She zipped her mouth and threw the imaginary key away. 

“ Soojoo’s back in town.”  

“Lisa you know I don’t even give a single abo-”  

“And she’s Jisoo’s  date on our weekly dinner out tonight.”  

The businesswoman choked on air. “She’s  Jisoo’s  what!?”  

“Uhm...date for tonight?”  

“And you agreed to this?”  She asks. 

“I was held at gunpoint!”  

“Sure, you were.”  

Jennie took a long breath and buried her face on her palm. There’s only one person who can make Lisa a whipped . 

“So,”  She  cleared . “Where did you and  Chaeyoung-ah ate for lunch?”  

As if on cue, her face lit up and started talking about how great the diner she and Chae went to earlier for lunch. 

“Oh no.”   

“Your whipped is so dead, Lisa.”  

 

                                                        --------------------------------------------

 

Their weekly dinner out every Friday always excites Jennie. It’s the only day she gets to cut loose and spend time with her favorite people. 

But now, she just wants to go home, take a steamy bath and drink some wine. 

“Did you brief her? "  Chaeng whispered. 

“I did.”  

“You think she’s okay with this?”  

“Of course, she isn’t. But she’s a strong girl. She can survive this.”  

Jennie heaved a sigh. “ You know I can still hear the both of you even if you whisper, right?”  

“Sorry.”   They both say at once. 

“Yeah, whatever.”  

“Here they come.”  Chaeng announced. 

“RJ, behave.”  

“How old do you think I am? 10?”  

“Just behave, okay?”  

She rolled her eyes. 

“Hey guys.”  

Jennie lifted her head and saw her favorite human; with the person she hated the most. 

“Hi  Soojoo , nice to finally see you again.”   She says, mustering her fakest smile. 

“ Likewise, Jennie.”  She smirks back. 

Lisa palmed her face and whispered. “Oh god, this is such a bad idea.”  

 

                                                           --------------------------------------------

 

“Soojoo  dear, how’s France?”  Chaeng says, starting a conversation but not letting her eyes leave the steak. 

“It was lovely. We went to this castle, Chatu de chembord”  

Jennie almost choked on her food when she heard how Soojoo pronounced the place. 

“Château de Chambord.”  She mumbles. 

Lisa frowns and turns to Jennie with wide eyes. 

“What?”  Jennie mouthed. 

“Behave.”  She mouths back. 

“I am.”  

 

                                                           --------------------------------------------

 

“What was that?”  Lisa immediately asks when they left. 

Soojoo had errands to do, and Jisoo volunteered to drive her there. Which made Jennie extra grumpy and ended up ordering another bottle of wine. 

She pursued her lips and faced the latter. “What was what?”  

“You mumbling the correct  pronunciation  of every French word  Soojoo  said.”  

“ So, you agree her pronunciations are wrong?”  

“I do, but that is not the point.”  

“Oh c’mon, Lali . I behaved. Let this pass. She didn’t even hear a word I said. She was busy placing foods on Jisoo’s  plate. Soo  taste this, Soo  taste that. Blah blah blah”  

“You sound like a jealous girlfriend, unnie .”  Chaeng chipped in. 

Lisa laughs, earning a glare from Jennie. “What? It’s true.”  

“I’m not jealous."  She says, pouring wine in her glass. 

 

                                                         --------------------------------------------

 

Jisoo stopped the car, and looked at the person sitting on shotgun. 

“Thanks for dropping me, Soo.”   

“No biggie.”  

“Dinner was terrific. Although, I almost died from the dagger stares your girlfriend sent me.”  

“Girlfr-what?”  

“Jennie.”  She chuckles. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter