Caramel Macchiato

Coffee? No Thanks.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo is a very romantic person, a gay version of Ted Mosby as her best friend Jennie always say. Almost everyone in high school witnessed how far she exerts her effort to the girls she dated. From the daily flowers inside the locker on sophomore year, the candlelight dinner at the school rooftop on junior year, and to the grand proposal she pulled out on senior prom. 

So, it's not a surprise that she came up with a new  gimmick   (Jennie’s description  not hers )  to the girl she’s about to date tomorrow.  The 'bright' idea came to her mind one night while scrolling her feed, ' RT if you can find your personality based on your favorite coffee.'  was written in the post with an illustration of different coffees with the corresponding personalities. The fact that she likes-no scratch that- loves coffee also helps. It's the one thing that kept her going when she was in College, well aside from Jennie. 

" All I'm saying is that maybe it's about time to stop that  gimmick  of yours, try remembering what happened to  the last ones."  Jennie said on the other end of the line. 

" Are you saying I'm a flop?"  Jisoo replied and placed her and her date's drinks at the table. 

She’s seated at the window side of the coffee shop, her favorite spot.  

Well, Jennie’s favorite spot. It became her favorite too back when they were in college, one rainy Sunday when a grumpy Jennie got pissed at the occupied seats beside the window.  You don’t get it, Chu.  Was what she said when  Jisoo  suggested to  just take a seat at the vacant ones  in the middle of the coffee shop.  Then tell me, so I’ll understand.  She got a deep sigh as a reply.   Jisoo  was about to give a comfort speech when Jennie added,   I  like it because it gives you a perfect  view of the busy city, but also separates you from it.   

Jisoo smiled as she remembered what Jennie said. Completely forgetting the other girl is still on the line. 

"No, a sap maybe. But a flop, no."  

"You do realize you insulted and complimented me in one sentence, right?"   Jisoo chuckled. 

"I do.  Anyway, as much as I want to keep you company until your date arrives, I have to go. I have a meeting in 5 minutes."  

" That's sad."  

"Shut up. Call me later?"  

"Sure, will do."  

-------- 

"Hi, is Jennie here?"  

"Yes, Ms. Kim is inside."  Jennie's assistant answered with a smile. 

The girl is never a stranger in Jennie's office. You'd actually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter