003

Midnight Talk: a series

“Just so you know, if one day she comes to me crying and she mentions your name, I promise I will find you and make you beg for a ray of sunlight.”

“Aye aye, captain. Well-understood.”

Both Taeyong and Johnny laughed.

“She means the world for me, John. She is my everything.”

“I know. That’s why I thank you for letting me to have that same feeling.” Johnny was actually overwhelmed himself, one side of him arguing if he did the right thing yet another side assured him to be okay being selfish, especially compared to the Mr. Selfless next to him, just this one time. There were a lot of things going on in his mind. The mixed amount of happiness and guilt towards Taeyong was something he didn’t expect. He couldn’t imagine how Taeyong dealt with this. “Anyway, it’s her birthday soon. Suggest me what I should give to her?”

Taeyong smiled at the giant. “I can give you a long list of dos and don'ts, her favorite stuff, and even her favorite pads. But I won’t. I would like you to try whatever ideas you have right now. Go crazy and see how she likes it. Even if she doesn’t, I’m sure she will express herself very well. That way, you’ll learn and see with your own eyes how she would accept your feelings. That way, you’ll learn to love her with all your heart and accept her the way she is. So you won’t let go of her easily.”

“Taeyong…” He whined. Johnny just couldn’t help but being dramatic and sentimental. Taeyong was indeed a precious friend that always made the giant soft for him. At times like this, Taeyong always gave pats on his buddy’s back, basically saying ‘everything is alright’.

“Just don’t give her flowers. That’s all I can say.” He giggled, recalling a story of her receiving a bouquet of roses on Valentine’s day and she didn’t know what to do with the flowers. The roses ended up in Taeyong’s house, being taken care by his mother.

“Got it. Flowers are out of the plan.”