HYEOL

Enchantress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People cheer for Byun Baekhyun everywhere he goes. Luhan claims Baekhyun is a liar, that he can control his mind. People doesn't believe him of course, Baekhyun did have a license after all. The school is quite festive on Luhan's defeat. No one suspects that it is the Swine that turned that duel over. Nobody even saw me on the field. Nobody care much about what I do and not do. But on the end of the day, when everyone spring out the seat to go home, Baekhyun turns his body so he's facing me and his elbow rested on the desk. I try not to care. I usually stay over leave time because Father would take some time before he picks me up. He works nearby the house, at the post office. And he insisted that he must pick me up, said he wouldn't any harm come my way. I'm fine with that. That way, he doesn't have to see or even worse, talk to any of the students.

"You're not going?" Baekhyun asks.

I shake my head.

"Why?" he asks again.

Chen, who's leaning on the door frame, calls out his name. "We going to Kai's. You coming, dude?" 

Baekhyun waves his hand. "You can go ahead. Just text me the address. I'll come later on," he says.

"Well," Chen shrugs, "whatever suits you, dude." Then he disappears into the hallway.

Baekhyun turns back to me. Completely forgetting his previous question, he says, "You know, I've just had the most exhausting day ever," then he 'phew'-ed, "did you see what happened back on the field?"

I turn to him, just a little, then shake my head.

"Gotta say Hat Boy has one of the coolest power. I mean, reality warping? That's crazy! Can you believe what he did to me?"

Again, I shake my head.

"The field turned into a futuristic battlefield with cars flying around, building falling apart, and I can't make this up, it felt like the world is ending but there's only him and I," he says, then he adds, "it's ed up," as he turns around, puts his hands on the back of his head, and leans back on his seat.

"You won," I say.

Baekhyun laughs as he shakes his head. "Nah, the truth is I didn't win. The devil helps me," he says. 

If only he knows that the devil is me. "Devil?" I ask, just out of curiosity.

"Ah," Baekhyun cracks a short chuckle, "I mean, why would an angel help me, right?"

I don't get it, but I nod anyway.

“Why are you so quiet?” Baekhyun asks. I don’t answer. And then he talks about his first day, which I already know most of it because we’re in the same class. He tells about how he isn’t fond of Mr. Lee, his least favorite subject is history, and he thinks physical education is going to be his favorite subject. He can’t wait until tomorrow to find out. The cleaning men comes just a while after he shuts up. We get out of the class. I try my best to shake him off. I go to the toilet, buy snacks in the cafeteria, read a book, but he remains smiling by my side. It feels weird, to be the cente

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter