BAEKHYUN

Enchantress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I ended up not going to Kai's. I sent them a message in our chatroom that I won't be joining them to unpack my stuffs that is just being delivered earlier today. It isn't a complete lie. There are a couple of things that I must do to the house. First, change the passcode. Second, up the security system with the alarms and detectors I've ordered through the black market in the morning. And since the house already have surveillance cameras, it brings me to my third task: research the house. If it were a Legion safehouse, I'm as good as toast. Soon, the system would pick up that the house is occupied by a stranger with a fake ID and through in-depth investigation, they'd find that I'm not registered in the system and there's another Byun Baekhyun out there. In other words, not cool.

Turns out that I don't have to go through all the problems because as soon as I step inside the house, a man is standing in the the living room with his back on me, his hands entwined on his back. Now, I'm not a fan of guns, but every Legion has one and I have one hidden behind the strap of my jeans, so my first move is to get it and point it at the man. It's an old-school snubnosed revolver with ebony grip that no one in the Legion picked because it's too small. I like it just fine, since I don't plan on using it much.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I would lower my gun if I were you, Byun Baekhyun," says the man, without as much as move an inch. The pang of familiarity hits me. I know this voice. My mind is going 'I'm toasted on my first day' countless time. I should've known this is his house. He turns around, confirming my suspicion of his identity. Ash black trench coat over a white linen shirt, tucked inside a black dress pants. A different set of clothing from our khaki uniform, but he keeps the trench coat. His skin is very pale, almost sickly. But knowing him for all those three years, I know that's just how he is and he's anything but sick. His face is even free of the stress lines that I was so used to seeing just a day ago. He looks young, but if it weren't for the stress and frowns, I guess he would've looked the same ten years from now.

"Chief."

Suho smiles, faint. "I'm not there, yet, kid. Not now," he says as he saunters to the couch and sits down. "Come on, don't be scared. This is your house for now."

The gun on my hand trembles. No, my hand trembles. "Why are you here? Are you here with the Legion? How do you know I'm here?" The words spit right out of my mouth like bullets.

Suho doesn't drop his smile, as if he's in disbelief of how much of an idiot I am being. "You don't know my power, kid?" he asks.

The Chief was very discreet about his personal life, which is partly good because nothing can be used against him, but at times it can be pointless. Like how he's especially secretive about this mission. For whatever reasons, it seems to me that he is the only person who knows every ins and outs of this mission. Not even me, whose live would be severely endangered either way: living in the reality that the Enchantress would enslave or kill everyone and stopping the Enchantress prior to the havoc. I like to think that I have no choice, that as the last Swine found, this is my duty to stop her. I also like to think of my choice as patriotic, but the sad truth is that I'm simply holding a grudge at her for killing my family. Or making my family, my neighborhood, destroy each other. Whichever is less twisted. For three years, I trained to be as skilled as the best Legion (whatshisname, never really met the dude, heard he's cool, though), to be as cunning as a thief, to be as eloquent as the royals. Never once did the Chief spares me detail of the plan. Whenever I asked or pressed him on that matter, he'd just brush me off. The precise words would be, 'You'll now sooner or later.'

I shake my head.

"Typical of me, keeping things to myself. I used to be a lot more fun before I become the Chief, you know?" he says. When I don't respond, he continues, "Let's just say I like to chat with my future and past selves. So, yeah, I know who you are and why you're here and I'm here to tell you about the plan." He makes a weird hands gesture when he says 'the plan'. The Chief had certainly been different.

The way he talks and sits comfortably calm me down from the fear that I'm busted. Surely, he couldn't lie about knowing the plan. I put my gun back to its strap, just for being cautious. There's only one couch here, the one he's sitting on. Slowly, I sit down on the other end of the couch.

"So, I think a cup of tea would be good?" Suho says in a way it sounds like a question. "Kitchen's at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter