BAEKHYUN

Enchantress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girl in my jacket walks past the front desks, then to her seat at the far back of the class, next to the window. I didn't fail to notice how people look at her. And how the teacher, Balding Lee treats her. How her classmates jeer ever so slightly, maybe so I wouldn't think badly of them. I already have. I know that look. I'm very, very familiar with it. The girl must be an Immune. Or as this timeline liked to call, a Swine.

"Please introduce yourself, boy," says Mr. Lee.

I nod. "Hello, everyone. I'm Byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet all of you." I smile. I really don't want to, in front of these monsters, but I have to. I even specifically wear outrageously bright clothes to attract people in. I need informations and I will get it.

A boy wearing hat on the third row yells, "What's your power?"

"Well, I've been tested to have immunity," I can see some of them rolling eyes, one even yawned, "and enhanced combat. I would say they come pretty handy." This would guarantee attraction. By lunch, I would have people asking how it feels to be a Dualing. The look of amazement from my classmates is a start. Everyone is in awe, except the guy on the seat in front of Coffee Girl. I masked my expression when I first saw him, thinking that maybe I was wrong. But now that he's not lazily burying his head on the desk, I can tell that it's 100% the guy from last night. I think the name is Sehun.

Again, the guy in the hat yells, "How do we know you're not a Swine acting like you can fight?"

The edge of my lips curls up. "You've got to prove it yourself then."

Some students snickers, the Hat Boy gives me a glare, looking ready to jump at me. Before we can schedule our fight, Mr. Lee chimes in. I'm really grateful, because getting beaten up on my first day would jeopardize the whole mission before it even begins. "Enough, enough, Luhan," says Mr. Lee. He turns to me, "You can sit at the back. Next to Han Hyeol. Or do you want to sit somewhere else?" He moves is eyes like it glitches or something, signalling rather loudly that 'SHE'S A SWINE'

I chuckle, "Nah, Mr. Lee. I'll be fine next to Ms. Han." I head toward the back of the class. I put my bag on my chair, getting instant relief frommy shoulders. I just got my books this morning, and because there's no locker in this school, I have to carry it everywhere I go. I sit down. Next to me, Coffee Girl is doing nothing but stare at the front. 

"Open your geography book. Chop, chop. Open chapter two, we're studying marine landscape now," Mr. Lee orders.

I fish the book from my bag, open the said chapter two, and proceed to ignore the entire lecture Mr. Lee is giving. I'm two years too old for this. Everything he's teaching, chances are, I already know. And geography is a must-learn item when you become a Legion, that and history. The other things we learned mostly consist of military trainings, basic psychology, and soft-skills. 

I glace at Coffee Girl again. She's reading the book. Wait, no. She's staring at the book. Even when I don't listen to anything Mr. Lee's saying, I know we've moved past that page with a diver and dolphins picture long ago. I lean to my left. "You okay?" I whisper.

She jumps on her seat. She doesn't make noise much, but she immediately turns to look at Mr. Lee.

"He doesn't hear," I say.

She doesn't answer, but look back at the book.

"That's pretty rude. I did give you that jacket," I point at my jacket that she's wearing. It's too big on her. She looks like she's wearing a blanket.

She looks at me, then after a heartbeat, she whispers so low it's almost inaudible, "Sorry."

I raise a brow. I've been a Swine all my life. I understand that it feels uncomfortable talking to others, let alone a Dualing. Back then, if someone talked to me, it either meant I was going to be clowned or get a beating. You learn to keep to yourself pretty quick after all that. "I'm Baekhyun," I say. I don't how the other classmates would think of me, you know, talking to the Swine. But I must say, as someone whose mother and two brothers are Swines, you automatically have a soft spot for your kind.

She just nods without looking at me.

"What's your name?" I ask, ignoring the evident effort she's making to shake me off. When she doesn't answer, I press the question further,  "Han Hyeol, right?"

She nods.

"Nice to meet you, Han Hyeol." I smile, although she doesn't see. I try to open another conversation, "Do you know what's for lunch tod--"

"Is Hyeol bothering you, Baekhyun?" Mr. Lee asks. Now everyone is looking at us. A couple of students look at me with judging eyes. I almost laugh. Well, sorry that I'm not a jackass like you lot.

I grin and wave my hand dismissively. "No, Sir. I was just asking her what page are we on now," I say.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter