BAEKHYUN

Enchantress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Look, I don't want trouble. Especially one with a Dualing. A real Dualing. Not an imposter like me and my fake enhanced combat skill. I know very well that I've worked hard at the Legion fort to constantly improve my fighting skills, but it just isn't the same as people who are angel blessed with the skill. With them, it's effortless. They were just born with great strategic minds and slow-motion visions (at least that's what I think enhanced combat people have).

I'm fidgeting. My nails digging into my cuticles. I haven't the slightest idea what power Hat Boy possess. If his power is channelled through external forces to get through me, then I'm as good as toast. The thing about Swines and the reason why we aren't on the highest seat of the hierarchy is that we might be immune but there's an extent to our immunity. Mind readers can't read our minds. Clairvoyants can't see our future. Telekinetics can't move us around. The Enchantress has no way getting into my head. But what about the others, whose power has nothing to do with Swines? I'm talking about enhanced strength, invisibility, Mr. Lee's infinite languages, flight, Chanyeol's enhanced intelligence, and many, many more. The angel blessed people can't control us. But they sure can control everything else, a.k.a I'm doomed.

"What's his powers?" I ask to Kai, who's standing on my right. His sister's on my left, with her arms crossed, a total 180 from how Kai's standing with his hands on his back and how he puts his weight on one leg so he hunches a little. Chen is behind me, massaging my shoulders and has the role of a hype man. He keeps saying 'You got this, dude, you got this'. Lay and Chanyeol are standing beside Joy, both glaring at the opposite group.

"Telekinesis," he says. I almost fall on my knees from happiness. But still I dread the combo for that power. "And reality warping. I don't know how it works. I know he's going to be an all his life if a certain event doesn't happen." Kai's looking at me, as I'm looking at him. It's only for a split second before he turns to look at Luhan and his friends, but I know what it means. Whatever that certain event is, it has to do with me and my mission.

Kai knows.

First day and I'm already busted. But at least it can mean two things: I'm going to have my handed to the Legion or it means the world is saved from the Enchantress. I like to think positively. Kai doesn't seem like a man who'd tell on things, anyway. Besides, I have another thing to worry about. Hat Bot is a reality warper on top of being a telekinetic. Means, he can make everything beside me the way he wants it, they way he imagines it to be, he can throw a a tree at me for all I know, and all I can do is convince myself that none of this is real. It is only as real as it is in his head. But still, he is going to change reality.

His first move is to make everyone but him and I disappear. Cool effect, I'm genuinely surprised.

"This is nonsense, you know?" I say, sounding light and ignorant. "First, this battle is not fair because you're a ranged fighter. I'm more of a hand-to-hand kind of a guy. So it's like a disadvantage on my side. Come at me like a real man, then we'll fight."

"You're just afraid of losing, Swine," he says.

"Nah, not really. I can handle embarassment just fine, boy." 20 years of being a Swine taught me a lot of blocking and ignoring what one's saying. I think that's the power of the Swines. Once you just not care of what other's saying, you become more powerful. Powerful of yourself, of your being. Not powerful in a sense that you'd fight the angel blessed ones, but powerful enough to not le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter