Sweet Reunion

Love and Fall (TransFic)

Hanbin was silent in his parked car, staring blankly, sighing then rubbing his face roughly. It's all over, like it or not this is what he must do

"Give up Kim Hanbin"

Hanbin talked to himself then looked at the brown envelope in the side seat. The letter that he had refused to be existing, a letter which was a nightmare for him.

"There is no more reason for me to hold this divorce document—" Hanbin smiled bitterly

"-Wish you happy Jinanie".

 

×××××

 

"Open the door, Kim"

It's been fifteen minutes as Bobby stood at the door of Hanbin's room, persuading his best friend who shut himself up since yesterday. Bobby was confused and also worried by Hanbin's condition which had been in a mess this past week. Bobby actually wanted to let Hanbin calm down for a while but the company needed Hanbin right now.

"Open the door or I'll break it"

Not long before the door before him opened revealed the figure of Hanbin in a disheveled appearance. Hanbin looked at Bobby flatly and asked "What's wrong?"

"What are you doing? Disappearing from the office without any news, I couldn't even contact and now you look so chaotic"

"If its nothing important, go"

"You have an important meeting today, Jisoo called you many times"

"You can go on my behalf"

"If you want the company to lose hundreds of millions of won, I'm happy to go to the meeting"

Hanbin looked at Bobby for a moment and finally said "Alright I'll be there"

 

×××××

 

Hanbin stiffened as soon as he entered in the meeting room, his gaze fixed on the figure of the girl in front of him. Jinhwan sat right in front of him next to that June guy who now fills Jinhwan's heart. The ongoing meeting discussed the collaboration of Hanbin's and June's companies to make the best seller novel in the June publishing company into a feature film. Hanbin turned his gaze to the thick book before him Love & Fall as the title printed there, Kim Jinhwan was listed as the author's name. Hanbin smiled wryly, Jinhwan managed to reach his dream after parting ways with him. During the time before they were married, Jinhwan dreamed of becoming a famous writer, but Jinhwan's dream was buried because she married him.

"After the casting process, our cast will begin the process of making the film, isn't that right Mr. Kim? ... Mr. Kim ?!" Donghyuk, the head of the production division called Hanbin over and over again, Hanbin was not focused with his mind meeting and his mind flying somewhere.

"Ah? Yes?" Hanbin realized after hearing Donghyuk's call then looked at Donghyuk who was beside him, Donghyuk repeated his words and Hanbin only agreed. His gaze returned to Jinhwan, who had been bowed, occasionally talking and smiling at June. Jinhwan looks very beautiful today, her long hair flowing beautifully, combined with a light blue shirt that looks charming on her body. Hanbin smiled bitterly seeing that he could no longer be here, the longer he was near Jinhwan, the longer he could not bear to see that the tiny body is no longer into his arms.

"The meeting is ends here" Hanbin spoke loudly, everyone in the room looked at him and so did Jinhwan. Hanbin did not take his eyes off Jinhwan for a second and continued

"I think all this can go on without me."

Hanbin got up and gave all authority to Donghyuk, Hanbin came out of the room afterwards. Unknown to Hanbin there was someone who was holding back her tears in the room as soon as he left. Yeoja squeezed her skirt tightly, until a hand held it.

"Everything will be fine, Jinanie. Hang in a little longer." June tried to calm the girl beside him. Jinhwan only replied with a nod.

 

×××××

 

Hanbin was really not involved in the process of making films based on Jinhwan's novels. He only received a written report from Donghyuk and never attended a meeting or site review. Filming took one month and editing process for another month, during which Hanbin could only see Jinhwan from afar. When Jinhwan was in his office with June for some reason, when June gently grasped Jinhwan, occasionally Jinhwan's hair, the two also exchanged smiles. Hanbin hates what he sees. It also makes his heart wounds even wider. Hanbin really wants to go back to the time when he and Jinhwan were still together and full of happiness. If only at that time he had not played behind Jinhwan maybe none of this would have happened.

Hanbin really is like a lifeless body, he keeps himself busy with work to eliminate Jinhwan from his mind but that instead makes him tormented. His body was getting thinner from day to day, staying up late at night, gulping bottles of alcoholic beverages, rarely filling his stomach with decent food that made him look pathetic.

"Love & Fall's premiere will be held this Sunday" Donghyuk was in Hanbin's room, and saw his boss lying on the sofa with his right hand covering his face.

"Em, do well. I trust you".

"You must be present Hanbin-ssi"

"I don't think so, I'll tell Bob-"

"Kim Jinhwan asked" Donghyuk interrupted Hanbin's words which made Hanbin stop him.

"Jinhwan?" Hanbin freed his gaze and looked at the ceiling.

"Yes, the writer of the Love & Fall novel asked you to come"

"If that's what she wants, I'll do it"

 

×××××

 

Hanbin sat in the middle of the bench with Donghyuk next to him. The day the film's premiere was lifted from Jinhwan's novel arrived. Hanbin did not read the novel or the script of the film. He did not know how the story goes. The theater lights went out a few seconds later and the film began. Scene after scene rotated before him. Hanbin's hand clenched tightly. He knows all the scenes after scene in the film, or rather he experiences all the scenes in the film. This film depicts his relationship with Jinhwan, starting from the beginning when they first meet, marriage, and the time when Jinhwan left him. The film clearly depicts how Jinhwan's feelings have been shattered all this time, seeing the female lead who cries makes Hanbin imagine that Jinhwan cries in pain due to his actions.

 

The film continues until the screen shows the female lead in a park in England staring at the gray sky then a namja approaches him and holds the girl's hand.

"Has your heart reopened? Do you have room for me?" so asked the namja

"I will not open something that is closed and there is only one space in my heart that has long been filled"

Hanbin flinched at this, is this what Jinhwan feels ? Is her heart still filled with it ? Hanbin did not distract himself from the screen and scene after scene continued to spin. The female lead who looks wistful every day, his gaze is full of pain, lectures and then works part time every day, and also looks so tired. Is this what Jinhwan did while in England? His heart ached at the thought of all Jinhwan's suffering all this time.

The film continues to spin and near the end of the story, the female lead is at London's Heathrow airport, sitting on a waiting bench with Namja who was with him in the park. Both of them sat quietly, busy with each other's thoughts.

"Are you sure?" the namja asked

"Maybe"

"So what kind of ending did you choose?"

"I want to end up happy"

"Do you still love him?"

"You know the answer to that"

After that .... time seemed to stop and the writing appeared on the screen

 

No Heart is strong enough to endure so much pain. Love is like a cloud that holds heavy rain. Painful love.

 

×××××

 

Hanbin leaned back in his office chair while staring at the ceiling. His mind wandering somewhere. There were so many things hanging around in his mind, about the end of Jinhwan movie that made him ask about Jinhwan's feelings. Is he still left in Jinhwan's heart?Is it not too late for him to take Jinhwan back into his arms? But what he saw yesterday made his faith fade.

Hanbin was in the cinema hall after the film finished, still trying to find answers to what Jinhwan felt at the end of the film. Is it possible that Jinhwan still keeps love for him after what he did? Maybe there is still hope for him, but Jinhwan has already made an engagement with June. Is there still a chance for him before Jinhwan makes a sacred promise with June?

Hanbin was so absorbed in his mind, but his attention was diverted after seeing the figure of a little girl who embraced a namja not far from where he stood. Hanbin grimaced with pain in his chest, seeing Jinhwan in someone else's arms. Hanbin can see traces of tears on Jinhwan's beautiful face after both of them release their hugs. June wiped the traces of tears on Jinhwan's cheek gently and looked deeply into Jinhwan's eyes. His heart was tight seeing the scene directly in front of his eyes, Hanbin wanted to bring the tiny body into his arms. But it was not possible, Hanbin chose to go and let Jinhwan in the arms of another namja.

Hanbin had lost and there was nothing he could do, he felt it was time to let go of Jinhwan. Try as hard as you can to accept what is happening. Hanbin remembered the last words the female lead was said in the film yesterday

I want to end up happy.

"If being with him will make you happy, I'll give you up Jinanie"

 

×××××

 

Hanbin stands in a church filled with people who celebrate the happy day of the union of the love of two loving humas. Everyone looks happy waiting for the bride and groom to enter the wedding altar. Hanbin can only sit and look down lifelessly, today is a happy day for Jinhwan and June.

A week after the premiere of the film taken from Jinhwan's novel was put forward, Hanbin got a wedding invitation from his secretary.

"Sir, wedding invitation from Mr. Goo, June and Ji-"

"Arra, I will attend" Hanbin interrupted Jisoo's words because he was unable to hear the name Jisoo would mention, the name that should have been side by side with him until the end of his life but now it was only a memory.

The initial J&J is printed on the outside cover of the invitation, without opening the invitation Hanbin can guess the intent of the initials. June and Jinhwan, a day that would be a nightmare for Hanbin came to him. The day when Hanbin had to really give Jinhwan up with the others.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the groom will soon enter the wedding altar"

The wedding ceremony host announce that the bridegroom will soon enter the church, which means the wedding will start soon. There was nothing Hanbin could do. Everything was too late. Maybe this is one of a series of punishments that he must undergo, to see people who he really love falling into the arms of others. After a while the bridegroom was at the altar, Hanbin looked at June, who was standing proudly in a black suit smiling happily. Hanbin could only smile bitterly and imagine Jinhwan's happy face when he was at the altar later. With a beautiful wedding dress combined with a beautiful face. The thought of Jinhwan wearing a wedding dress on his wedding day first crossed his mind, Jinhwan's beautiful smile when he reached the altar stood facing him. Their happy smiles when they finished making a sacred promise, when he put the ring on Jinhwan's ring finger, then kissed the tiny lips.

Hanbin didn't know whether he would be able to see Jinhwan doing that with another namja.

"The bride will soon enter the wedding altar"

The Announcement hurt him, Hanbin was only able to bow down he could not see Jinhwan. Hanbin slowly prepared his heart to see Jinhwan walking towards the wedding altar. His heart seemed to stop seeing Jinhwan who was so charming in a very beautiful white dress holding a bouquet of flowers, but Hanbin's attention was diverted to a girl who walked in front of Jinhwan. A girl who wears a white dress but has a longer train and wears a wedding veil on her head, Hanbin can also see Yunhyeong, Jinhwan's best friend walking next to her. Yeoja who walked in front of Jinhwan stopped in front of the altar right next to June, Jinhwan and Yunhyeong stood beside the wedding altar. Hanbin is still trying to digest what is happening in front of him.

"Goo June, are you willing to look after and love Park Jihyo, and make her a life companion forever?"

"Yes"

"Park Jihyo, are you willing to accept Goo June to be your life companion forever?"

"Yes, I do"

Afterwards there were boisterous cheers and applause from the invited guests. Hanbin still stood still and processed what he had seen and heard earlier. June and Jihyo? so the engagement that Hanbin attended was not June and Jinhwan's. But what about when June said that the engagement could not take place without Jinhwan, then June, who was always by Jinhwan's side at all times. There was a relief in his heart because it was not Jinhwan who was on the altar with June, but most of his heart asked what had really happened. Hanbin chose to go outside the church to clear his mind which was really chaotic, Hanbin sat on a bench in a park next to the church. Bowed with his hands over his face, his mind still wandered off somewhere, thinking of several possibilities, thinking whether after this he could improve his relationship with Jinhwan considering Jinhwan was not attached to June or maybe Jinhwan had no feelings with him.

"Hanbin" a voice that is very familiar to him called his name.

Hanbin focused his eyes on the source of the sound. Jinhwan stood not far from him with a small smile carved on her beautiful face. Hanbin could see Jinhwan's beautiful eyes began to glaze over, as did he who tried his best not to shed his tears. Hanbin stood still holding back his desire to hug Jinhwan, he was afraid of making mistakes again and he didn't know what to do.

"Do you know the answer?" Jinhwan asked Hanbin

"You do you mean?" Hanbin turned to ask because he didn't understand what was meant by Jihwan's question.

"The last dialogue in my film"

Hanbin tried to remember what the last dialogue said at the end of the film.

"You know the answer" Hanbin managed to remember it. The answer? about whether Jinhwan still loves him or not ? Can Hanbin hope that Jinhwan still loves him?

"I'm not sure, I want to answer 'Yes' but I'm not sure after everything I did for you" Hanbin said while looking straight at Jinhwan.

"After everything you did, hurt me, betrayed behind me, made me cry, but my foolish feelings for you never change"

Jinhwan could not hold back his tears again with a sob she continued his words

"The day I left you was the worst day for me, living a new life in a new place, I was happy but could never be as happy as when I was with you, when I decided to return to Korea hoping to see you happy so that the burden on my heart was lifted-" Jinhwan stopped and walked closer towards Hanbin

"But you came to me and say how tormented you are, the wounds that are in you are the same as my wounds. I am happy when I hear you declare that I still love me, but my heart hurts when I see you tormented. You have disappointed me, destroyed my trust and I need time to recover my trust in you. You also carve a very painful memory for me, and make me need time to forget it. But the beautiful memories of being with you are still kept neatly in my heart- "
Jinhwan's words stopped as Hanbin hugged him tightly, giving him the warmth that had been lost, a hug that he missed so much.

"Forgive me Jinanie, really, so many wounds I gave to you and you still keep your love for me, I am really stupid Jinanie. Sob" Hanbin cried and continued to hold Jinhwan tightly as if he didn't want to lose Jinhwan again. Hanbin was afraid that Jinhwan left again from his side.

"Maybe I don't deserve to say it but start over again with me slowly, I will heal your wounds and try to regain your trust, and bury painful memories and make stories that will be beautiful memories for you" Hanbin said after releasing his arms and gripping Jinhwan's two hands.

"Do you want to wait for me? Restoring my trust in you might take some time, can you be patient?"

"I will wait for you, whatever the outcome and until whenever I will wait as long as I don't lose you again"

"Gomawo Hanbinie" the nickname that Hanbin missed, that smile that Hanbin dreamed of all the time.

"Saranghae Jinanie" Hanbin brought Jinhwan back in his arms, kissed Jinhwan's head, inhaled the scent of Jinhwan's body that he had longed for.

 

×××××

 

"That's because I have to go home and get ready to go to the office" Hanbin said while gently Jinhwan's cheek

"Then can you stay with me" Jinhwan's cheeks flushed red after finishing her sentence. Hanbin who heard Jinhwan's words fell silent and blinked several times trying to digest what Jinhwan had just said.

"You mean?" Hanbin stared at Jinhwan's blush

"Ishh, no repeating of words" Jinhwan closed her face with both hands. Hanbin smiled happily to see Jinhwan who was blushed from her own words. The results of his patience now paid off slowly, his relationship with Jinhwan was getting better and it made him very happy.

"Hey, don't cover your face. So. don't you want to hear my answer?" Hanbin pushed aside Jinhwan's hand that covered her beautiful face. Jinhwan looked at Hanbin, her face was still as red as a tomato and looked so cute to Hanbin.

"How could I refuse Jinanie" Hanbin slowly brought his face closer to Jinhwan, then joined his lips to Jinhwan and took a gentle sip.

Gentle kisses turn to luminous lights of love, Hanbin sipped Jinhwan's lower lip and tried to open the way so that his tongue could meet Jinhwan's. Hanbin brought Jinhwan's body under him without releasing his kiss, the tongues of both of them met and crushed each other. Hanbin's kiss descended to the crossing of Jinhwan's neck and took a strong sip and left a reddish mark that made Jinhwan sigh in pleasure, his kiss continued to fall close to Jinhwan's chest. Hanbin wanted to start something more intimate, but Hanbin didn't know whether Jinhwan would allow it or not. Hanbin stopped and looked at Jinhwan, her beautiful face turned red and her lips looked slightly swollen from his actions.

"Is it allowed?" Hanbin asked,

Jinhwan was silent for a while and a nod was given as the answer. Hanbin smiled happily, he regained his love and promised to take care of her with all his heart and he would not let Jinhwan get hurt again. Hanbin opened one by one Jinhwan's pajama buttons then continued their hot activities. The cold night in early autumn felt so hot for Jinhwan and Hanbin, channeling longing and also the desire that had been withheld. Both of them did everything slowly and it all felt so beautiful. The new sheet of their second life begins, and both of them want to go through it slowly, no need to rush, they both promise to reach a shared dream and carve a sweet story.