Chapter One

Love and Fall (TransFic)

A tiny yeoja arranging platters of food neatly while occasionally glancing toward the clock. Short needles stop at 12, while the long ones are still faithfully assumed to be 9.

"Hahh, he was late again seemed" 

The woman cries while looking on the food on the table, the food she prepared since 7 o'clock this evening. He has heated it three times. A sad expression was evident on his face, dark circles printed under the eyes of the yeoja. Almost every day she waited until late at night.

"I told you not to wait for me" a voice awakened his thoughts

"You're home? Are you hungry? I'll just heat the food." she asked softly, but in a happy tone when she saw the person he was waiting for was right in front of him.

"I told you there is no need to prepare food and wait for me to go home Kim Jinhwan, how many times do I tell you eoh?" snapped the namja who is the husband of  Kim Jinhwan

"Mianhae, I'll prepare the food, you must be tired, take a shower or just washing your face, let me prepare eoh."

"Dwaesseo, I can do it myself. You better sleep and stop pissing me off"

Hanbin passed  away from Jinhwan after saying his words that hurt Jinhwan's heart ... Again.

Jinhwan stared at Hanbin's back until it disappeared behind the closed bathroom door. Pain, his heart was very painful even though it was all beautiful in the past. Jinhwan remembered when he first met Hanbin, when he was still in high school and Hanbin was in college.

 

×××××

 

"Ahh, mianhae" Jinhwan bowed many times after giving a wrong drink to a customer

"I'll replace it with the right order, sir."

"Aniyo, it's okay" the customer smiled at Jinhwan, capitivted by his appearance. Tiny, beautiful, milky white skin, with brown hair that was pushed up and added red cheeks. Hanbin - the customer - fell in love at first sight.

..........

"Hanbin, you?"

"Eh ?, Jinhwan"

..........

"Jinhwan, marry me"

"Mwo ?, are you kidding Kim Hanbin"

"No I am serious"

"But I just graduated from high school, what about my college? My parents?"

"Don't worry about it Jinanie, and please believe in my sincerity"

 

×××××

 

Kim Jinhwan married at a young age of 19 years old with Kim Hanbin who was four years older than her. Jinhwan is just an ordinary girl, her appa is a private employee and her eomma is a teacher.
While Hanbin is the son of a well-known businessman in Korea. His appa is the owner of one of the largest TV stations in Korea. Hanbin followed in his father's footsteps, starting from managing the branch office of his father to now having his own company, which is engaged in the entertainment world.

Hanbin has an agency that houses idols, actors and actresses. Hanbin also spreads its wings in the culinary field by opening a ramyeon restaurant and has several branches in Korea and Asia.

The beginning of their marriage is truly happy, both of them are still in love. Until their marriage goes to its 4th year. When Hanbin's agency was honored to be part of the three largest agencies in Korea. In a relatively young age, 27 years old

Hanbin became a successful entrepreneur. The restaurant business was also a big success. But the success of his business was the beginning of the breakdown of his household and Jinhwan. Hanbin always comes home late on the grounds that he has to render overtime, sometimes he doesn't even come home for days. Jinhwan who saw Hanbin being more successful and surrounded by upper class people made him discouraged, and felt that Hanbin was embarrassed by his presence in public.

At the start of Hanbin's career, Jinhwan always accompanied Hanbin to important events, but in recent months Hanbin preferred to go alone.

Jinhwan tried his best to endure the pain he felt. Always being warm to Hanbin even though his heart was hurt and always hurt. Until one night Jinhwan found out, Hanbin had another girl -Jennie- one of the actresses at his agency.

.....

"Wae Jennie-huh?"

.....

"Jigeum?"

.....

"But Jinhwan is sleeping next to me"

.....

"Is the lightning really scary?"

......

"Arraseo, I'll be there now"

Jinhwan heard it, she did not sleep in the rainy night that is full of lightning. Hands clutched apart, making his body tremble now. Cry and fear. Fear of the thunder and lightining, and also fear of losing loved ones. Hanbin knows Jinhwan is afraid of lightning but prefers to go, meet his Jennie.

 

×××××

 

"Today I'm doing overtime, don't wait for me to go home" Hanbin said in the middle of breakfast

"Eumm"

"You're angry at me because of yesterday?"

"Aniyo"

"Mianhae, you know I'm so busy taking care of this, seeing you waiting for me till night makes me feel guilty. So please stop making me feel guilty"

"Arraseo" Jinhwan replied and smiled softly at Hanbin as her hands tightly grasped his husband who looked at him....Regretfully?

 

×××××

 

Cup .. Hanbin's lips kissed Jinhwan's lips at a glance

"I'm leaving, saranghae"

"Emm, be careful on the road" Jinhwan smiled, and saw Hanbin enter his car and passed.

"Liar" Jinhwan eyes did not leave Hanbin's car, her tears were ready to come out. Jinhwan who can no longer stand then squatted and sobbed. Jinhwan knew everything, last night Jinhwan didn't sleep and heard Hanbin call Jennie. They are planning a date today, Hanbin promised to go to Jennie's apartment and spend all day there.

"Eomma, I'm tired"

 

×××××

 

"Hanbin" Jinhwan looked at Hanbin who was leaning on the bed

"Eum?" he answered without looking away from the cellphone screen

"Do you have to go to Japan tomorrow?" Jinhwan asked while looking at Hanbin

"Yes" Hanbin answered without turning his head

"Can't be delayed?"

Hanbin turned towards Jinhwan, he looked annoyed.

"What do you mean? You want to mess up my business with just your stupid request?"

"Mianhae"

Hanbin snorted and refocused on his cellphone screen

"Do you forget what day tomorrow?"

Jinhwan again asked

"Saturday"

"Um ... you're right"

Hanbin is right about the date, but not what is special on that date. But it was different with Jinhwan, he really remembered what day it was. The day Jinhwan first saw the world. His birthday.

Hanbin said that tomorrow he must attend an important meeting with the directors. But Jinhwan knows, that's not the real reason, its Jennie. Yes, the woman again. Hanbin will go with Jennie to Japan, on his birthday. If you ask how Jinhwan feels. The answer is broken, very broken.

Jinhwan can only lie back to Hanbin. His tears could not stop, Jinhwan cried in silence.

"Is this the end?"

"Do I have to give up?"

"Do I have to sincerely let go?"

Jinhwan wondered. He couldn't fall asleep and he could feel the muscular arm that was coiled around his waist. Regular breath blows at the nape of his neck.

"Will this be the last time, this hug" Jinhwan murmured and held Hanbin's hand in his stomach.

"Gomawo, you're the first and you're the only one. But I don't think I'm the only one for you. I hope you're happy with Jennie". she cried silently.

Jinhwan turned and looked at Hanbin's sleeping face. Landed his hand on the face her beloved. Touched it softly, paying attention to every corner of his handsome face. The face that makes him fall in love. The face that she might not be able to forget. The face that gives the greatest happiness in Jinhwan's life, also the greatest pain.

Jinhwan did not want to end her marriage with Hanbin but Jinhwan doesn't want to continue this way. Withholding pain every day, feeling like a burden to her husband. Being a barrier for Hanbin and his new love.

Jinhwan knew last week Hanbin went to his colleague's private wedding with Jennie, and introduced Jennie as his lover. Yunhyeong, her best friend told heer. Yunhyeong is coincidently part of the marrying couple's entourage.

Hanbin even forgot about her birthday. Hanbin will always be angry whenever Jinhwan asks why Hanbin is his always taking overtime and works out of town and even abroad.

"Stop asking Kim Jinhwan, I work like this for you. You can't do anything. Be thankful for having a rich husband, you can buy anything without the hassle of making money"

Hanbin's harsh words two days ago rang in his head repeatedly. Making it even harder for Jinhwan to sleep. Jinhwan slowly released Hanbin's arm from her waist, then got up from the bed and came out of his room and Hanbin.

 

 

 

 

To: Yunhyeong
I've thought about it seriously. I hope you can help with my divorce paper Yun.