chapter 4

Love and Fall (TransFic)

"Brakk....."

Hanbin slammed his cellphone shortly after Jennie called him.

"Damn, why does everything turn out like this"

Hanbin rubbed his face roughly, Jennie's words on the phone had annoyed Hanbin kept playing in his head.

"I met your house earlier with Jinhwan, he knows about us, it seems like he has long known it. I also gave him a little gift, not a special thing. Only a few photos of our "

Hanbin didn't know what to do, Jinhwan knew about his affair but Jinhwan never once showed her disappointment. Her attention never diminished in the slightest and Jinhwan was never angry with him. Hanbin immediately rushed out of his office.

"I have to meet her, I have to make up for all my mistakes"

 

×××××

 

Hanbin slowly opened the door to his room with Jinhwan, it seemed like Jinhwan had fallen asleep, the clock was 10 o'clock at night. Hanbin can see the body of the wife who is sleeping facing the side. Hanbin really wanted to hug her, but did Jinhwan still want to accept him after all he did. Hanbin squatted beside his bed staring at Jinhwan's face then caressing her cheek gently.

"Mianhae, jeongmal mianhae Jinanie"

"Sob .. Sob .."

Sobbing is heard from her small body. Jinhwan was not sleeping, she could not sleep more precisely. The world seems to have been destroyed right now.

"Jinanie, mianhae I hurt you, hurt you, I'm a jerk Jinanie" Hanbin said while holding back his tears as hard as he could. 
Hanbin felt he was a very evil man who hurt people who meant a lot to him.

"Sob ... Leave me alone, sob ... please"

"Jinanie mian-"

"Please Kim Hanbin, leave me alone"

Hanbin could do nothing and rose with a heavy heart and left Jinhwan alone in the room.

 

×××××

 

After that night Jinhwan left their house to stay temporarily at Yunhyeong's apartment before her departure for England. Several times Hanbin came to Yunhyeong's apartment to meet Jinhwan, but his wife's best friend did not allow him to meet Jinhwan.

Hanbin sat on his sofa looking blankly while imagining Jinhwan who was cooking in his kitchen then smiled warmly at him. All wrong, he shouldn't have started an affair with Jennie. He should have shared all his anxiety with Jinhwan. He should have come to Jinhwan when he needed comfort.

"Drtt ... Drt ..."

Hanbin's cellphone on the sofa side table shook, the number Hanbin didn't know was printed on the screen.

"Yeoboseyo"

.....

"Yes, I'm Kim Hanbin, nuguseyo?"

....

"Atty. Chanwoo?, divorce with Jinhwan? What do you mean?"

....

"Okay, just give me the address. I'll meet you there"

 

×××××

 

Hanbin sat in a cafe in the Hongdae area after receiving a call from a lawyer named Chanwoo and discussing the divorce lawsuit Jinhwan had filed for him. Hanbin's mind was chaotic, He had never imagined him going to part with Jinhwan.

"Hanbin-ssi?"

Hanbin looked when someone calls his name. A tall, round-eyed man stood beside him.

"Ne"

Chanwoo sat on the empty seat in front of Hanbin, both of them sitting face to face in silence. Hanbin looks very worried about what the man in front of him will say, Hanbin still doesn't believe that Chanwoo is the lawyer Jinhwan appoints to take care of their divorce.

"Here. You can immediately sign it. Jinhwan has signed everything" Chanwoo handed a few files in front of Hanbin.

"I won't sign!" Hanbin refused to sign the file in front of him.

"The divorce file cannot be processed if you don't sign it" Chanwoo said while looking at Hanbin

"There will never be a divorce, I'll meet with Jinhwan now. Just save your file. I will never want to sign it" Hanbin spoke so firmly and immediately got up afterwards, intending to go to Jinhwan in his wife's friend's apartment.

"You can't find Jinhwan in Yunhyeong's apartment," Chanwoo said, making Hanbin want to stop.

"What do you mean?" Hanbin turned and looked at Chanwoo confused

"You can't find Jinhwan in Yunhyeong's apartment, in your house, or in Jeju"

"What do you mean huh ?!" Hanbin shouted and made other visitors direct his attention to Hanbin and also Chanwoo.

"You can't find her in Korea, that's all I can tell and ..." Chanwoo was silent for a moment before continuing his words.

"Let's just say this is a punishment for you, hope that Jinhwan can live happier ... Without you"

Chanwoo left after finishing his sentence. Leaving Hanbin who was still standing still trying to digest what he had just heard.

"Mianhae Jinanie ..." he could no longer hold back tears. All regrets accumulate in his chest. Is this the end of his love story with Jinhwan ? Is the last memory Hanbin gave to Jinhwan is his affair. Hanbin's world seemed to collapse, Hanbin was crying in real time. No matter the strange gaze of the people around him.

 

×××××

 

Four years ago Hanbin lost Jinhwan, without any news. After Jinhwan's departure, Hanbin decided to get Jennie out of his agency. Jennie initially threatened to spread her photos with Hanbin but if Jennie dared to spread the photos Hanbin did not hesitate to tell the media that Jennie had been in having ual contact with a film producer to get a leading role before joining his agency. And that made Jennie finally give up and let go of Hanbin because she didn't want her career broken.

Hanbin who was in his office looked at his divorce file with Jinhwan. All files that have been signed by Jinhwan are only left by the empty signature column. Hanbin never wants to sign it, never will. Hanbin can just look for Jinhwan to the end of the world, but Chanwoo's words keep ringing

"Let's just say this is a punishment for you, hoping that Jinhwan can live happier ... Without you"

Hanbin deserves punishment, and Jinhwan deserves to be happy. Every day that passed to Hanbin like a nightmare, for 4 years Hanbin had lost most of his life. Hanbin never felt loved again, his life was so empty without Jinhwan. The first week after the departure of Jinhwan, Hanbin did not come out at all from his room, if not for Bobby who force him by breaking the door to Hanbin's room, maybe Hanbin had died at that time. How can he not, for a week Hanbin was only accompanied by alcoholic cans and cigarettes without any food entering his stomach, Hanbin even needed to be hospitalized for that.

Hanbin lived like a body that doesn't have a life, his job is a mess his company is abandoned, his own parents hate what Hanbin did to Jinhwan. His mother always blamed Hanbin for the departure of his favorite daughter-in-law. Jinhwan's parents did not want to meet him at all. Hanbin feels like a villain, and everyone hates him. His company might have gone bankrupt if Bobby didn't help Hanbin manage his company.

Until finally Hanbin chose to surrender and began to accept his sentence even though every day was a hell for him, Hanbin still hoped that one day Jinhwan would return to him and until that moment his love would never be lost.

"Tok ... Tok ... Tok ..."

A knock on the door of his room distracting Hanbin, kept the divorce file in a drawer.

"Enter"

The secretary enters after Hanbin gives him permission. Jisoo - his secretary and Bobby's lover walked towards his desk.

"Just want to remind you, today you must be present at the child funding party of Mr. Goo, one of your father's colleagues" Jisoo said as he placed an invitation on the table.

"If I have time to come," Hanbin just glanced at the invitation on the table and stared blankly ahead.

"Hah ... You better come to Hanbin-ah, your father will be very angry if you don't come. At least after you disappoint many people try not to disappoint them again"

Jisoo leaves after saying all that, Jisoo is indeed his secretary but beforehand they are good friends. Jisoo, Bobby and Hanbin have been close friends since high school. Jisoo ends up being Hanbin's secretary because Bobby, who is also the main producer at Hanbin's company, does not want her lover to be away from him.

 

×××××

 

Hanbin fixed the collar of the shirt he was wearing before getting out of the car. With a black suit and neat hair, Hanbin looks very charming. Hanbin gave the car keys to the vallet officer and walked into the hotel ballroom located on the 6th Floor. Invited guests seemed to have packed the venue. Hanbin stood in the middle of the room with a glass of wine in his hand waiting for the event to begin, a fake smile never escaped his face. Several times he greeted the guests he knew, some were friends of his father, or his mother and Hanbin also met some of his business colleagues. Almost everyone was seen with their respective partners which made Hanbin remember Jinhwan's figure who looked so charming when wearing a party dress.

"Bogoshippo Jinanie" Hanbin murmured to himself.

He circulated his gaze throughout the room. Hanbin's heart seemed to stop when he saw the figure he had just recited not far from his place. Jinhwan was a few meters away from where he was standing, dressed in a dark blue dress with beautiful brown hair. Hanbin was eager to bring the tiny body into his arms. The pink lips that were smiling were very long for Hanbin, the sweetness was clearly reflected in his mind. Hanbin slowly approached Jinhwan who was chatting with a woman. Jinhwan smiled and occasionally laughed, Hanbin really missed that smile and laugh.

"Jinhwan" Hanbin said after being right next to Jinhwan who was still focused on his interlocutor.

Jinhwan turned and his eyes rounded after seeing who was in front of him.

"Hanbin?! Sorry, excuse me for a moment" Jinhwan looked at Hanbin after saying to his interlocutor earlier. Both of them only looked at each other meaningfully, clearly longing in the eyes of both.

 

×××××

 

Hanbin and Jinhwan are on a balcony outside the hotel ballroom. Awkward atmosphere was felt between the two. Hanbin looked at the face he really missed, Jinhwan looked beautiful just like the last time he saw it.

"Mianhae Jinanie" Hanbin's words broke the silence between the two.

"Forgive all my failures, forgive me. This jerk in front of you" Hanbin's words made Jinhwan look at Namja in front of him staring straight at Hanbin's eyes, his eyes implying a deep regret.

"Are you all right, Hanbin-ah?" Jinhwan thought.

"I'm sorry Jinanie, I ... I still love you, as before nothing has changed. Ahh, after what I did to you I look like a selfish jerk namja expecting you to accept my love confession" Hanbin said with a slight tremble. 

His view was a little unfocused, feeling guilty, nervous, and afraid that Jinhwan would die again mixed into one.

"I am really happy to see you, have you been living happily all this time? Are you happy without me? For 4 years it feels like a painful torture for me, losing you is like losing a large part of my life and seeing you this close to me feels hard to believe I still hope you want to come back to me" Hanbin continued to reveal everything he felt, slowly grasping Jinhwan's hand.

"I ... I don't-"

"Jinhwan" Jinhwan's words were cut when someone called his name. Hanbin and Jinhwan turned around, saw the owner's voice.

"June-ya" Jinhwan was surprised and released his hand from Hanbin's grasp.

"Here you are, the engagement event can't be started without you" Junhoe grabbed Jinhwan's hand and dragged him into the Ballroom. Jinhwan leaves Hanbin who is downcast limply.

"Ah ... June, Goo June apparently, in the end you chose to be with him Jinanie" Hanbin looked at the pitch black sky, as if describing his mood now.

"This is the end I guess."