Chapter 2

Love and Fall (TransFic)

"I'm only 2 days in Japan, and I've transferred money to your account if you want to go back to Jeju"

"Eum, you don't need to worry I'll be fine as usual"

"Mianhae I go again on holiday, you know my j-"

"Your job is unavoidable, arraseo" Jinhwan cut Hanbin's sentence which he memorized very much. Jinhwan smiled and fixed the husband's black shirt collar.

"You look handsome today, like you want to go out on a date ha ha ha"

Sarcastic. Yes, only once did Jinhwan want to be like that to Hanbin.

Hanbin was surprised by his wife's words, his body was stiff, his tongue was out of shape.

"Does Jinhwan know?" Hanbin thought worriedly. Looking at his wife who smiled warmly while looking at him unexpectedly Jinhwan held her so tightly as if it was his last embrace.

"I'm kidding, you always look handsome whenever and wherever" Jinhwan said in Hanbin's arms.

Hanbin replied to Jinhwan's embrace and kissed his wife's top. Somehow guilt arises in his heart. Hanbin feels guilty about his relationship with Jennie and the lies he say to Jinhwan. Hanbin is also afraid that Jinhwan would leave him if he knew what he was doing behind his wife. Hanbin still loves Jinhwan very much, but he also needs Jennie by his side. Hanbin doesn't want to lose Jinhwan, and Hanbin already feels comfortable with Jennie, selfish.

 

×××××

 

"Are you sure Jinanie?"

"Yes"

"You won't regret it? Isn't it better to talk about this matter with Hanbin first"

"No, Yun, I will regret if I continue to be a burden to him"

Yunhyeong looked at her friend's swollen face from crying. Jinhwan came to her apartment after Hanbin's departure to Japan.

"After the divorce, you will return to Jeju?"

"Anni, I'll catch up with Seiyeon Eonni"

"Mwo!? That means you will move to England?"

"Eum, I already told her everything. Hanbin's affair, and my divorce plan. Eonni was very angry and asked her husband to buy me a ticket to England"

"Are you coming back?"

"Molla, but please Yun-ah, I beg you, don't tell Hanbin where I'm going"

"Arraseo, then your Eomma and Appa, do they know?"

"Not yet, I'll tell you later after I split up with him. If I tell them now they will not agree with the divorce"

"You think because I helped take care of your divorce I agreed to it Eoh?"

"Mianhae" Jinhwan bowed and only played the tip of her shirt.

"Hahhh ... Aigo, I really want to blow Kim Hanbin's head. I should have forbidden you from marrying him in the first place and forced you to continue studying in Canada with June"

Yunhyeong was very angry right now, her hands wagging trying to reduce his body's rising heat. Koo Junhoe is their schoolmate who is now continuing his studies in Canada. Jinhwan, June and Yunhyeong were close friends during high school. But June has more feelings for Jinhwan, Yunhyeong knows it as well as Jinhwan. Before going to Canada June invited Jinhwan to take a joint scholarship, but Jinhwan refused and preferred to marry Hanbin, even though June knows Jinhwan's dream is to become a famous writer. 

Jinhwan is actually eager to continue studying literature abroad. But because of her love for Hanbin, Jinhwan was willing to leave her biggest dream.

"So when will you leave for England?" Yunhyeong asked while looking at Jinhwan who was curled up on the sofa of his apartment.

"Next Wednesday"

"So soon? but your divorce trial has not yet finished by then, maybe it hasn't even started yet"

"That's why I begged Chanwoo to help me" Jinhwan looked expectantly at Yunhyeong

"Arraseo, I'll tell him later"

"Gomawo Yun-ah" Jinhwan thanked her and hugged the friend tightly.

"Eumm, its nothing Jinanie"

Yunhyeong patted her best friend's back, she so felt sorry for her friend.

"Chaa, you're waiting here ne. I called Chanwoo first"

Yunhyeong takes off her arms and passes from Jinhwan and enters her room.

.....

"Can we meet Oppa?"

.....

"I am in the apartment with Jinanie"

.....

"I want to ask for your help, can I?"

.....

"Gomawo"

.....

"Eumm, nado saranghae"

Yunhyeong called Jung Chanwoo, her lover who works as a lawyer because Jinhwan asked her lover to take care of her friend's divorce.

 

×××××

 

"Yun-ah, gomawo, you invited me here, I'm very happy" Jinhwan smiled so wide when she and Yunhyeong were in Everland. An amusement park in Yongin, Gyeonggi-do. Yunhyeong invited Jinhwan to this place as a birthday present from her.

Yunhyeong knew that Jinhwan was very eager to come here, her best friend's dream was very simple: a date in the amusement park with her beloved. However, only Yunhyeong can fulfill was the trip to the amusement park.

"Eum, it's not a problem Jinanie. This is my gift for you!" Yunhyeong smiles back at her best friend.

The two ladies look like a pair of college kids on vacation at the playground. Jinhwan wore a white oversize shirt which was inserted into her highwaist jeans, with her hair ponytailed while leaving thin bangs which made Jinhwan look very charming, even some namja who passed glanced in awe towards her.

Yunhyeong wore a white and black stripe shirt that was combined with black jeans and her short short hair which made her no less sweet. But no one dared to glance at her because of a guy who would look sharply at anyone who tried to glance at the young lady. Yes, Jung Chanwoo went with Yunhyeong and Jinhwan. Chanwoo can't possibly let two beautiful ladies roam the amusement park without protection. But his real reason, Chanwoo is worried that his Yunhyeong will be eyed at by an another namja. Basic love ~

 

×××××

 

After playing, Jinhwan, Yunhyeong and Chanwoo fill their hunger in a cafe.

"I'm going to the toilet first"

Yunhyeong rose and leave Jinhwan and Chanwoo together. Yunhyeong intentionally did that because she wanted Chanwoo to discuss the legal process of her best friend's divorce. Jinhwan must get input from someone who understands about divorce.

"Jinhwan, are you serious about the divorce?" Chanwoo asks straight to the point.

"Ne" Jinhwan replied while still looking to her latte

"You know divorce isn't a joke, right? And you will leave Korea after submitting divorce papers to the court ..." Chanwoo paused for a moment while watching Jinhwan. "That means you won't be able to come to the mediation process and the trial, which means you have no chance to change it if you'll ever have a change of heart"

"Gwenchana, my decision won't change" Jinhwan sadly answered. "So does my love for him" she added internally.

"Arraseo, I'll prepare everything the day after tomorrow"

......

"Saengil chukka hamnida, saengil chukkae hamnida. Saranghaneun Jinanie, saengil chukka hamnida"
Yunhyeong came over to Jinhwan and Chanwoo with a small cake stuck on a 23-counted candle above it.

"Chaa, make a wish and blow the candles"

Jinhwan closed her eyes and grasped her hands in front of her chest and then wished.

"I hope Hanbin and I will always find happiness"

That is Jinhwan's hope for this year, still the same as last year.

 

×××××

 

"Wae? Why are you so nervous?" Jennie asked in Hanbin's arms after seeing his face look so agitated.

Both are still lying in their hotel room after their hot activities. Hugging each other with a blanket covering their bodies. Hanbin her hair softly but his heart was so nervous. Hanbin feels he is forgetting something important today.

"I feel like I'm forgetting something"

"Something related to Jinhwan?"

Hanbin was silent with Jennie's question, his hand stopped her hair. Hanbin began to remember what he had forgotten.

"What date, today?" Hanbin asked Jennie.

"February Seven"

Hearing Jennie, Hanbin got up and immediately put on his pants. As soon as panic struck him, guilt began to break into his heart.

"You know that right?" Hanbin asked Jennie undoubtly"

"What do you mean?"

"Today, you deliberately forced me to go to Japan. Even though you know today is Jinhwan's birthday"

Jennie got up and put a blanket on her body.

"Wae!? What's wrong? I am always here for you! I always make you number one. But you still think of Jinhwan !!!"

"You know when we first started all this, I said I just need comfort when things around me are chaotic. I can't guarantee you can replace Jinhwan in my heart"

"But you did not refused when I call you my lover at Lisa's wedding yesterday"

"How can I refuse it if you have announced it in front of dozens of people! How can I say 'no he is not my lover, but my affair' you're crazy Jennie"

Hanbin left Jennie who is still cursing him, went to the bathroom and washed himself as quickly as possible.

"You're so stupid KIM HANBIN!" Hanbin cursed himself as he remembered Jinhwan's words last night.

"Do you have to go to Japan tomorrow?"
"Can't be delayed?"
"Do you forget what day tomorrow?"

All of Jinhwan's words are spinning around his head. This made Hanbin feel even more guilty. Jinhwan's face was clearly reflected in his mind. Jinhwan's smile that lately began to change, as there was sadness in her smile.

 

"This is all my fault! I have to fix it!"