Chapter 3

Love and Fall (TransFic)

"Gomawo for taking me home, Yun-ah, Chanwoo-ya" Jinhwan said right when Chanwoo's car stopped in front of his residence.

"Would it be better if you stay in my apartment Jinanie?" Yunhyeong asked while looking at Jinhwan who was in the back seat.

"Gwenchana" Jinhwan's smile never escaped his face.

"Okay, but call me if you need anything okay?"

"Eumm ..."

 

×××××

 

Jinhwan has just finished washing herself, her clothes had changed to pajamas. Jinhwan checked his cellphone while lying in bed. She saw incoming messages from  her parents and also her sister. Both wished her a happy birthday with hope and prayer included in it. Her in-laws and sister-in-law also gave her a happy birthday message. Only one person didn't send a message for her, Hanbin. Her beloved did not send a message or any news to her.

"Is your vacation with Jennie so fun, that you forget me" Jinhwan spoke with his own cellphone.

"Hahh ... There is still an hour before my birthday ends, will there be a miracle for me, Lord?"

Not long after, Jinhwan fell asleep after getting herself tired of crying, yes crying .. Again ..

Swollen and wet eyes are what Jinhwan sleeps with lately. A wounded heart, only through weeping with pain and tears as evidence of her hurt heart.

 

×××××

 

"Bobby-yah, hurry up a little its already near 12 midnight."

"This is the fastest I can go Bin-ah, be patient. Its your fault for forgetting your wife's birthday"

Hanbin was in the car with his best friend Bobby driving down the streets of Seoul to his residence. After what happened in Japan, Hanbin immediately took a flight to Korea right away. During the flight Hanbin had to endure his worries and guilt for 2 hours of travel. Hanbin repeatedly checked his watch, making sure the time still allowed him to make up for all the mistakes he had made.

Hanbin asked Bobby's help to buy a cake and Jinhwan's favorite white bouquet of flowers and picked him up at Incheon airport. Bobby was upset because Hanbin asked him to find a bouquet of flowers at night. But Hanbin's voice trembled after telling his stupidity forgetting his wife's birthday as a result of going on vacation with his affair, making his frustration disappear instantly.

Bobby knows all about Hanbin and Jennie's relationship. Bobby was very angry at Hanbin when he first discovered Hanbin's infidelity. All the advice that he have given to Hanbin to end his illicit relationship had never been appreciated by his friend. Bobby always felt guilty when he met Jinhwan, but there was nothing he could do.

Bobby's car stopped right in front of Hanbin and Jinhwan's residence. Hanbin quickly came out with a cake and a bouquet of flowers in his arms. But Hanbin's steps were stopped when Bobby held his arm.

"Are you still going to hurt him after this?"

"..."

Hanbin was unable to answer Bobby's question.

"I'll consider your silence as a statement that you will not hurt him anymore"

 

×××××

 

Hanbin saw Jinhwan's body wrapped in a blanket, looked at his wife's face. There was still a trace of tears on her face, even her beautiful face has swollen from crying.

"Sob sob .." Jinhwan sobbed in his sleep, tears flowing from his closed eyes, her body began to fight.

Hanbin panicked to see it, all of his faults were hurting his love. Hanbin brought Jinhwan into his arms, why had it been so long since the last time Hanbin held Jinhwan like this.

"Uljima, mianhae Jinanie" Hanbin Jinhwan's hair, kissed the wife's head repeatedly.

"Hanbinie? Hiks ... Are you here? ... or maybe I'm dreaming?"

Jinhwan woke up from her sleep breaking away from Hanbin's arms and watching the figure she missed before her eyes.

"Is this real ?, Is it possible that in front of this is Hanbin right?" she asked quietly

"Eumm ... I'm here dear, mianhae, jeongmal mianhae"

"Sob .. Sob .." Jinhwan sobbed and held Hanbin very tightly.

Hanbin keeps reciting his apology, not forgetting the words of his love.

 

×××××

 

Hanbin and Jinhwan are in the dining room of their residence. The cake and bouquet of flowers are right in front of the girl, and the husband is sitting in the opposite chair while continuing to hold her hand.

"Mianhae Jinanie, I-I-"

"Gwenchana, I understand how important your work is" Jinhwan cut off her husband's sentence which made Hanbin quiet instantly. 

Feelings of guilt over his heart, Hanbin only realized it so far, Jinhwan was always hurt by it. Hanbin who was too focused on his work, he who lately ignored Jinhwan. Hanbin is always angry when Jinhwan waits for him to come home late at night, angry that Jinhwan is asking about his situation, angry when Jinhwan reminds him to eat regularly. Hanbin is angry about all the attention Jinhwan has given him. When Jinhwan patiently faced all his bad attitudes, Hanbin even cheated behind his wife.

"Thank you for everything Binnie, today will be a happy memory for me-" Jinhwan said and continued to stare at the husband. "-Thank you for being the best thing I've ever had, I will never forget you"

"You don't need to thank Jinanie, and you're scaring me. Your words sound like you're going to go far away from me"

"Mianhae Hanbinie"

"Aniyo, don't apologize. I'm the one who should apologize"

 

×××××

 

"I have received the ticket eonni, it's on my e-mail"

....

"Ne, I'll send a message before taking off"

....

"Eumm, gomawo eonni annyeong"

Jinhwan closes the phone call from Seiyon Eonni and leans on the sofa of her house. After the birthday event where, Hanbin came home and recited his apologies, made her a little doubtful about the decision she made. Jinhwan could see deep regret in Hanbin's eyes.

"Is this the best?" Jinhwan asked herself

"Ting tong ... Ting tong ..."

The bell of the house at her residence rang, making Jinhwan get up and walk towards the intercom, seeing who came to her house. Her body was stiff when she saw who was coming. It's another idol, Jennie - Hanbin's affair, stood right in front of her fence.

 

×××××

 

Jinhwan put a cup of tea in front of Jennie. Both of them sat facing each other in the living room of her residence.

"Eumm, gomawo" Jennie said while drinking her cup of tea

"No need to be suspicious, I did not put poison in the tea"

Jinhwan's words successfully made Jennie look at Jinhwan. Jennie was surprised by what Jinhwan said. Jennie wondered what Jinhwan really meant. Did Jinhwan know about her relationship with Hanbin. Honestly, Jennie actually felt a little guilty for Jinhwan, but she fell in love with Hanbin, who made her want to have Hanbin completely.

"Ha ha, I'm kidding Jennie-ssi"

"Ah ... Ha ha," Jennie scratched her neck that wasn't itchy. The atmosphere was so awkward, Jennie and Jinhwan only met occasionally in offices or certain events. They never sat together and talked together.

"Are you here looking for Hanbinie ? I think he's at the office now, its Monday isn't it ? He always stays at the office all day if it's Monday"

"Aniyo, I don't want to see Hanbin, I want to see you"

"Me ?, wae?"

"Eumm, I want to give this to you"

Jennie gave Jinhwan a brown envelope.

"Ige mwoya?"

"Open it"

Jinhwan opened the envelope given by Jennie and immediately took out the contents. Jinhwan held back her tears right after seeing the contents of the envelope. Photographs of Jennie and Hanbin. Not just photo of those who smile or hug each other intently as she imagines. But photos when they are having . Jinhwan's hand trembled every time she saw the next photo sheet. But only this time Jinhwan did not want to cry and look weak.

"I already know, you and Hanbin" Jinhwan's words successfully surprised Jennie.

"Y-You, you knew?

"I don't know what you want from giving me these photos, but if you are giving me this with the intention that I scream and slap you. You won't get it today. Go"

"Split with Hanbin or i'll spread this photo to the media"

"Go!" Jinhwan snapped at Jennie, which made Jennie gasp and go straight in front of Jinhwan. 

Jinhwan's tears flowed right after Jennie left her house. The photos and words of Jennie rounded up Jinhwan's decision again.

"Everything ends here Hanbin-ah, mianhae I can't keep my promise to always be with you"