Sequel

My Boyfriend's Wife

I woke up with warmth and I realised I was not sleeping on Roseanne. I was sleeping on my side and an arm draped around my waist. I was back-hugged by the person. Turned over my shoulder and as expected it was Roseanne.

 

I lift the blanket draped until my chest, looking inside it, and the reminiscence of last night flashed inside my head after I saw my chest. Wow, that was happening.

 

I admitted that sleeping with Roseanne was way too better than Eric and George. That was the first time ever, I liked for someone touching me. And that was from Roseanne. Thankfully, she was my wife, if she’s not, maybe I would be crazy after her touch.

 

A pair of arms tightened around my waist, when I wanted to climb off from the bed. Roseanne groaned behind me.

 

“Hey” She groggily greeted me. Her voice heard raspy and hoarse, the normal voice for someone who was just waking up from deep slumber.

 

I felt her stirring behind me, but instead of let me go, she moved herself closer to me. Attaching our bodies.

 

“Rosie, we should wake up now”

 

“No, let we stay like this for a little while”

 

I sighed but nonchalantly, I let her hugged me. I held her hand on my stomach, intertwining our fingers.

 

She kissed at the back of my head, “Thanks for last night, love”

 

I felt giddy inside my chest, and my tummy squirmed to the nickname. Oh gosh, I felt weird right now.

 

It was worse when I felt her warm breath blowing my ear. That made her voice sounded ier than ever.

 

“Emm”, I just hummed, didn’t know what would the best response for that.

 

“But, I’m sorry for the hickeys”

 

“Oh, that’s right, I didn’t remember about it” I was squirming last night for her to stop biting my s, she just impossible. I lift the blanket again and it worse. Red marks were all over both of my s.

 

I facepalmed myself for getting a ‘ maniac’ as a wife.

 

I slapped her hand on my stomach, “Next time, control your hormone!”

 

“How can I—” She turned me around, facing her. I stared at her morning face, it was not like I never seen it. I had seen it enough. She was pretty anyway, it soothed my eyes. Tsk, love made me blind.

 

“How can I, when I got the most beautiful wife ever. I’m afraid I couldn’t do that. But, I try.”

 

“Try? What if you can’t?” I urged to ask her that question. She seemed to be thoughtful for the answer.

 

“If I can’t, you should bear with me, then” I snorted at the so thoughtful answer.

 

“Since when, you became this playful”

 

“I was not. I’m not joking or play around. That was my thoughtful answer.”

 

I looked at her like she had two heads. Seriously this woman?! So, she really can’t control her hormone. Gosh, spare me from this ert.

 

Her eyes stared back into mine. Her hazel eyes, that can bring sparks inside my head. Her perfect, pointed out nose and the most captivating feature of hers was her lips. That beautiful, red plump full lips.

 

Then, I realised, no matter how much ert this woman can be, I would still choose her before everything.

 

I saw her face getting closer and closer, and I noticed that she wanted to kiss me. A thought, we just woke up from sleep, and still with morning breath, I rather not. I stopped her, resting my palm on her lips.

 

“Let’s go brush our teeth”

 

 

 

After brushing my teeth, I walked down to the kitchen, made a cup of coffee. I sat at a couch in the living room. I took a sip of my coffee.

 

“Oh, you woke up early Mrs Kim”

 

I faced up at the intruder. A middle age man, with a slight white hair but his figure looked tough and strong like a young man. I nodded at him.

 

“Who’re you?”

 

“Oh, my apology for not introduce myself beforehand. I’m a worker here, I had been informed that I need to send you some foods for breakfast”

 

I realised that he was holding a silver tray in her arms. I nodded at him, and instructed him to put it on a table in the kitchen. He left after wishing for my stay. The smells from the food drew me to the kitchen.

 

It was a fried rice with half chopped avocado. I smiled, thinking that Roseanne might like this. I decided to call after her but a pair of arms hugging me from behind prevent me to.

 

“Hey, why you didn’t wait for me” Roseanne asked from behind, her minty breath attacked my nostrils.

 

“I was waiting” I leaned behind onto her. She held me close, resting her chin on my shoulder.

 

“What’s that? You cook?” She asked, referring to the dishes in front us.

 

“Nah, one of the workers sent it”

 

“It had avocado” She said with a little bit displeasing and I knitted at the tone.

 

“Well, you like it, don’t you?”

 

I turned around, to look at her and her eyes widened before she let me go. She awkwardly regained herself, “Y-yeah, I mean. I just stated the obvious”

 

She scratched her nape, looking suspicious. Narrowing my eyes, I tried to read the atmosphere. She cleared , after noticing my gazes.

 

“Hey, let’s eat, I’m hungry”

 

She changed the topic. I shrugged off about it, and followed her to sit at the dining table. At first bite, I was after the taste. It was delicious but couldn’t surpass Roseanne’s cooks. I glanced at the silent blond beside me, and she was actually had a hard time in chewing the food.

 

“Are you okay? You don’t like it?”

 

She kind of surprised with my question, based on how she snapped her head at me. My eyebrows knitted at her acts. What happened with her? What went wrong?

 

I followed her larynx moved when she was swallowing her food. “No, i-it’s delicious. I just kind of not feeling too well”

 

“Hum,” I narrowed my eyes at her, “It’s hard to believe remembering how aggressive you were last night”

 

I laughed silently seeing her eyes widened, realising what was I referring to. “Um—was I?”

 

I laughed at her, “Relax, I was just joking. Let’s just eat okay”

 

“Um—alright”

 

I looked at her eating, and sometimes she even of the taste but I didn’t know why, but I felt she kind of pretending about it. Maybe, I was just being paranoid. Too much thinking.

 

After we finished eating. I reached for my magazine on a table beside the couch in the living room. Roseanne came up to me, sitting beside me.

 

“Jennie, can I ask you something?”

 

“What is it?” I asked, still focusing on my magazine.

 

“Would you come with me, I want to go swimming”

 

That got my attention. I faced up at her, knitting my eyebrows, “Swimming?”

 

She looked at me through her eyelashes, “Yes, swimming. At the river beneath the bridge in this village”

 

She explained with excitement. But, I didn’t think it was a good idea to agree with her. The two of us, swimming in the river that too exposing, I didn’t think so.

 

I shook my head, “It was too exposing Rosie”

 

She frowned but not long after she lightened up. “How about this, I ask my friends to come here. You can ask your friends too. So, it wouldn’t that weird, right?”

 

I gave a thought about it. It was kind of inviting. But, friends though? My friends were only Eric, George and his brother. I didn’t want to meet with George after our last encounter. But, maybe it would be a good idea for me to settle thing with George.

 

Eventually, I nodded at Roseanne. Agreed with her idea. Her face replaced with a brilliant smile. And I was glad, agreeing to her idea.

 

“Thank you, love” She pulled me into a kiss.

 

And I gladly replied her kiss. Was it okay for me to say that I was crazy over her lips? It was full and thick but soft. Her bottom lip was thicker, and I loved to bite it. So, I did.

 

Her bottom lip in between my teeth, I pulled it out. She groaned at me, now realising that I loved to do that.

 

“Shtop doing that, Jhennie”

 

I giggled. Never I see this would come. She once threw the ball at the wrong time inside my castle. I was beyond mad because, she made the ruckus but who can presume that instead of a slave, I take her as my queen. And, I started to love that queen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ohhhh, river! Here I come!”

 

I rubbed my temple, staring at the tall lanky woman with her petite dark hair woman jumping into the water. Gosh, Rosie really couldn’t find a normal friend.

 

Since they came here until now, I always heard their loud voices. Screaming, scolding, bickering with each other. Sometimes, Roseanne would come in between them, separating the both from starting World War III.

 

“I forgot to say, you still look beautiful with your short pants and a tight t-shirt.”

 

A deep and hoarse voice came beside me. This was another problem, George with his confidence. I should settle with him as fast as I can. Until, he gets the picture that I’m a married woman and I love my wife.

 

“George, you should stop throwing any remark like that anymore. You make things hard. My wife is here”

 

“I just complimenting you, there was no problem in it”

 

I sighed, my eyes wondered around searching for a certain blond. Not a blond beside me here. Then, I saw her but the view didn’t make me any happy. She was talking with man!

 

Not one but two. She was surrounded by Brandon and Eric. I cursed in my mind, for calling Eric too to come here. Now, I regret to not just agree with Rosie, to come here just the two of us.

 

“How did you find this place anyway, it’s beautiful. I think to buy it for some reasons”

 

I crossed my arms over my chest, “You don’t need to, I’d buy this place”

 

George looked at me, with a shock expression. “Wow, why that didn’t cross my mind. But, why avocado?”

 

I sighed, too tired and lazy to reply his question. I shouldn’t do this to my friend but a view in front me had ruined my mood.

 

“Rosie like it” I stated. My eyes widened when I see Roseanne with two guys walking into the water. They were splashing water to each other, and laughing together.

 

How dare she! She didn’t even spare a glance toward me.

 

“Jennie, I thought a lot about it. And, Eric also advised me about it. I’m sorry for everything I’ve done.”

 

My ears caught up when I heard George apologised to me. He actually apologised, and that was so not him. I turned toward him.

 

His lips became thinner, and a long sigh came out from him. He searched for my eyes, “I think about it again, and Eric told me about your contract marriage with him. You married with him to run away from me. I didn’t want to believe it, but it was so comprehensible. I never thought about your feeling. Am I a burden to you Jennie?”

 

His voice became raspy and he looked sad. I never seen him being this way. He always came up with confident and this another side of him remind me that he was my friend.

 

I didn’t reply to him. I couldn’t utter any word at the moment.

 

He grunted, realising that he was right about it. “It’s okay. I got my answer.”

 

We stayed in silent, I didn’t quite sure with my feelings. Some parts of me sad when he said that he would fly to New Zealand. But, another part of me kind of glad that he eventually understood my feelings toward him.

 

I thought, I wouldn’t feel sad or longing feeling at all, but oddly I did. How couldn’t I not, he was my only friend that I have until now. I’d left all of my friends behind, but he didn’t give up on me. I was glad he did that, but if only he didn’t have any feeling toward me, we wouldn’t face this kind of talk. This kind of separation.

 

“Jennie,”

 

“Um”

 

“I have a last question toward you”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Are you happy now?”

 

I glanced at him, he asked me but his eyes were not onto me. He was looking ahead at our friends in the water. I followed after his gazes. In the crowd, my eyes found Roseanne that were giggling at whatever Eric said to her.

 

Our eyes met for a moment, I held the gazes.

 

“I am”

 

I realised that I was happy nowadays. With Roseanne in my life, my life was coloured by her presence. I saw her, give a sign for me to get into the water, which is I shook my head.

 

I smiled looking her face replaced with a scowl, after I declined her. I glanced at George,

 

“Maybe we should join them”

 

I said and we both agreed with that. I walked into the water with George, he being him, he stretched out his hand at me. Leading the way, as a gentleman. If this happened before our talk, I would not take his hand, but consider this is his last day, at last I took his hand.

 

I separated my way from George, made my way to Roseanne. She was scowling at me, and when I reached at her, she was actually huffing out at me. I giggled, realising that she being jealous.

 

“Hey, why you mad?”

 

Instead of answering me, she walked away from the crowd. To a big rock in the middle of the river. On her way, I realised she kept glancing on my way. I shook at her silly act.

 

“If you want me to go with you, you should just pull me with you” I mumbled to myself with a hidden smile on my face.

 

Nonetheless, I tailed after her. When I reached at the rock, she had leaned against it.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry okay”

 

“For what?”

 

She asked with a tone. I rolled my eyes in my mind, she wanted to play.

 

“For not being with you, and being with George instead”

 

“Good that you know. But, anyway I forgive you” She pulled me toward her. Flushing our bodies against each other.

 

“Hey, you’re being unfair now” I said, remembering she was ignoring me, and have fun with other guys.

 

She knitted her eyebrows at me, “And why is that?”

 

“Didn’t you were ignoring me since we came here”

 

She scratched her nape, looking at me with those guilty eyes. “I was mad at you. I thought doing that would get your attention”

 

“Rosie, Rosie” I sighed, “What are you? Five?”

 

“Stop talking about it can we, I have you right now, and I wouldn’t let you go anytime soon”

 

She kissed my forehead. She turned me around, as she was back hugging me. I felt her chin rested on my shoulder. Her warm breath on my shoulder made me shudder under her touch. Her hand glided against my bare arm, sending shiver to my spine. She was feeling me under her fingertips. In some sense, I felt like her thousand hands touching me.

 

“By the way, what’re you talking with George, I wanted to snatch you away actually from him but Eric restrained me to”

 

Eric restrained her? Must be, Eric had known about it. George also mentioned him.

 

“Nothing, it just George was saying his goodbye. He would fly tomorrow to his hometown”

 

Roseanne hummed at the side of my face. Our close proximity made her warmth radiated into mine. It had surpassed the coldness of the water. I felt her hand crawled around my waist until its rested on my stomach. Roseanne drummed her finger and my stomach and sometimes she made a circle pattern on my stomach.

 

“I love you”

 

Out of sudden, Roseanne confessed behind me, her voice came out low like a whisper. A tug on my chest made me lost my breath. I needed to be careful with Roseanne other times, if not I could get drowned on my feet.

 

Her confession was hanging in the air for a little while. It was not because I couldn’t answer to it but the feeling she gave me was overbearing. My body needed my soul back that had left because her overwhelming confession.

 

Overwhelming how? She didn’t give me any bouquet like any other guys would do to me. She didn’t take me to a dinner date, she didn’t prepare anything. Only a pure confession, but it was enough to make me lost my mind.

 

Love really look perfect even though it’s not even close to it.

 

With the sound of my heartbeat, with the warm inside my chest, with the blush on my cheeks, I replied.

 

“I love you too”

 

She tightened her hold on me. A relief sigh came out from her, she was happy. I knew it, same went with me.

 

“I love you, love”

 

She said again, and I didn’t take a long time to this. “I love you too”

 

 

 

 

 

“This is nice place isn’t it. We should make a campfire here someday”

 

Lisa exclaimed which all of us nodding at that said. We all had gathered in circle while staring to the crystal clear of the river. Gathering with many people was not that bad. I actually started to get fond on it.

 

“Jennie, can I ask you something?”

 

I heard from Jisoo, who had stayed silent and kept staring at me for a while. I noticed that. But didn’t want to point out to it.

 

“What is it?”

 

I was kind of nervous actually, and I didn’t even care anymore when she was actually used my first name even though this is our first meeting.

 

Her face was serious but soon it was replaced by a big grin. I heard myself letting out a relief sigh.

 

“Where’s the restaurant here? I’m hungry”

 

Gosh, that’s what she wanted to ask. She shouldn’t stare at me like then.

 

I lead the way, luckily, I know a place not far from this town.

 

“Gosh, I’m really hungry” out of blue, Eric grunted when we sat inside the restaurant. The restaurant not that fancy but it gave you a warm vibe.

 

I stared at the menu, and a dish got my attention. ‘quinoa and avocado salad’, Roseanne might like this. After everyone were ready to order, I called for a waitress.

 

“I want quinoa and avocado salad”

 

“Woah, since when you like avocado?” George asked me, and that was truth. I didn’t eat avocado much when it came to restaurant. I rather, prefer a fruit like strawberry.

 

“It’s not for me, it’s for Rosie”

 

After I said it, a whole table in silent. I looked over at them. They were gaping at me, and I saw Eric holding his laugh. I knitted my eyebrows at the sudden change of atmosphere.

 

I glanced at Roseanne beside me, and she was facing down while starching her nape.

 

“You must be kidding, right”

 

Out of everyone, Lisa voiced out. I shook my head at her question. “No, I’m serious. Why you look at me like that? She likes avocado right?”

 

Lisa seemed to lose word. “Where did you hear this, Rosie doesn’t like avocado. Instead, she hates it”

 

My eyes bulged open at that. “What?!”

 

I faced to my side, searching for any answer from Roseanne. She looked at me with those guilty eyes.

 

Then, I know. I had got tricked by Eric. “Eric! You come here! What the hell, you tricked me?!”

 

I ran after Eric that was running around our table. People started to look at us, but I didn’t care anymore. I need to kill Eric right now!

 

“I’m sorry Jennie!”

 

“Sorry you said?! Then, what the meaning of I bought that Avocado’s farm. Hell, you must go to the hell Eric!!!”

 

 

 

Hey guys~ I’m sorry if this sequel kind of boring, I’d a headache lately, so, I couldn’t get focus on my work. But hope you enjoy it~

 

Now, I need to get working for A Straight Seductress. – Chaeng1102