My Boyfriend's Wife 3

My Boyfriend's Wife

Hi guys, previous part I didn’t that satisfied with my work, that’s why I prepared this chapter a bit earlier. So, next two parts would be up soon and I might finish both of this story and It’s Still Her at that time – Chaeng1102

 

 

Early in the morning, I woke up with delight. The artistic golden sun got up like a baby and started painting the dark black sky into a bright blue sky. The wonderful environment couldn’t overcome the beauty beside me. Staring at Mrs Kim early in the morning like a pain killer healed the pain, like a plaster covered the scar, like an aspirin needed for hangover.

 

Her closed-eyes covered her coffee eyes. The soft warm air from her breath like a lullaby that I can fall asleep with. Her chest raised up and down, with the sound of her breath made me smile with too much lightness.

 

The glorious of hers, made me forgot that I still holding her, with her head on my arm. My arm is numbed but I couldn’t care less about it, as long as she can sleep without worriedness, I would gladly sacrifice my arm for her head.

 

No matter how much I like to stare at her, I need to prepare for our breakfast. I carefully pulled away my arm under her head, with my other hand holding her head. Thankfully, I succeed pull out my arm without waking her up.

 

I climbed off from the bed, letting my eyes roaming for her for seconds before I walked away. I started sing-songing at the kitchen. The spirit for this morning, I hope would last forever. I flipped the rolled-eggs, “Beautiful eggs, please be beautiful~”

 

Even though I was a chef and expert in cooking but making a roll-egg is hard. It needed love and care for it to be neat and beautiful.

 

I turned around, served the dishes on the dining table. I saw a figure in front me, smile fondly when I watched Mrs Kim standing while wiping her hair with towel.

 

“Breakfast had been served Jennie”

 

Mrs Kim stopped wiping her hair, staring at me with empty eyes. I hardly found emotions in her eyes, when I did it’s always shown fear or loneliness. It’s empty most of the time. I replied her gaze, letting her know that I’m here, I wouldn’t go nowhere without her permission. I would stick with her like a gum.

 

Mrs Kim slowly moved her feet, walking toward me while holding her towel. She was wearing her baggy shirt made she look shorter than ever. She stood face to face with me, her eyes glistening. I never realised I would stare at others eyes like I did to hers.

 

“Wipe my hair” She gave me her towel, without words I took it with heartbeat. I didn’t mad she asked me, like I was her maid or what, I glad that she had slowly trusting me.

 

“You have a beautiful hair Jennie”

 

Complimented with my hands busied wiping her hair with the towel given. The droplets of waters from her hair dropped on her shirt made her white shirt damp. I finished wiping, pulled her into bathroom beside kitchen. I finished drying her hair with hairdryer.

 

“Thanks” Mrs Kim walked into the kitchen. I tailed after her, staring at her hair swayed from side to side with each of her step. “Your hair is more beautiful than me”

 

I smiled hearing her compliment. I sat beside her at the dining table. “I would be at work after this, you… take care”

 

I didn’t know what the difference between at the first time we got married and right now but what I know, Mrs Kim became sweeter over and over again as the time flied by. I smiled at her, which she replied with a small one.

 

We dug in our breakfast, enjoying the taste of sweetness from the sandwiches, mayonnaises, and of course our smiles. “I would like to learn cooking sometime”

 

“I can teach you if you want” Excitedly I exclaimed the idea. Actually, I just want to keep her by my side. The images of her learning cooking with me staring beside her made me smile dreamily.

 

“To your dismay, I don’t want to learn from you”

 

Mrs Kim’s words snapped me to reality, I looked at her with my eyes widen as they wanted get out from their sockets. “B-But why?”

 

Why she didn’t want to learn with me, Am I a terrible cook? But she said my food is delicious.

 

A sly smirk formed on her face, I searched for something funny had happen but no. I didn’t realise anything funny happened that made Mrs Kim smirking at me like that.

 

“I’m just joking Rosie. You such interesting woman you know. I can easily read you at the first glance”

 

“Oh yeah?”

 

“Yea, yeah”

 

I found my smile back, hearing she let out a cute giggle. This was the first time she let herself out while giggling and I’m glad I was the source of it.

 

Mrs Kim’s giggles like birds chimed in the morning, whispering to search for food. Saying good things, sing-songing early in the morning. Her giggles like I stand in the middle of sea, searching for sound of the waves. A small one, that eased my mind my heart. Now I realised I was such a poetic person. Stop it Roseanne.

 

“Love really made a person weird” I didn’t realise I was saying it out loud.

 

“What did you say Rosie?”

 

I blinked, wondered my eyes to Mrs Kim standing at the door frame with me in front her. She had wearing her high heels, with her grey tight dress and a white coat. An awkward laugh was the only answer, embarrassed with myself.

 

“Nothing Jennie. Good luck with your work”

 

“Hurm, and please be home when I back”

 

“I will”

 

Her face shown that she was glad with my answers. She retreated to her BMW, got into the driver seat. She drove away with a wave to me. I waved back but probably she didn’t see it, I was too late to reply her wave. Blamed to my mind, spaced off to Mrs Kim’s smile until sky from blue turned to pink in my eyes.

 

Now my lone times, I decided to clean this house. I opened a TV searching for radio channel. Stopped at a channel when the song from Ed Sheeran played. I liked all of Ed Sheeran’s songs so, whatever song it is would do. It was the new song, Beautiful People.

 

I danced while lifting pillows on the couch. I searched for any trash, throwing all away in the bin. Wiped all the furniture, my body weaken. Exhausted with dancing, singing and mostly cleaning. I noted to myself to call for cleaners to do this job. This house was way too big for me to clean alone.

 

After resting for minutes, I walked upstairs into Mrs Kim’s room. Our room supposedly now. I made our bed, neatly tapping the pillows. I mopped the tiles with sweats formed on my forehead, “You can do it Rosie! Just a little bit more”

 

Optimism needed at this kind of time. I opened Mrs Kim’s drawer, organised things neatly inside. Through all, I found a calendar inside that clearly stood out because of a big red mark on a date. It was today date.

 

“Today is her birthday… wut”

 

Jumped out from the room, I threw away the mop in my hand. I drove to a shopping mall, adamant to tell my friends for this event.

 

“Guys meet me at mall right now! Emergency”

 

I ended the call to Lisa and Jisoo, I got to say to close the restaurant right away. Demand much. But, what can I say, for Mrs Kim. I bit my nails, wondered around the mall. Focused to find something particular to Mrs Kim, something memorable. What would be the best gift anyway?

 

I looked around, again refreshing one by one came up inside my head. Groceries? Shoes? Clothes? Jewellery? Bags?

 

“So, this is the emergency”

 

Lisa crossed her arms over her chest, looking down at me that sitting on a chair in a cloth’s store. Explaining everything to Lisa and Jisoo made me got a disapproval looks.

 

“If I don’t know better, I would say that you were in love with Mrs Kim”

 

“You must don’t know me better then”

 

Freeze both of them. Lisa looked at me like I have two heads and Jisoo unexpectedly raised her hand in front of Lisa with a smirk. I narrowed my eyes at them.

 

“Unbelievable friend, you made me lost my bet”

 

“What the hell?! You guys bet on me!”

 

 

Jisoo scrunched her nose, acting coyly in front us. “I’ve known that you would be gay to that great Jennie Kim”

 

“And I bet for you to last at least for two months but this just a month!”

 

I lost my words, “Practically you both bet that I would fall for Mrs Kim, am I right?”

 

“Yeah, clearly”

 

I facepalmed myself. Here I thought they would scream at me, asking me a lot of questions but they just shrug it off like nothing. More worse they bet that I would fall for Mrs Kim all at the beginning. What the heck?!

 

“Now friend, stop being grumpy. Let’s go find a gift for your beloved wife”

 

An arm slung around my neck, dragging me down slightly because of different height. Jisoo’s height looked similar to Mrs Kim. They both short. All the times, they dragged me to every store at the mall. Oddly, Jisoo also seemed to intrigued searching for Mrs Kim’s gift. I searched for mischievous mind of hers like always but nothing. She was purely wanted to help me.

 

I smiled looking at both of my friends engulfed with the shopping thing. I can’t ask for better friends.

 

“Hey, I got this!” I chuckled when they both arguing for the same thing. Jisoo jumped up and down, to reach for a necklace in Lisa’s hand. I shook my head, knowing that they might forget to search for my gift. Like always, but that’s how they are and I love them that way.

 

“I saw that first!”

 

I took a look around the store, looking for any particular groceries that catch my eyes. I roamed my eyes to hundreds of necklaces hanging around mannequins. I touched pendant after pendant. Nothing catch my eyes, I thought that those all beautiful but oddly I saw nothing interesting with them.

 

“May I help you Miss”

 

I waved my hand, signalling that I don’t need any help. I didn’t like someone follow me when I wondering to search for something. It made me uncomfortable and it would be worse if I caught their tired expression, look like they were forced to do it. But oddly they would be fresh when they were serve someone high-class. Jealousy to that kind of treatment is there, but I don’t want it even though I can have it.

 

“Please, let me show you a masterpiece from our store”

 

I surprised with her way, encouraged me to let her show me whatever the masterpiece she said. It was absolutely stunned me, the necklace she showed me.

 

I gaped at the necklace, it’s silver with a small grey pendant that curved like a teardrop. It’s textured was unique, and vintage. I felt the pendant, smooth on my fingertips. I knew that I would take this necklace.

 

“It’s hand-crafted and limited edition”

 

I smiled at the worker, “I take it”

 

I held the white box dearly to my abdomen, I met Lisa and Jisoo outside the store, they both have solved their problem. Guess how? They both bought the same necklaces.

 

I stared at the necklaces, both of them have tried it out, eager much. We slumped our bottoms to chairs inside a café inside the mall. Tiredness swept away when foods served at our table. I was glad to find foods again after hawking. I needed to fill my tummy.

 

We laughed, talking about our first meeting. Lisa and Jisoo had met before me, they both are roommates when they schooled here. Their faculty were different though, Lisa did management and Jisoo did culinary.

 

They succeed eventually. At my peripheral view, I saw a familiar figure with a man. I was told to not keep staring at couples. But, this couple I can’t bring my eyes off from them. Their exchanged smiles, their laughs.

 

The box in my hand, I clutched it tightly, I feel needed to do it. Hoping for better feeling, but how can I. When in front of me, three tables from me, Mrs Kim was laughing happily with a man with blond hair.

 

I can’t describe the face of the man, why? Because I don’t want to. It would made my heart ache. One words can be say, he’s handsome.

 

“Let’s go Rosie”

 

I didn’t hear anything my friends talking until they drag me from the café, leaving our foods half-touched. Never in my life, I left food unfinished behind. This was the worst scenario ever.

 

 

 

 

 

I put down the white small box inside Mrs Kim’s drawer. I sighed, hoping that she would be happy with my gift. Part of me still sad with a message from Mrs Kim said that she can’t make to dinner at home today. Another part of me happy that I can eat all the foods alone. It was a sarcasm.

 

“I hope she happy, celebrating her birthday outside today”

 

I stared at the black sky above, it was unusual dark today. No stars, no clouds completely dark. “I think it would be raining soon”

 

Scrapped all the balloons, the wallpapers that wrote Happy Birthday My Wife. I cleaned the dining table, convinced that Mrs Kim wouldn’t be home anytime soon. Tiredness overcome when all had cleaned up. I let it overcame me, as I drag my feet to bedroom.

 

My body groaned with delight, feeling the softness of the mattress. I really need a rest to swept off my tiredness. The chilling air didn’t help me to stay awake any longer even though I hope for it. I closed my eyes, drifted asleep.

 

 

The sounds of draping awake me up. Hearing it clearly when I opened my eyes, feeling a new weight on my chest I looked down at the source. Brunette long hair that scattered around my chest and I felt the steady moves on my abs. With the dim of night lamp, I can see it was Mrs Kim on me. I felt her hand inside my sleeve that landed on my bare shoulder. Another hand I felt on my stomach. Unlike before, Mrs Kim’s hands were warmer, maybe we had stay long with this position.

 

I bit my bottom lip when Mrs Kim moving on me. She changed her face to other side, landing her left cheek on my chest instead.

 

God, how can I endure this.

 

The rains pouring outside made my eyes drooped. Again, I fall asleep with the warmth of Jennie’s body on me.

 

 

 

 

 

The chirmed birds at early of the morning woke me up. I grimaced at the warmth of sunrays that kissed my cheek. Opening my eyes just to stare at the lovely smile that suddenly hiding the sunrays from my face. I wiped my eyes with my fingers, adjusting to the picture in front of my eyes right now.

 

The wrong is, it was not a picture but a human face. Mrs Kim looked delight looking down at me, glowing than ever with her beautiful smile that hardly she put it on.

 

“Hey” Her soft whisper may made me unconscious.

 

“Hey, what’s up”

 

“Nothing, I just want to stare at you”

 

I smiled, “Don’t look too long, you might fall”

 

I joked but Mrs Kim kept smiling at me. A glittering around Mrs Kim’s neck caught my attention. I looked at it, it was a necklace I bought for Mrs Kim. She might had find it last night.

 

“You found it” I glanced at the necklace for her to understand what I was referring to.

 

“Yeah, and I wore it. It was beautiful. Thank you, Rosie” Mrs Kim said with her hand rubbed to the pendant.

 

“It’s look more beautiful with you” I flirted. This time I clearly showing that I was flirting with her. Afraid to be caught too long, I just can hope that Mrs Kim would accept my feeling. I’m okay if she’s not returns my feeling but I just need her accept mine.

 

Mrs Kim averted her eyes from mine for a moment, before bringing our eyes to meet again. I frowned at the act, I was confused as why Mrs Kim always averting her eyes away before meeting mine again. It kept happening when I touched her and made move to her.

 

“You need to take a bath Rosie. I’ll wait for your cook”

 

I groaned, glancing at Mrs Kim retreating figure went outside the room. I sighed before take a quick shower. I didn’t wash my hair, decided to wash it tonight.

 

 

I walked to the kitchen. Frozen in my place, seeing Mrs Kim wearing an apron around her while crossing her legs leaning on the countertop.

 

“You’re late Chef Roseanne”

 

I chuckled, remembering that she wanted to learn cook. “But, didn’t you work today?”

 

“Nah, I skipped today”

 

“Must be fun being a boss”

 

“Oh please believe me. It’s not that fun. Now let’s hurry teach me”

 

“Alright Miss Jennie”

 

I prepared for ingredients to make the simplest recipe ever, French toast.

 

“First, start with making bread”

 

“Making bread?”

 

“Yeah, I’m making my own bread Jennie”

 

I explained for the steps of the making. Mrs Kim followed my instruction diligently, I chuckled in my mind looking at the frowning Mrs Kim.

 

“Why it’s hardened than the bread you made” Mrs Kim whined.

 

With the remains laughter, I walked behind her. I held both of her hands, pressing on the dough that had well-made from Mrs Kim. She just need to put pressure in pressing the dough. I tightened my hold, I moved her hands to stretch the dough.

 

“You just need to stretch it well, it would be softer” I whispered on her ear.

 

Mrs Kim followed my moves smoothly but after a few moves her hands became heavier. She was practically didn’t move her hands at all. I stopped, jerked my head forward looking for her face. “Jennie? What happened? Why did you stop—”

 

I stopped my sentence when Mrs Kim turned around facing me. I gulped my own saliva, Mrs Kim looked stunning than ever.

 

my heart.

 

I cursed inside my mind hearing my heart thumping fastened when Mrs Kim stared at me those beautiful eyes. This time her eyes didn’t look empty anymore, it shown feels inside. It was so beautiful, Mrs Kim was glowing with glistering necklace on her chest.

 

We stared at each other intensely. My hazel orbs can’t keep quiet that I had to look at her lips. It was inviting and I knew Mrs Kim felt it too when I caught she was looking at my lips too. As it was a cue, I let myself indulged into the kiss.

 

Kissing Mrs Kim like I was riding up a boat, roaming around a great ocean. Surrounded by waves, birds and trees, nothing could interrupt my freedom. Mrs Kim circumnavigated my globe. She scraped the barnacles from my bottom. She hoisted my mainsail. And I hoped to ride up the boat again.