Chapter 01

While we are sleeping

Ppallippalli pihae Right
Cherry bomb feel it yum
ppallippalli pihae Right
Cherry bomb feel it yum..

"Auuuughhhhhh.... " Nikki ran her hands around her bedside table searching for her phone while hiding her head under her pillow. She knew if she wanted to get to her class in time she had get up right away but the fact that it was still 4.30am made it hard for her to make up her mind. Finally when she found her phone and set the alarm off and tossed it somewhere, she decided that 5 more minutes will not kill her. Just when she was about to fall back to he dream land,

Oh baby its you..
ije sijagiya muhanui nakkeutjjok buteo...

"What the... I'm gonna kill you Julie.." Nikki aggressively stood up on her bed and yelled to her phone.
"hey calm down you lazy . I knew you were gonna fall back asleep that's why I called. Wake up OK. You are so not gonna miss todays class" though Julie too sounded a little bit sleepy herself Nikki knew she was more composed than her. "I just need 5 more minutes and I'll be fresh than a watermelon" she mumbled to the phone with her eyes still closed. "Yah your baby is waiting for you are you really gonna make him wait. Open your eyes.." Julie sang the last part almost in a whisper.

"My baby.. " Nikki slowly opened her eyes mumbling to herself. There he stood in front of her with his dazzling eyes and charming smile. Nikkis lips subconsciously turned upwards. "Okay, I'll be there in 5 Julie, thanks" she tossed the phone and jumped out the bed running towards him spreading her arms wide. And she collided on the wall face first.
"Taeyong-ah.. What would I do without you? " she said nuzzling he face on her precious Taeyong poster. This was how most her days started.

To make it simple Nikki Park was a hardcore Lee Taeyong fan. Her only dream was to see him face to face oneday and say "I love you Taeyong-ah". Non of her friends were that much kpop fans. So Julie was the only person that she could ramble to, about her undying love for Taeyong. Naturally they became best friends.


Julie and Nikki had very different personalities. Julie was more into superstitious stuff while Nikki believed in logic. That made them bicker most of the time. But still they were inseparable. The fact that both of them were NCT fans made them even more closer.


"Nikki.. Did you see the new teaser photos? Doyoung totally killed it. I'm so dead." Julie started shouting the moment she saw Nikki entered the lecture hall. Some people looked at them weirdly but others did not pay any attention to them either too busy or knowing they were hopeless idiots.
"Yup I did, guess who stayed up till 1a.m. and watched nct funny videos?" Nikki said wiggling her eyebrows funnily. They both started laughing like idiots. The fun did not last long as the lecturer entered and the lesson started.

 

**********

 


"Julie I'm really gonna kill you this time. You keep making us a laughing stock in front of everyone." Nikki was walking down the hallway with fast angry steps. She was not angry, just embarrassed to the core. It was all because of Julie. "Even Jason was looking at us. He must have thought I was weird" she kept on saying in a whinny way. Jason was the only boy in the whole college that Nikki was even a little bit interested in. It was because his eyes looked a little like Taeyongs. "Hey... How is it my fault that you fell asleep in the middle of class and start making weird noises because you were 'dreaming'. What the hell were you even dreaming about?" Julie said emphasising the word dreaming. Well it was her fault upto some extent. Julie could not stay in one place for more than 5 minutes. It was her speciality. She gets bored very easily. That's why she was scrolling through her twitter account while the lecturer was explaining deliberately about some economy crisis in late 90s. Like if that was not enough, she had to scream that one loud fangirl squeak of hers in the middle of the lecture hall. To say the professor was angry would be an understatement.


"Miss Julie and Miss Nikki, did you thought I was showing you some kind of a horror movie, or is there something going on that you'd like to share with us" almost every one was starting at them. And Nikki couldn't understand why everyone thought that she was part of everything Julie did. And it did not help that stupid Julie was staring at her like she was supposed to say something. "I'm sorry sir, it was just that... umm... a.. a cockroach. Yeah.. I thought I saw a cockroach." Nikki felt like rolling around the hall screaming. The professor stared at her with disappointment and went back to explaining about some protocol again like she was not worth his time. Nikki was very glad about that.

"Yah Nikki, they are doing a vlive. What to do? I really wanna watch it" Julie whispered to her ear almost jumping on her seat. If Nikki was planning to strangle Julie before, she completely forgot about that the moment the word 'vlive' left . She felt like running out the room with her phone but she knew if she did that, it would be her last day in that lecture room. And she could not even take a restroom break after just what happened. Julie was looking at her with puppy eyes. Nikki made a crying face at her and whispered harshly making a threatening gesture with her hands. "It's all your fault idiot".

Of course she could not concentrate properly for the rest of the lesson. She tried thinking about anything and everything other than the word Vlive. She finally concluded that it'll be best if she fall asleep right now to distract herself from the 'harsh truth'. But it did not help her in anyway, for when she opened her eyes again there was a big camera in front of her. And it's screen showed, surprisingly the newest vlive show. All 9 members were there talking and laughing. Their voices sounded so real. She felt like crying. "Julie, what if the professor see u..." her words died in as she looked beside her looking for Julie, but instead there was a big man wearing glasses operating another camera. She shrieked and stumbled backwards. That's when it clicked her. NCT were there in front her own eyes waving at the cameras. She was in.... "Nikki wake up..."

"WHAT THE F...." Nikki springed back from her chair shouting. "That's it Miss Park what is going on there" her professors angry voice resonated through the hall. Nikki was looking around like she just came to earth from another faraway planet. "Miss Park do I have to repea.."

"I'm really sorry sir I could not sleep well yesterday night so I fell asleep for a few seconds, and then I saw some disturbing dream, I'm sincerely sorry sir it won't happen again" Nikki said it in one breath fearing for what was to come next. The hall room was quite for a few deadly seconds."This would be the last time I'm letting you go for disturbing my class, next time I'm afraid I'd have to kick you out."

 

**************

 

She was late to her part time job again. Blame Julie for making her wait in front of the ladies room for 20 freaking minutes. Nikki ran down the street with her books in her hands and her backpack almost slipping down her shoulders. It was not like she would be fired if she were 10 minutes late, but the thing was this happened so often to just let it pass easily. And she always had a very ridiculous reason too. She entered the staff room of the shop through the back door.


"ImsososorryIwillneverbelateagainpleasedontfireme" she spilled it out in one breath at 100 words per second speed. Her manager turned towards her and stared at her with very bored eyes. "get changed and start working" he sounded tired.


Nikki sighed loudly before getting to the changing room. She hastily discarded her coat and started  pulling her blouse away but in her hurry, she forgot to undone the first button so her head got stuck. After a lot of struggling the blouse finally came off and the moment she lifted her head she started screaming. The first thing she saw through her disheveled hair was a boy (or a man) staring at her through the mirror. He was wearing a mask so only his eyes were visible and they were about to fall out of the sockets. Nikki turned around at the speed of light clutching the shirt to her chest ready to scream again but then, he was gone. The door was still closed like how she left it and there was no way a another human being could be inside the little changing room aside her.

"Hey nikki are you coming or not, you know you are almost 20 minutes late now" Her coworker Ellie shouted from outside the room. "co..coming..." Nikki shakily muttered while hastily putting on her clothes. She stumbled out of the changing room like she went on some mind blowing roller-coaster ride. Ellie looked at her suspiciously before sighing and pushing her into the shop room. 

 

**********


On her way home too, Nikki could not take that boys picture put of her mind. He looked awfully familiar but she could not pinpoint who he was. She felt wronged in some way. Whoever he was, he was a ert for watching her change clothes. She was mumbling to herself throughout the walk back to her shared apartment with her senior. She almost bumped into a lamppost.


Her roommate was a third year business management student who happened to be the most nerdiest (if it is actual word) person she has ever seen. The only personal thing Nikki knew about her aside from her name Katie, was about her huge allergy for cocoa. Poor girl could not eat any chocolate.


Nikki rummage through her bag looking for her keys while walking down the hallway. Adjusting her big pile of worksheets on one hand she tried to put the key into the keyhole but failed and the key fell a few feet away from her legs. Cursing to herself she bend down to pick it. It was clearly not her day. First she was scolded by the lecturer in front of the whole student body for falling asleep in the middle of the lecture, then she was late to her shift at the shop and then some ert stared at her while she was changing and now, even the key seems to be hating her.

Finaly after she picked the damned key up, she looked up again and there he stood in front of her with his doe eyes wide like a deer in headlights, in his case a rabbit in headlights.

Kim Doyoung was standing in front of her front door wearing pijamas.