Chapter 7

ᴴᵉˡˡᵈᵒᵍ || ᵇ.ᵇ.ᵖ.ᶜ

I blink open my eyes, my neck aching painfully cracking as soon as I straightened it. I had fallen asleep in the hallway, pressed up against a cold corner. I jump awake, my eyes widening at the sudden movement beside me. 

''U-Um," I whisper, backing away as best as I could, coming face to face with Luhan- Sehun's pet.

''Hi! I was hoping to talk to you, funny enough you were right outside my room!" He chirped, his words made me laugh sadly.

“Oh..I’m sorry. I didn’t know where else to go..” I admit, hugging my knees a bit closer to my chest now. I didn’t like his eyes on me, they made my anxiety bubble. 

“Well..I’ve been watching your puppy. Master brought him on the first night you stayed here. I’m sure you’ve been missing him-“ I cut him up, shoving my arms out wanting my puppy now. I could hear his whimpering from the other room—god, I felt so cruel. I had completely forgotten about my puppy in this midst of everything. Luhan emerges out from his bedroom, in his arms curled up was my only friend. I rushed forward, lifting him holding him close to me, my eyes watering with tears. 

‘’T-Thank you..” I whispered, he just smiles at me, helping me to stand ushering me off telling me I should hurry on back before Chanyeol found me out in the halls. I wanted to tell him about his threats, about him kicking me out but I knew there wasn’t anything the boy could do. We were the same. 

''Whoa- where do you think you are running off to?" I gulp and turn towards the new voice. I've never seen this man before, he had almond colored skin and chocolate colored curls. 

''W-Who are you?" I whisper, stepping back my heart racing just a bit faster—I had no idea who this man was, after everything it was only right of me to not trust anyone. 

''Kim Jongin, and who might you be? I've never seen you around here before."

''I'm B-Baekhyun." I reply, whimpering as Fluffy scratches trying to make his way out from my arms. 

''I..I only came here a little while ago." I add on, gulping as his stare only gets worse. 

''Ah, you’re my cousins new chew toy?" He questions, rubbing his chin in thought. I nearly huffed at his comment, of course he was Chanyeol’s cousin they both had the same cocky attitude. ‘’Where is he?” 

''Last I saw..he was in h-his room.'' My voice cracks yet again. Fluffy wiggles in my arms, escaping my already weak hold and runs towards the handsome male- at his fingers that were dangling by his side.

''Oh-I'm so sorry sir!'' I cry, rushing towards the small pup trying to yank him away. Jongin only laughs, kneeling down to our height- rubbing behind both of our ears. I was shocked by such a gentle touch, I was expecting to be hit for my bad behavior. 

''See, I knew he was a pup." My body tenses at Chanyeol's teasing voice.

''Ah, there you are!'' Jongin stands, turning towards the monster. I don't dare to move, my back facing him, breathing erratic. I try my best to ignore his dark presence behind me.

''Stand up pup.'' I gulp and stand on my two feet, turning to face him. 

''I see you met Jongin, you will address him as sir. And only that.'' He tells me, bending down to my height to gently push aside a piece of hour out from my eyes. I curse myself mentally as my heart does a small flip.

''Y-Yes," I reply, shaking in my bones.

''Yes what pup?"

''Yes m-master." He gives a small chuckle at that and ruffles my already messy hair. His sudden change in mood confused me but I decided to ignore it for the time being. No good would come from overthinking, he was too difficult to read. I look over at Jongin who was watching us with empty eyes, a small smirk making its way onto his face.

''How cute cousin, he is truly a keeper.'' I gulp and hold my hand out for Fluffy feeling unsafe around these two men.

''Alright, I’m sure you’re wanting Kyungsoo to bring you to your room. Soo!" Chanyeol shouts, my body flinching at the harsh noise.

''He looks like he’s seen a ghost, dear cousin, and those bruises..this poor boy." Jongin teased, moving a piece of hair from my forehead. I forced myself to stay still, I knew better than to move.

''I'm aware. If only he behaved. But training a pup is hard work, isn't it dear cousin?" Chanyeol sneers, I could almost see the smirk that was plastered on his face.

''Kyungsoo is almost fully trained, and he is very obedient. The only way to make them listen is to be gentle. Not rough." 

''I am gentle." Chanyeol bites back, pulling me closer to him, the sudden movement made my body sting. Even it knew that his words were nothing more than white lies. 

If he wanted to, he would kill me without a second thought.

 

My dear Mr. C;

Today is December 13 2015,
It is now winter, it is quite cold isn't it? I hope you are warm enough in your cabin this month. I wish I could have joined you- Sehun told me it would have been too dangerous as my father would have been very worried with my whereabouts. Oh just how long until we can meet again? I miss the taste of your lips, the warmth of your hands and your stupid laughs. I will see you soon my love, christmas is coming.

December 16 2015

My dear C;
Father read my letter to you, he is very angry with me. He does not yet know who you are- but he is searching to find out. I'm terrified Love, if he finds out he will kill us both. I’m so scared to lose you, is this what we want? Is it...

Forever yours, J.