Chapter 17

ᴴᵉˡˡᵈᵒᵍ || ᵇ.ᵇ.ᵖ.ᶜ

We arrived at the mansion rather late, it was covered in dark ivy giving off a grim appearance. With the help of the men I step out from the car, fluffy still held tight in my arms. I notice my friends waiting for the boss near the entrance. A man dressed in nearly all white stood near the door. 

''Welcome sir, the boss has been expecting you." He bows his head turning on his heels to guide us inside. Inside was dark, candles lined up along the wide hallways. And unlike Chanyeol's mansion— this one smelt like fresh vanilla. Luhan glances back at him, giving me a warm smile. I tried my best to return the smile but it came off as shaky and lopsided I’m sure. I walk close behind Chanyeol, almost reaching out to hold onto his arm—being in a strange new place was nerve wrecking. 

''Welcome, my dearest brother." I jump at the voice coming from behind. I glance around, only peeking the strangers shoes too scared to put a face to the voice. We were guided to a table and we all sat, I was sure to sit as close to Chanyeol as I allowed myself. It was stupid, but I knew if we were to be in danger he would react the quickest. 

''Thank you for allowing us to stay Junmyeon.'' Jongin speaks breaking the tense silence. 

''Of course, I am not as heartless as you make me seem. Now, what news do you bring me?" Junmyeon asks, he didn’t sound too mean—but again, I shouldn’t trust any of these men. 

''We need to enter through the East, the swan won’t know of our plans to attack from there. They have a camp covering the west of the Lake near Salot." Jongin tells the men, his finger tapping the hardwood table. 

''Right, if we attack closer to dawn the men will still be out, and we can take out the night patrol easily. We kill most and take the rest for later—if there are any left." Chanyeol's voice sent a weird shiver down my spine and I found myself shuffling in my seat, this wasn’t normal. I felt disgusting—like some sick freak. His hand moves out to grip my wiggling thigh, gripping my skin in a silent way of telling me to stop moving. I would bring unwanted attention to myself if I didn’t stop. 

''Then we have a plan." Junmyeon responds making Jongin clap his hands with a pleased expression. I dare to glance towards the man called Junmyeon. Our eyes lock, and he gives me a small smirk. I feel a tap on my thigh from Chanyeol and instantly I look away. 

''Let's eat. I'm sure you all are starved.'' Jongin grins at his brother, slapping his back as he leads them out. Soon it's only Chanyeol and I once again. He stands from the table, placing me on the floor as he rubs his temples in irritation. I look up at him slowly, biting my lip. I had so many questions—who was this Swan he kept mentioning, why were we planning to kill so many? 

''Why are we trying to kill the s-swan people?" I dare to ask, tensing up when I feel his hand move abruptly. I knew I should have minded my own business. 

''Because it must be done. Too many men have died because of him." He tells me, he kept his explanation was short and straight to the point. But it was the first time he even spoke to me about them. 

‘’Will..will they hurt us?” I wouldn’t lie, I was scared—terrified for another break in. After Yifan’s attack I was on edge, even when it was time to sleep I would watch the windows like a hawk, trembling from under my covers flinching at the smallest sound coming from around me. 

‘’Don’t look so scared, they won’t get close to any of us. Understood?” 

Our eyes met and for the first time his gaze was soft. No hatred filled his dark orbs when he looked back at me. I guess it was from the booze, or he was just tired. Why else would he hold such a peaceful expression? His fingers brush my jawline, pulling me forward as our lips finally connect. 

Our lips dance against each other—my heart thumps violently. For once, he held me close to him. 

He treated me as if I were a flower.

A delicate flower.