Chapter 4

The End of Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook came home to the sight of his mom’s battered work shoes. He smiled. She’s early today.

 

“Mom, what do-”

 

He stopped when retching sounds came from the other side of the thin wall - the bathroom. “Mom?” he asked. The door was open so he pushed inside and saw his mom hugging the toilet, her body spasming from the vomiting.  

 

He kneeled down besides her and ran his hand down her back soothingly. His mom continued to heave into the toilet, and he didn’t stop moving his hand until she was up on her feet, flushing the contents down the drain. As the vomit whirled, he saw a flash of red before clear water replaced the dark fluids from before.

 

His mouth opened but was interrupted when his mom quickly settled into a coughing fit.

 

He could just ask her about it later.

 

***

 

The door dinged, and Jungkook looked up from the table.

 

Taehyung walked in with a spring in his steps. “Did you miss me?” he said, grinning as he leaned against the counter.

 

“No, hyung,” Jungkook nonchalantly said, cleaning the inside table.

 

“Well, I missed you,” the gray-haired man said.

 

Jungkook sighed. “I just saw you this morning, hyung.”

 

“That’s like 12 hours ago!”

 

The younger stopped cleaning and looked at the man - the handsome man - in the eyes. “Why are you so obsessed with me?” He searched Taehyung’s dark orbs for the answer, but instead, he got into the whirling pool of emotions in them.

 

Like that time when he- when he what?

 

“Because I just am.” Taehyung’s eyes turned soft as he softly smiled. “I mean, look at you.”

 

“What, hyung? What’s wrong with me?”

 

“Nothing’s wrong with you. Everything’s right about you.”

 

“Flirting again I see,” another voice joined, taking on a lower and familiar tone. Jungkook crossed his arms and averted his eyes from both of them. If he was honest, his heart melted a bit at Taehyung’s words.

 

“Hey, Taehyung. Hey, Jungkook,” Namjoon said. 

 

Jungkook bowed and greeted, “Hello, Namjoon hyung.”

 

Namjoon came at least thrice a week to help Seokjin out in the back. He was a university teacher despite being only 21 years old. “A genius,” Seokjin had praised.

 

“Is Jin hyung in here?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Yeah, hyung’s in the back,” Jungkook answered, gesturing to the backdoor.

 

“Ah. Thank you.”

 

Jungkook watched as the older man sleep through the door and as it swung shut. Maybe he had made it too obvious that he didn't want to turn back and look at the other man because Taehyung was tapping on his shoulder.

 

“Jungkook, turn around. Jungkook. Jungkookie.”

 

Jungkook snapped his head back at the name. “Don’t give me nicknames, hyung.”

 

“But it fits you. You’re so cute.” Taehyung squished Jungkook’s cheeks for emphasis.

 

Jungkook immediately squatted the hand away, pushing Taehyung away from the counter - away from him. “I need to clean the table, hyung.”

 

“But why are you p

Please log in to read the full chapter