Prologue

The End of Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook reached forward, stretching his arm out as far as he could. Even then, the figure was already too far, walking farther and farther down the tunnel toward the blinding light.

 

"Please, please don't go," he cried, his plead echoing helplessly down the tunnel. "Please..."

 

The figure turned around and smiled, the white light enveloping her, and Jungkook weeped harder. With a voice barely louder than a whisper, she said, "I love you, Jungkook. Mom loves you."

 

All Jungkook could do was drop his hand and cry as his mom slowly disappeared inside the light.

 

It's been so, so long since she'd smiled so beautifully - a smile that could rival the sun.

 

He had to let her go.

 

Jungkook woke up, gasping for air. The night sky above him twinkled, and the night breeze slipped past the open windows, brushing away the sweat that lined his forehead and the tears that lingered on his cheeks.

 

He pushed himself up from the couch and made his way to the sole bedroom. The door creaked from his force as he peeked his head inside. His mom was asleep, her blanket tousled as usual.

 

The lamplight displayed her sleeping face as he fixed the blanket and tucked her in. He looked at her sleeping face and the rhythmic up and down of

Please log in to read the full chapter