five

We Need Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wait.

 

What the hell did I just heard?

 

What the actual !

 

My jaw tightened, eyes flaring red, and I can feel I am slowly losing control over my sanity. Everything in me bottles up in definite anger, my eyes going back and forth between my mother and father as they look at me with smuggy face, as if they are saying that I can't do anything about this, and all I can do is helplessly nod and accept everything coming in my way.

 

Damn.

 

Of course I can't ever say no to them.

 

What the hell do they take me for?

 

Oh my god I am so angry.

 

So pissed that I can't control it anymore.

 

But why am I shaking with tears threatening to spill instead?

 

Why of all times I feel the need to cry now?

 

I divert my eyes to my lap because I don't think I can contain my sanity just like before.

 

"Hey, come on what's with the shocking faces? You both can say something about this, I bet you guys are crazily overwhelming with happiness right now!"

 

My mother sarcastically burst out with laughter intended to spit on my face with her words and I just suppress the need to punch her right there.

 

Mother, you are in fact, nothing but crazy.

 

I can feel Yujin's burning stares on me trying to decipher what is my stand regarding this shocking matter. I look up at her, giving her a small smile with pleading eyes, my face written with 1001 sentences of 'I don't want this to happen'. As if she understands what I am trying to say, I watch her every reluctant move to speak something out of this terrible situation.

 

"Mom, dad, I.. I don't even know about this beforehand. Just what is this actually?"

 

Her mother with serene eyes grabs her hands gently, folding them together in her palms. The tall girl flinching at the contact, her fingers somewhat trembling in confusion. With severe eye contact, she begin her speech.

 

"Yujin honey, we've come to a beautiful decision of marrying you together with Minjoo. Listen to me, she's a very precious gem, totally suits you well. I know no one can even compare to her even of your childish love as we already watch her growing ever prettily from time to time,"

 

Her mother glanced at me for a short while, showing her gummy smile and focuses her attention to her daughter again.

 

"Today is your engagement and two years from now on you'll be officially married! How good it sounds like? It was a fixed decision made a long time ago, so, don't get too overworked because there's nothing wrong out of this whole outcome, we have full faith in this."

 

"Wh-what? Of course there is so much wrong in this situation that I can't stress it enough! Mom, do you even know where is this going?"

 

Her last sentences coming out as a whisper, as if she can't believe this whole ridiculous situation she's getting into.

 

I glanced at my side seeing my parents wear their smug face proudly, my mother practically sipping on her red wine.

 

Yujin rise up from her seat, shooting daggers out of her fuming eyes as it trail to everyone in circular motion.

 

"For sake I don't even know her! And she doesn't know me too!"

 

"Ahn Yujin, watch your language and sit down!"

 

Her father's nose flares in anger.

 

"Okay, I am sorry and for whatever case is going to spill out of my mouth later. I need to fix this before it gets much worse."

 

Yujin take a deep breath before continuing her outburst, seemingly to bring herself together and I hope that everything is going to be fine.

 

Please be fine.

 

She walks to the end of the table, body facing us, standing firmly with hands clasped together, demanding all eyes on her including dozen of maid. But her eyes only directed towards one direction, which is her mother.

 

Her eyes quite wavering though with no intention to divert away.

 

I salute her for that strength and bravery for I can never be on a par with her.

 

"Do you remember what I had wished on my 15th birthday?"

 

Her voice rather seems out of breath, choking as if she had lumps in . It was a very simple question to me nonetheless, but indeed not to her mom as she squirms in her seat restlessly racking back into her mind to answer that one question. Yujin smile does not reaches her eyes.

 

"That is to have my own love life decided by me, by my own self. No interruption from you, no damages done too,"

 

Her hands shaking. Her lips quivering for every word uttered, and I feel so immensely weak seeing her like this. She's literally me, but instead with full blasted courage to speak up her mind. She's trying her very best to contain her tears, while my tears had spilled long ago.

 

Yujin laughs a little, a sarcastic laugh I may add, as she runs her fingers through her hair.

 

"And you guys said yes. I can decide on my own for that one purpose,"

 

"God, finally. I was so, so happy,"

 

"For once, I felt like I was on cloud nine, free falling from the clouds above with rainbow painted in the background, reassuring me that everything will be fine,"

 

We wait for her next action as her legs diligently trail to the nearest wall, and a loud banging sound was heard. Everyone in a total shock because of the sudden exchange of atmosphere.

 

"Because my life has been black and white ever since!"

 

Yujin had banged her fist on the wall.

 

And there goes her tears streaming down her cheeks.

 

"You guys controlled my life more than I can but I always accept it with all smiles. Because I know, you love me, you want the best for me,"

 

Her lips trembling while forming a smile and I can't respect this side of her more than anything. It rather hurts my every inch of heart to see her like this.

 

"but little did you know what I had been through for all this while."

 

"and you guys just decided to destroy my trust again and again, how funny is this, huh?"

 

There's reddish blood trickling down her left hand. Much to my surprise, her face showing no pain inflicted upon them, only a creepy smirk is evident instead.

 

"My daughter, your hand is bleeding!"

 

Her mother sprint towards her only to be stopped with her hand.

 

Her wet, rather cynical face is gleaming as she scoffily laugh. I'm getting full concern of her state of mind right now.

 

"This is tiny, ma'am. I don't need your empathy."

 

She straightens up her back, facing every each of the crowds.

 

"Up until here, you know exactly my answer to this. Ladies and gentlemen, have a good night."

 

She quickly vanishes into the main door after bowing a full 45-degree, leaving us speechless in tracks.

 

I had half a mind to chase her, but who am I to do that, when she might hates me with all her heart for this arranged marriage.

 

But it's not my fault either.

 

Silence ensues.

 

I stifle, no words, no courage from me.

 

As expected from Kim Minjoo.

 

I can't even defend myself, huh?

 

"I'm sorry for my Yujin's outburst. We should have noted her about this sooner. This is all my fault. We should schedule everything again in our next meeting, alright?"

 

Her mother's expression is worrying me. Did she not realize she was the cause of Yujin's spurt? Is she was taken not serious enough for her to act like this is a small matter? Was Yujin's bled her fist is a small matter to be taken lightly then? And why they didn't stormed out of here to get Yujin?

 

She's not even in her right mind I can assure you that.

 

But I can't get to her either, a part of me is scared of her reaction, because hell we don't even know each other and she was very daunting just now, while the other part is freaking out of my parent's fit.

 

"It's okay I can understand that. Maybe, we need to give her time to grab a peace of mind in accepting this matter."

 

"WHAT?" I gasped loudly, my body stiffened in silence.

 

Did I just said that out loud?

 

.

 

Kill me, kill me now.

 

"Yes, Minjoo. Do you have anything to say?"

 

Her strict tone left me dumbstruck. She slowly turns her head facing me in such spine-chilling motion. I can see my mother attempt to put on a straight face failing miserably as her ears and face literally in bold red. Her eyes bulging out, scanning every inch of my face.

 

It sends shiver down my spine, cold sweat trailing my skin when these happened because I know she's mad mad now.

 

That one time when I was caught petting and nurturing a stray kitten in our lawn, my mother gave me all of those expressions with a small addition of threat, 'Don't you dare come back home today' and I spent my entire night at the nearest 24-hour convenience store, until Chaewon's mom found me and bring me back to their house.

 

I know better than to trust strangers, but it's winter unfortunately and I was freezing near to death. It became our first introduction and it is fresh in my mind still.

 

Well I am very afraid the poor kitten was no longer alive at that time, because the next day I sneaked out to find it, there's no trace at all as if it never existed in the first place. The next two weeks, I overheard my parents conversation as I put 'flames' 'burn' 'nasty cat' 'gone' altogether, I came to my own conclusion.

 

The world is too cruel for you, sweetheart, I am more than glad that you are now in a much better place.

 

Well back to these again, I feel so small of her burning stares, shrinking in my seat yet it doesn't make any sense considering I am so much taller than her! And did I just left my mouth opened wide for a long time be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter