two

We Need Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One of the remarkable scenes for today would be how Chaewon was having the time of her life early in the morning while on the ride to school.

 

It was 7 AM and she was running late, hence, she decided to ride her bicycle to school. It's been a while since she last cycled.

Her everyday journey to school had been filled with Minjoo. They wait for each other to get ready and then they will walk together to school.It used to be awkward before, but now it's already a norm.

 

Chaewon knows with the company of Minjoo, her day will be much better than usual. All the chit chat and small talk with Minjoo in the morning are so dear to her that she wouldn't want to trade it with something else.

 

So, she sacrifices her everyday morning sleep to wake up earlier than she used to before.

 

Unfortunately, today was a bit rough for her as she only got to sleep for 3 hours. The homework given by her homeroom teacher were bundled on her desk and needed to be submitted today. Hence, she couldn't hear her numerous alarms and also Minjoo's effort to wake her up. Minjoo's sweet angelic voice was just like a lullaby to her, lull herself to fall more into a deep slumber.

 

Well, blame on Mr Yoo, he already know I'm worth more than having to search the x just to complete the life of the y.

 

My love life aren't even complete yet, why bother searching for others, huh.

 

But it's fine.

 

Totally fine.

 

Having the thought of getting late to school was bothering her, but it's not like she never got her name in the list before. Minjoo already went to school 15 minutes earlier than her.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chaewon rushed to the bathroom while calculating in mind the time left for her to get ready.

 

Minjoo pouted her lips, her sad puppy eyes made her comeback.

 

"Do I really have to go alone?"

 

Her legs were bouncing up and down in her seat while her eyes followed Chaewon's back view. In the meantime, Minjoo picked up her breakfast and shoved a bread with strawberry jam into , slowly munching it.

 

Chaewon stopped dead in her tracks. She can never resists Minjoo, not in this way for sure. She's too soft for her. Only for Minjoo though.

 

"I'd rather not going than not having anyone to accompany me."

 

Slowly turning around to catch a glimpse of Minjoo - with a towel in hand - she almost dropped it on the floor. Luckily, she managed to catch it in time instead. To say that Chaewon was starstruck by the picturesque view in front of her was an understatement.

 

She was totally whipped for Minjoo.

 

Of course, she doesn't want Minjoo to witness that though.

 

As of then she doesn't know if her eyes were playing tricks on her, but Minjoo was perfect from head to toe. Well, nothing new.

 

Minjoo had her long, light brown hair, slightly curled at the tip, cascaded down her back. As she trailed her eyes onto it, Minjoo unconsciously flipped her hair - which distracted her to eat peacefully - making her overwhelmed on the spot. Well, her favourite view of all time.

 

Chaewon squealed a little in an excitement. She hide her flushed face in between her fingers. The urge to smile cannot be stopped.

 

Usually, Minjoo always kept her hair up in a ponytail. She loves that version too especially with her cute elf ears distinctly shown, but maybe this version was too much for her cold heart to take. To think that it was very ironic - she just had to let loose her hair today of all days when Chaewon was running late and they obviously couldn't walk together to school.

 

Clearly, luck just not on her side. She frowned.

 

"Hello, earth to Chaewon? Are you okay? You surely don't want to spend your remaining time staring at me instead of showering." Minjoo chuckled and her train of thought got interrupted. Chaewon shook her head furiously and was presented with Minjoo's beaming smile, much brighter than the sun. She could feel the blood rushing to her face.

 

Oh my god, this is so embarrassing.

 

Chaewon paused a while to stable her breath she doesn't knew she was holding.

 

"You running late already. I don't want to hold you any longer, Mrs Good Grades."

 

"This is no fun. You know, I feel extremely, intensely, and ultimately don't wanna go to school today. And now I need to go alone? Ugh, my life officially !"

 

"Wow, definitely something new. I didn't expect it coming from your own mouth,"

 

Chaewon faked a gasp, both as she didn't believed what she was saying and the great pleasure of making fun of Kim Minjoo.

 

"..that's so not you."

 

Minjoo chuckled in agreement. She put her half bitten bread on the plate. Two palms cupped her face.

 

"I don't even know, but I had a bad feeling though. And mind you, my hunch is always right."

 

"Well, sis. I can be a fortune teller at times, and now I guess you really need my service, huh?"

 

Chaewon raised her eyebrows and brushed off her shoulder. With a smug face, she clicked her tongue.

 

"Nothing gonna happen. Believe me. I'm 100% sure more than ever,"

 

Chaewon stuck her pinky finger upwards, wriggled and swayed it left to right.

 

"if not, you are welcome to cut my pinky finger."

 

Minjoo rolled her eyes at her lameness. Of course Chaewon would do that.

 

"Then it's a deal."

 

"H-hey, uh, what no! I'm joking!"

 

"Uh-uh you can't take it back, Ms Kim."

 

"You had slipped on a banana peel yesterday on your way to your class and let me remind you, it was your own breakfast,"

 

Minjoo took a sip of water.

 

" and you see, I am not surprised at all if your luck is that bad."

 

She snorted - almost choked on her water - and dropped her jaw in disbelief.

 

"I will not take no for an answer. Okay, next."

 

Chaewon puffed her cheeks as an act of annoyance. She threw her hands in the air dismissively surrendered to her fate. Minjoo giggled at her dramatic best friend with crescent moon eyes evident in her face. Her indian dimples showed up, breathlessly softened Chaewon's heart again.

 

"But still, I wanna go together with you." Her soft plead came as a whisper to Chaewon's ears. They locked their stares on each other for awhile. Chaewon scratched her nape in an awkward manner as she tried hard to hide her blushed cheeks.

 

What the hell is wrong with me?

 

In that sense, being half-asleep might have gotten the best of her.

 

She walked closer towards Minjoo and took a seat in front of her. The half-eaten bread with strawberry jam on the plate was intriguing her hunger, but she paid not much attention to it.

 

As she tried to shake off the thoughts, she accidentally raised her voice a little, "W-why don't you go with your girlfriend?"

 

silence.

 

"……...If I am not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter