four

We Need Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo's POV

 

My chemistry book was shoved aside. I rest my heavy head on the headboard with my hand massaging my temple to ease the burning flames. It's starting to spiral in endless loop than it was two hours ago.

 

Maybe I'll grab painkillers later.

 

My eyes flutter open and shut concurrently as I try to get a clearer vision of what is in front of me. There it is, my take out dinner. I was so immersed in studying that I literally forgot about my favorite noodles on my study desk. I can imagine it being cold and soggy much to my disappointment. So much for craving it in the first place.

 

2 in 1.

Groggy headache and I'm freaking hungry.

 

On a side note, I just broke up with my girlfriend today. Just another casual fling, but from all the girls I've dated before, this got to be the longest one I had hooked up with. Although she was a bit older than me, she was absolutely pretty, bright, flirtatious and all one can ask for, on top of that a jinjja nice body dancer, basically the talk of the town.

 

Sad to say that I had let her down by bringing up a certain chestnut brown haired girl every single time we indulged into our conversations. Guess she was sick of it, well it's inevitable anyway. The chestnut eyes girl kept running in my mind lately and she undeniably worth all of it.

 

At the very least it's the longest relationship I had after all.

 

Let's give a very big round of applause to myself!

 

A squeaky ringtone I specifically set up for them as a reminder for today's event blares into my eardrums bringing my sole attention to it.

 

I sigh in desperation.

 

Here we go again.

 

The world is crumbling again and tonight is no escaping for sure.

 

Because today is the day. The day I dreaded the most.

 

The family dinner.

 

I let out a loud scream in frustration, muffled by the pillow, not wanting to bother Chaewon if she apparently get to hear it on the other side of the walls. If anything, I do not want to interrupt her in any way possible.

 

Somehow it doesn't make it any better, nothing can cease these awful feelings from growing deeper.

 

I seriously can't put it into words how torturous the event was every damn time.

 

I don't even want to imagine it, hell it seemed almost impossible for someone like me to endure such torment for so long.

 

Those 2-3 hours with them feels like hell, disastrous even I can barely comprehend myself being okay with their company.

 

No. I never am really.

 

Yes, they are my parents. My supposed to be only family.

 

But it's never us or we.

It's always me and them.

 

So, can I still count them as my family?

 

Because the real meaning of family in my dictionary consists of people who supports and loves you in whatever you do, and they are reliable people who we can confide in for advice and life lessons.

 

Yeah right, whatever it is I still use the same last name as them and their blood running wise in me.

 

Then call me evil or whatsoever you want but those are solely the only reason why I still deem them as my family.

 

At times I pondered, if they actually do genuinely care about me, even in the slightest way possible one can only imagine.

 

But no, they only cared about my grades and how I should obey every single rules and laws they used upon me in order to be a useful person by exceeding their expectations.

 

Well, one can only dream on.

 

I can hardly breathe right now with just getting a sudden flashback of all of these.

 

It's hard to seek for air like we normally do when you are put in a tough position, you know? And it will only leave you suffocating and scarring for the rest of your life.

 

Am I too deep into this again?

 

My phone is ringing on the study desk. I scrambles from my bed and trails to the desk with light steps, my head still aching as hell. I tap on the green icon and put it onto my right ear, knowing damn well who is calling.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Come here early. We are expecting some guests."

 

"Okay."

 

"Wear something nice and proper. You need to put on a good first impression on these people."

 

"......Alright."

 

She shut the phone abruptly. Just like she always does. I put the phone away and hovered near the edge of the left side of the bed, next to the nightstand.

 

Not even a single bye for me, huh?

 

A set of chuckles escaped my mouth, this whole situation is ridiculously funny. As it goes by, a pang of pain surges through my head in it's hellish throbbing. I squirms in my seat. Well then I do what I need to do, I twist, grabbing a fistful of my hair, and yanked on it hard enough to equalize the pain.

 

Hoping that it will distract myself from the actual affliction in the meantime.

 

I go through my drawer and search for a small white bottle. I consume two painkillers, letting its bitter taste seizing my senses into every nook and cranny of my mouth, intending to lessen the resentful feeling I'm currently having right now. After a while, I chug down the bottled water faithfully located on the nightstand, swallowing everything into my stomach.

 

Let's get ready for whatever the hell is going to come.

 

________________________________________________

 

After a full 10 minutes of getting dressed as I settled for a white plaid shirt matched with black long jeans, I plaster a sticky note on the fridge. A note for Chaewon in case she thinks I'm missing from the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter