The Idiot

The Gamer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo's POV

After texting Jennie back and forth for about 30 minutes, the conversation finally came to a halt as we both needed to take a shower. She was way friendlier than I had expected and she was also kinda funny. I would have never thought of myself exchanging messages with someone of her caliber.

Smart, pretty, funny and more. She would have definitely been my ideal type if she actually played video games. It's a pity that she doesn't. Otherwise I might actually go full on throttle in chasing her. But I can't see myself with someone who doesn't share the same hobby as me because this just goes to show that we have different interests.

Despite my thoughts on how she would never be someone I would fall for, I kept thinking about her throughout the 20 minutes of showering. I just kept thinking about how she would be the perfect girl for someone like me if only she played games. But I always end up getting disappointed as I know the answer myself.

I got out of the shower with a heavy heart and my computer. My gaming desktop had been with me since 4 years ago and it is still my best buddy till date. Even Lisa can't compare with my baby, Chuchuuu. If you are wondering why I named my CPU Chuchuuu, well... Let's just say that I'll leave it to your imagination.

Even though my computer was 4 years of age, it still runs really well. Like the time it takes for me to start up my computer isn't that long. All I need to do was to start up my computer and head to the shower. Usually when I'm done showering, it'll have been started up. Though there are times where it takes slightly longer for it to load, but that's no issue because I can head to the kitchen to grab some snacks while waiting.

The trusty old computer never fails me and it probably won't. Since I had my computer after showering, all I had to do now was to wait for it to start up. I a Disney animation film to watch while killing time.

"Let it go! Let it go! Can't hold it back anymoreeeee!"

25 minutes into the movie, I heard the sound of my computer telling me that it has successfully start up. With my super fast fingers, I keyed in my password that no one would ever guess: Chu'sPassword

I double clicked to launch the game and continue my movie.

 

 

5 minutes later, I loaded in and I spawned into the nearest town. The moment I pressed 'W' to take a step forward, my game hanged for a second and I knew what the issue was. I opened the game menu and clicked into settings, then to game resolution.

I changed the game resolution from Middle to the Lowest and turn off all the shadows in the game. The buildings that were in the town suddenly looked like houses you see in Minecraft. The grasses that were supposed to look like grass were now looking like green sticks growing out from the ground. This resolution was absolute trash but hey, it's the highest resolution my computer can handle. Don't blame it on my weakass computer because I blame it entirely on the game developers for making the game too fancy. Minecraft graphics was all I needed...

Out of curiosity, I opened my friend list and saw that all my friends were offline. Mandus4Life was last online 4 hours ago and that was when she told me she was going to grab dinner. That must be a really long dinner and I bet she was stuffing herself with food. She must look like a pig or a wildboar for eating so much.

I tried to scroll down my friend list to see who else was online but no one else was. That was when I remembered that Mandus4Life was my only friend.

The annoying idiot is offline which means happiness! Hooray! Time for me to do my own stuff

Using this opportunity, I went on to do my own missions and cleared some dungeons on my own. My experience bar was halfway till Level 65 and I calculated in my head and concluded that I would still be able to finish my goal of reaching Level 65 today. That idiot sure wasted much of my time but at least I still got EXP from clearing those dungeons with her.

I entered the market area and browsed through some items that players were selling. It ranged from armors, to weapons, to potions, to scrolls and to coupons. The market was the place where players could trade with one another and it was the spot where I visit everyday to check for good deals.

Luckily, one player was selling something that I was looking for at a reasonable price. 4x EXP coupon at 600,000 gold. I currently had roughly 800,000 gold and buying that coupon would make me somewhat broke but it was worth it. I needed to level up as quickly as possible and buying EXP coupons were the best way to do so.

The 4x EXP coupon would last for 24 hours and would still remain in effect even if my character dies. I activated the coupon and went into the monster fields to solve my missions, clear dungeons and I saw how quickly my EXP shot up.

It felt like I was hacking but I certainly wasn't as I managed to get the other 50% EXP I needed to hit Level 65 in 15 minutes. If I keep going at this rate, I might just be able to reach Level 69 by tonight. Pulling an all nighter would allow me to reach Level 75 but I had school tomorrow. School was tomorrow yet I was extremely tempted to stay up all night just so I could reach Level 75 and kill that goddamn priest.

I'm going to kill that priest no matter what it takes.

 

 

Weighing the options I had, I decided that I wouldn't pull an all nighter but I'll play until I hit Level 70. I could only pray for that priest to not level up quickly and hope that she is still at Level 70.

2 hours later, it was almost 2am in the morning and I had finally achieved my goal. No, I had far exceeded the goal I was aiming for. I was a Level 70 sharpshooter archer and I could finally be contended and go off for tonight. Mandus4Life hadn't logged on since 7pm this evening and I was starting to think that she might be too busy to play.

5 hours later, I woke up to my alarming ringing loudly into my ears beside me. Having 5 hours of sleep for a gamer was more than enough but I'm not like the ordinary gamer. I prefer having at least 8 hours of sleep because I don't want my eyebags getting worse and I needed my brain to function properly to deal with a friend like Lisa.

As if I had any other choices, I still had to get up and ready myself for school.

I got to school on time for my 8am lesson and I entered the classroom. Lisa and I usually sat at the left side of the class bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter