The Bullied

The Gamer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV

I logged off as soon as I sent a message to that annoying piece of crap that kept killing me repeatedly. I went offline because I didn't want to entertain that child that was probably 10 years old and also because it was starting to get late. There was school the next day and I had been spending too much time on a video game.

I was never a video gamer until I found out about this game. At first, I was calling everyone who played video games 'stupid' because they were wasting their time at home rotting away while playing some useless game. Those games wouldn't even help with life and it felt like they were playing games to run away from reality. At least to me.

Furthermore, I was known for being the prettiest girl in school and I was a popular kid. Popular, pretty kids tend to have this stereotype where they would always spend their days hanging out with friends. I didn't know any popular kid that would rather stay home and play. I guess I also felt the need to keep up with my reputation and stereotype.

But things changed. My opinion about games turned a whole 180 degrees as I got addicted to gaming. It was all because of a stupid advertisement that was on Youtube.

 

 

Flashback

I was watching videos on how to cook better when a particular advertisement about this MMORPG came on before the video started. I was able to skip it after 5 seconds but one of the text came up which intrigued me further.

'This game appeals to non-gamers who stubbornly thinks that gaming is stupid.'

I guess I got a little offended at that statement as I decided to finish the minute long advertisement. I saw how the graphics were insanely gorgeous and the characters were really pretty. They also had many beautiful outfits that they could be dressed in. I think the many different choices of outfits was what lured me into trying the game out.

When the advertisement ended, I quickly my macbook to google for the game to download it. To my greatest shock, I was unable to install it into my macbook. Apparently, the macbook was too 'weak' to handle such a graphic intensive game and I needed a windows computer to do so.

What kind of stupid game doesn't allow such a great and useful macbook to run on? This is why games are stupid...

I puffed out a air and I got dressed to head out of my house. I went to a nearby electronics store and browsed through a selection of computers available. As I wasn't a gamer and a tech savvy person, I had no idea what computer I should get to be able to play the game on. I approached a nearby salesman and he introduced me to many computers.

He went on and on about how great the specifications were on this particular computer and my brain couldn't absorb and process what he was saying. He kept saying how this graphic card was the best in the market right now and how this computer has many fans in it to prevent overheating.

I kept nodding my head and pretended that I understood all the gibberish that he was spouting. "I'll get it." I finally decided to cut in and he seemed surprised. "Ar-Are you sure ma'am? This computer CPU, excluding the monitor, keyboard, mouse and other items will cost you about $3,000. If you would get all the other parts like the monitor in as a set, it'll be around $4,000."

"Yes, I'll get it. Would it come with installation and delivery services to my house?" I asked him and he nodded. "Ok, then I'll pay now." The saleman led me to the counter and I took out my platinum credit card to pay for the transaction. "When would you like for the installation to be on?"

"Today. Or right now if possible."

 

 

I guess the delivery personnel was free as I managed to schedule for the delivery to be an hour from now. I quickly went home and cleared a space on my desk for the computer to be placed at. When I was done, the doorbell to my house rang and I ushered the guy in. Within 10 minutes, the computer was done installing and I gave him a tip for his prompt services.

I the computer and proceeded to download the stupid MMORPG game. The file was rather huge as it requires about 20GB of free space and I had to wait for roughly 30 minutes for the installation to be completed.

Soon enough, I went into the character creation page and spent an hour to make the perfect character. I then spent another 10 minutes to think of a name. I couldn't put a name that would make me easily recognizable. "Kuma, what should I put?" I asked my dog that was sleeping beside my feet but he simply ignored me and continued sleeping.

Suddenly, an idea flashed into my mind. Mandus4Life

To my surprise, the name wasn't taken. I mean... Which genius would even think of such a perfectly cute name to put? I was the only genius out there as no one else had thought about this name before. I smiled smugly at myself and started with the tutorials.

The game was about 6 months old when I started playing it and I finally reached Level 30 after 6 months. Level 30 was also the level where PVP would be available to players and I didn't think much about it. Afterall, I was such a low levelled character and I wouldn't even think about doing PVP.

But those 6 months where I spent most of my time playing games also meant that I started hanging out with my friends lesser. Chaeyoung kept asking me to hang out together but I always rejected as I was starting to get addicted to a game. I was starting to become one of those losers that I always called gamers as.

I can't let anyone know that I'm a loser. They mustn't know that I'm a gamer. I had to make up with so many excuses and lies to my friends as I always rejected hanging out with them.

 

 

On the day Chaeyoung asked me to go out together, I continued to stay at home to play my game. I went to a new region and started farming. I was trying to kill the very first monster I saw. But instead, I was killed.

What? Did I die from the monster? I didn't see my HP dropping when it was attacking me though?

I kept thinking for about 5 minutes until I headed back out. I managed to kill one monster until I got killed again. This time round, I thought that it was a bug in the game as there was no good reason for me to die.

Could it be PVP? But I wouldn't die this fast if people around my level were killing me... I don't think a high levelled character would come around and bully the weak right?

Trying to believe in my thinking, I went out once more. Only to end up dead when I was busy hitting those monsters. I got so surprised an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter