The Bully

The Gamer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo's POV

The game was a MMORPG and the highest level one could reach was Level 100. I had been playing the game since it's release 1 year ago and I'm still addicted to it. My daily routine was to wake up, head to school, come back home to play, have dinner, play until midnight, sleep and repeat.

There were many people who had already reached the highest level, and I was not one of the many. Unfortunately for me, no matter how much I love and enjoy the game, I can't seem to be good at it. I was only barely Level 50 with poor, trashy equipment.

All of my friends aren't the type that enjoy gaming which meant that I always play solo. I didn't have any friends that I could party up and dungeon with, and this also meant that I would have a harder time levelling up.

Dungeons were one of the most efficient and effective way to get good loots and gold to obtain better equipment. But they usually require a party of at least 2 to participate. Sadly, I couldn't make any in-game friends as most of the players I come across usually have a partner to play with.

I needed better equipment to kill the higher level monsters more easily but I couldn't dungeon. I needed another way to get better equipments that isn't through dungeoning or from buying it in the market. I just wanted an easier way for solo players to get equipment.

It might be due to a huge number of solo players like me that faced the same difficulties, because the game developer implemented a Player vs Player system in the game 1 month ago. An idea popped into my head the moment I saw that PVP would be allowed in certain parts of the map. Yes, the idea was that I would participate in PVP and purchase equipment through killing other players.

 

 

When participating in PVP, the loser of the fight would die and resurrect in the nearby town. Half of the gold that they are carrying would be given to the winner, but the only downside was that the victor would have their name in red after killing a player.

Unfortunately, one of the loop holes in this PVP system is that higher levelled players can go to regions where many lower levelled players are at. As a gentlewoman, I plan to take full advantage of this loop hole and keep farming golds off those weaklings.

The month went by where I would log in everyday to kill at least 5 people before doing my missions. I instantly became an overnight millionaire as many of those lower levelled players tend to not store their gold in the bank. Many of them would walk around with 50,000 golds on them and I would easily get half of that amount by spending less than a minute.

I used the golds that I had gotten to buy all the expensive equipment that were being sold way overpriced by those higher levelled players, and I quickly had the equipment to continue with my missions. I took almost 11 months to reach Level 50, yet I took 1 month to hit Level 60. I would say that this is a drastic improvement as it gets harder to level up.

Many of those that were killed by me started spreading the news of this notorious player that fed off of the weak. When players see me on the map, they either log out immediately or they recall back to the nearby town which was a safe area.

I soon became known as 'The Bully.' My in-game user name was FriendlyChu<3 which was a contradiction from what my actions were speaking, but I couldn't care less. I was actually friendly for the past 11 months and I didn't kill any players... I guess I was only friendly because PVP was just implemented last month...

 

 

Nonetheless, I continued with my actions as I hid my character behind a tree to wait for my next prey. I was an archer class in the game which was also advantageous for me as I could snipe the player from afar without them noticing me and running away.

I was getting bored of the lack of players today and I was ready to head to the next region when I saw a little lamb enter the map. The poor player was only Level 30 and she was a mage class. A major disadvantage for mages was their weak armor, which meant that they could be easily killed. Plus, mages tend to have lower health than most classes.

I climbed onto the tree and sat at a spot where I could easily snipe her from a far. Poor girl... Or should I say poor dude? Because many male players like to play female characters and vice versa.

Anyways, I loaded a flaming arrow onto the bow and pulled the bow string back. After making sure that she would stay put in her position, I released the arrow and it flew straight into her head. An instant headshot kill. I smirked at my skills

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter