Chapter Three

Make It Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung smiled and leaned into Jungkook as they sat down at their table with both sets of their parents. Taehyung has never been so happy in his life. Jungkook seemed just as happy as he wrapped his arms around Taehyung’s waist. Taehyung almost closed his eyes, feeling comfortable in Jungkook’s arms. However, a phone call caused him to open his eyes and sit up. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, ready to ignore the call. But he couldn’t ignore the name that showed up on the screen.

“It’s the orphanage,” Taehyung told Jungkook, causing Jungkook to perk up. Jungkook nodded his head, telling Taehyung to press answer on the phone and press the speaker button. He bit his lip, trying to remember his English training. “Hello?”

“Hi, is this Kim Taehyung?” a woman asked in simple English. 

“This is him,” Taehyung responded in his own broken English. “My husband Jeon Jungkook is here too.”

“Perfect,” the woman responded. “I have some news about the boy, Kai Huening, that you might be interested to know. Most parents back down when I tell them this, but this is extremely important to know.”

“What is it?” Taehyung asked, biting his lip nervously.

“Kai… Didn’t come to this orphanage alone,” the woman told them, causing Jungkook and Taehyung to exchange looks. “Kai… was put into an orphanage when he was born in Korea. And he, and another boy named Beomgyu Choi, were put into the same foster home. These boys then proceeded to go into another foster home together, the same foster family who dropped them off here. The two of them are practically brothers and inseparable. Of course if you guys still plan to adopt Kai, you can. But I want to warn you that it’s going to be extremely hard to separate the two of them. Beomgyu has really bad separation anxiety. He’s really shy and he only ever wants to play with Kai. Why Kai is extremely social and friendly, Beomgyu is the exact opposite.”

“Reminds me of you and your brother, Jungkook,” Namjoon spoke up, smiling at his son in law. 

“Yeah,” Jungkook agreed, but hesitantly. He glanced at Taehyung, who was pondering what the woman told him. 

“I… I can’t separate a pair of brothers,” Taehyung whispered. He bit his lip and looked into Jungkook’s eyes. “Would you be okay with two kids?”

“Of course I would,” Jungkook said with a soft smile. “But will you be?”

“Yes,” Taehyung said, almost immediately. “We will adopt both of them.”

“Really?” the woman asked. “Alright, I’ll prepare the paperwork. You guys are coming in on Tuesday?”

“Yes,” Jungkook told the woman. “Thank you for telling us this information. But.. How old is Beomgyu?”

“He’s five years old,” the lady responded, causing Jungkook to nod his head. 

“Alright, and we already know Kai likes dinosaurs, since you’ve told us that before,” Jungkook said. “Anything special about Beomgyu we should know? Like what he likes?”

“He loves the Avengers,” the woman said. “Especially Captain America and Spiderman.”

“Alright, thank you,” Jungkook said with a soft smile. “We’ll see you on Tuesday. We’re currently at our wedding reception.”

“Have a good night,” the woman told them. “Congrats boys.”

When the call ended, Taehyung sighed happily. He couldn’t even be disappointed that their plans have changed. They now were going to have two boys they could call their own. The two of them were going to love the boys more than anything. That news only made this night ten times better and the night hasn’t even started.

“Well good thing we didn’t order Kai’s bed yet,” Seokjin said with a soft grin. “Or do you want them in separate rooms?”

“I think,” Jungkook said, glancing at Taehyung, “they’re so small they should share a room for now. When Beomgyu turns 8 we’ll move him into his own room.”

“That’s a good idea,” Taehyung agreed. “Does our interior designer agree?”

“What?” Hoseok asked, looking up from his food he was currently devouring. “Oh right. Yeah we can design the kids’ room for them.”

Hoseok was an interior designer so he took it upon himself to design the inside of their house. Seokjin doing paintings on the walls and doors wherever it seems fit as he’s an artist. Taehyung and Jungkook gave them a huge deposit of money for furniture and they left it in their parents’ hands. The four, as well as Woohyun and Sunggyu, have been working hard on designing and decorating the house. Taehyung and Jungkook hasn’t even stepped foot inside it as they want it to be a surprise. While they’re in America for their 10-day honeymoon/adoption trip, their parents are going to work on moving everything. They said the whole entire home will be done by the time the family gets back to Seoul.

“Are you sure you have enough time to add another kid to the design concept,” Taehyung asked.

“You forget who you’re talking to Tae,” Hoseok said with a small smirk. I’m a pro. And you gave enough in your budget that I can definitely make something work.” 

“Okay,” Taehyung agreed, glancing at Jungkook again. “Should we enjoy our wedding reception now?”

“Well, before we continue anything,” Jungkook said with a deep sigh, “I got to tell you something. There’s no keeping secrets between us, right?”

“Yeah?” Taehyung said in confusion. “What is it about?”

“Jimin,” Jungkook said with a deep sigh. “He called before the ceremony. The thing is, he didn’t know about us getting married and says that he never got any calls or messages or mail from us. I don’t know if I believe him or not, but I didn’t want to tell you b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter