Chapter One

Make It Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taehyung sighed as he packed up one last box, placing a photo album on the top that had photos of him and his childhood best friend, Park Jimin. He had spent the last hour going through the photos with a soft smile on his face. He missed the carefree years where he and his friend ran around with no worries. But now he rarely got to see that friend of his, because life decided to take its own turn. Park Jimin was now this big time celebrity and never had time to talk or even visit. Taehyung, despite being a famous YouTuber, was unable to reach Jimin’s level. He was merely a commoner that had no business contacting Park Jimin, who could be royalty with how the country treated him. At least that’s how Taehyung felt.

Taehyung sighed, trying to not let himself think that way. Tomorrow was the most important day of his life. He and his boyfriend of 6 years were getting married, finally. He was about to become the happiest man in the world. To top it off, the couple were going to spend their honeymoon in Hawaii, where they were going to adopt a child. Taehyung and his fiance, Jungkook, had talked in length the last couple years about starting a family. They figured this would be the perfect time to do so. It would be their 6th year anniversary on the day of their wedding. Nothing could be more magical for the pair.

“Hey buddy,” a voice said, causing Taehyung to look up with a small smile as his father walked into the room. “Are you ready for your big day?”

“As ready as I can be,” Taehyung told him. He glanced down at the photo album. “Has anyone heard from Jimin? Is he going to come?”

“Last I heard, no one’s been able to contact him,” his father told him with a sad sigh. “I think he’s currently in America or something on tour with his band.”

“If he’s on tour, he wouldn’t have received our invitation,” Taehyung said, nodding his head. “He… Could have at least answered my messages or called me back or something. If not for me, then at least for his brother.”

“You know what, don’t think about that right now,” his father said, patting Taehyung on the back. “You’re getting married to the man of your dreams tomorrow. You’re both going to adopt a baby. And to top it off, you have a beautiful home that you guys will be moving into. You guys have two amazing sets of fathers who will be moving your stuff while you’re away. Your life is just beginning, Tae. Don’t let anything let you down, okay? Your focus should be being in the arms of that handsome groom of yours tomorrow.”

“Taehyung! Namjoon! Come down already!” Taehyung’s other father, Kim Seokjin, called up the stairs, causing the father and son to smile at each other and stand up.

“Feeling better?” Namjoon asked his son, causing Taehyung to nod his head. “Good. God, I’m so proud of you, baby. You’ve come so far in the 17 years I’ve had the pleasure of calling you my son. I never imagined my little eight year old boy I found hugging a bunny rabbit with his thumb in his mouth would become the strong, independent man you are now. You’re a famous YouTuber with tens of thousands of subscribers. You’re getting married. You’re going to adopt a child. My baby has grown up so much.”

“You raised me well,” Taehyung said with a soft smile. “You and Seokjin. I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for the two of you.”

“You’re the one that changed our lives, Tae,” Seokjin said, popping his head into the room. His purple hair was shimmering under the dim hallway lighting. Seokjin was going through this phase where he wanted people to know that he was “hip” and young like his 24 going on 25 year old son. So dying his hair was part of that phase.

“Just… Thank you,” Taehyung told them both. “Thank you for bringing me into your home and raising me. And just being there for me. I don’t know where I would be without you guys.”

“Always, baby boy,” Seokjin said, grinning at him and placing his hand on Taehyung’s back. He then led him down to the kitchen table. “So tell us about this baby boy you and Jungkook decided on. That’s why you chose Hawaii as your honeymoon, right? Cause he’s there?”

“Yeah,” Taehyung said with a small smile. “We joined a program where we write to children in orphanages. And he’s responded to us a couple times. Of course all we got back were drawings. Both drawings were of him and another little boy. But we fell in love with him and decided we wanted to adopt him. His name is Kai and he’s 4 years old. He’s, according to the orphanage, part Korean part German. He was born in Korea but a few months ago he was dropped off in this or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter