Chapter I

EXpeditiOn #1 - Kappa Kontingency

Chapter I

 

‘I think we should go on a trip to Kyoto. ’ said Chanyeol. ‘I’ve been looking, and I found a real cosy resort with a view of the lake.

‘Kyoto has lakes?’ asked Junmyeon.

‘It’s really close. And! It’s going to be super relaxing. There’s birds, and fish, and trees, and nature everywhere!’ answered Chanyeol.

‘Sounds nice, when are we leaving?’ asked Baekhyun.

‘In three days.’

‘What? I can’t come.’ pouted Baekhyun. ‘How can you do this on such short notice?’

‘I found really cheap tickets so that’s the best time to leave.’ explained Chanyeol.

‘I didn’t know you were tight on money, buddy.’ noted  Baekhyun.

‘Who’s tight on money?’ asked Sehun.

‘Chanyeol. He found some run-down cottage in Japan next to some lake, and wants to take us there.’ said Baekhyun

‘Oh, a shame I can’t come. It does sound like something Kyungsoo would enjoy. Have you asked him?’

‘How do you know you’re not coming when you don’t know when it is?’ asked Chanyeol.

‘I’m a busy man, what can I say.’ replied Sehun. ‘If you have such trouble with money I can lend you some.’

‘I’m not having trouble with money, thank you very much.’

‘Right, what custom superhero suit did you order this time?’ asked Sehun.

‘For what it’s worth, I can’t make it either. I’m going on a mission with Sehun.’ said Junmyeon.

‘You can just say you’re leaving to take photos for your Instagram account, you know I won’t judge you.’ remarked Baekhyun.

‘You’re going to do exactly that and we both know it.’  added Sehun.

‘So who’s coming?’ said Chanyeol, pouting. ‘I really want us to be together and spend quality time.’

‘You know the best sub-unit is having a concert then, right?’ said Baekhyun.

‘You have one festival appearance in two days, you can come after.’ replied  Chanyeol.

‘Just ask Kyungsoo and Jongin.’ said Junmyeon.

 

Chanyeol ran out the kitchen and into the living room. He found Jongin sleeping on the couch, and decided to wake him up with his very important question.

‘Jongin.' whispered Chanyeol. ‘I need to know if you’re free in three days.’

‘I’m seeing my sister’s kids.’ groaned Jongin.

‘Are you sure? Can’t you see them some other time?’

‘Chanyeol…’

‘Come on. I already booked the place.’

‘You never told us that.’ said  Baekhyun from the other room.

‘Just come, you’re my only friend, Jongin.’ said Chanyeol.

‘I heard that!’ yelled Baekhyun.

‘I thought I was your friend, what the hell?’ said Sehun. ‘I can’t believe you’re bullying me like this.’

‘I thought you were my friend. We go on trips together, I take you to eat…’ said  Junmyeon, pouting at Sehun's reply.

‘I can have more than one friend, you know that.’ replied Sehun.

 

Chanyeol turned his head to Jongin and pouted.

‘Please come.’

‘I really want to spend some time with my family.’ said Jongin.

‘Fine, but I’m going to miss you.’

‘I’ll miss you too, but the kids are growing really fast. Just ask Kyungsoo, I’m pretty sure he’s free.’ added Jongin.