FOUR

Unexpectedly In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝Even you, are you the same as me?❞

↢ ↣ ↢ ↣ ↢ ↣

1 year later

The city's skyline started to darkened in the background as bright neon lights filled every inch of the never-sleeping city of New York. Ayla inhaled deeply before peeling her eyes of the Macbook in front of her - glancing towards the darkening sky outside of her office glass windows. It had been a solid year since she decided to take the offer of an internationally acclaimed event planner named Tiffany Hwang to be her understudy in event planning.

She moved to Los Angeles to start her understudy programme in hope to start a new life without having to think about Eun Woo and the others. Although, it was tough for her at first. She slowly adapted to her new life and finding healing her broken heart in the foreign land. 

"Miss Ayla," her secretary gently knocked against the glass table allowing Ayla to set her wandering mind back to the blonde lady sitting in front of her. 

Ayla carefully put down the file that was in her hands, "Yes?" she responded as her secretary shook her head politely.

"Nothing, its just that you look so tired and dazed. Do you want to go home and rest instead? We can finish this discussion tomorrow with Miss Tiffany when she is back." Her secretary, Sarah, suggested as Ayla gave her one of her rarest genuine smile.

Leaving her life back at Seoul has its own effect though. Ayla lost her smiles that had always lit her face. She become an introvert that put distant between her and others. Honestly, nobody dared to snoop around her business even when she was new in the company. The change was the only different thing about her. 

"Thank you Sarah, you may go first." Ayla replied with sincere appreciation while her secretary cleared the files that were scattered around her table before leaving Ayla alone in the big office. 

Ayla sighed once more as she slipped into her CHANEL coat and grabbed her Louis Vutton Speedy bag. She trudged her way out of the office and her mind wandered back to Seoul. Ever since she left home, Ayla had never called once. The only way she kept updated on her family was through social media. She was not ready to let them know where she had been yet. 

Not now, Ayla thought.

"Good evening Miss Ayla," the security guard at the lobby greeted her as soon as she stepped out of the elevator. 

Smiling, Ayla nodded her head, "Have a nice evening, Chad." She spoke gently while leaving the building as the dashing young man flashed a smile back. 

Unlocking her red Range Rover Evoque, Ayla carefully entered her car and sped off. The strikes of yellow and red in the sky falling onto her window made Ayla missed Seoul even more than she already had. There she was in a different country that spoke another language but her mind and soul was still yearning for her homeland. 

It felt wrong. 

"Why do I feel like the whole world would leave me if I continue staring at the sunset?" Ayla mumbled to herself.

She drove mindlessly as her mind kept thinking of that person that she was supposed to forget. Why must he kept invad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter