Chapter 1

The Intern
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Interview

 

I fixed my blazer as I stood there in front of the building that has a huge "Golden Closet Corp." above the entrance door.

I looked at the folder I am holding where my resume is.  It's been a week since I graduated so I decided to take my time to finally have a job, I have travelled hours just to get in here.  Golden Closet Corp. is in Seoul, I found an application online that they are having a mass hiring for fresh graduates and I took the opportunity to be one of the applicants. They are known for supplying metals and high class furnitures to different known hotels in the country as well in Asia.

I spent my one month allowance I earned from working all day and night at a convenience store so I could just prepare for this big day.
 

"You can do this, Hanbyul!" I whispered to myself before walking straight to the entrance.

 

I was greeted by a fine looking man as I enter the building, "Good day, Miss. Are you an applicant?" He must have seen the folder I am holding. I nodded at him. "This way please." He guided me towards the right side of the lobby where other applicants are waiting.

 

Wow, I didn't expect that it would be this full.
 

Some applicants are talking to each other while some are minding their own business. I turned to the man to say thank you "You're welcome, Miss." He went back to where he was standing as I walked to the nearest empty seat beside a guy. He was wearing a neat white long sleeves partnered with his black slacks and loafers. "Is this seat, taken?" I asked politely, "No, you can take it." He gave me a small smile. I muttered 'thanks' as I settled on the seat taking a breathe.

 

"What position are you applying?" He asked. I turned to him, "Uhm, computer and website related, I guess." I was really not sure since I just really want to have a job and they'll pay double of my current salary. And as long as I can do the given task why not.  "Oh, something like in IT department or Design team." He gave me a cheeky grin. "I'm Hoseok, by the way." He extended his hand to me, "Hanbyul, Kang Hanbyul." I shook his hand.

 

"Well goodluck to us, I hope we could pass this interview." I nodded at him and smiled a little. "I hope so too," 

 

After 30 minutes, finally it was my turn. I went inside the room across where I was earlier and was greeted by a woman wearing suits, She looks like she's in mid-40's. "Good day, Miss Kang. " She begin I greeted her back. "I am Mrs. Choi, it's nice to meet you." She asked me to take a sit and I obeyed. Mrs. Choi looks a little bit strict but while being interviewed she seems nice and kinda attentive to my answers. 10 minutes passed and I can't believe I am done.

 

"Thank you, Miss Kang. Please wait for the result of the interview it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter