Chapter 2

The Intern
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2
The accident

“I have been a good wife to you! And all you did was drink with your friends and waste the money I earn!”

“Are you hearing yourself? If you really were a good wife do you think I would do this!”

Growing up was hard for me, I was 12 years old when every night I hear my parents fighting and all I can do was hide in my room and silently cry. It’s been months since they started this mess. I haven’t got enough sleep.

“You don’t care at all! So stop pretending that you are a good wife to me! You don’t even care for me!”
I can still hear them shout. All they could think about was their personal life. What about me?

“Because in the first place I got no choice but to marry you!” and that’s the most hurtful thing I heard from my mom saying to my father.

I already got the clue as I grew. My father got my mother pregnant with me, She had no choice. But my father did love her. I can’t blame them. The shouting stopped I heard the door shut after a silence there were shuttering noise. I wiped the tears in my cheeks as I got up from my bed and walked to the door of my room slowly opening it and peaking outside. I saw my mom kneeling on the floor staring blankly.

“M-Mom..” I called out to her, She didn’t budge. I walked up to her looking down.
“Go in to your room. You have classes tomorrow.” She muttered still not looking at me.
“C-Can you sleep with me?” I asked. I just want her attention to me.
“Just go to your room!” She finally looked at me with so much hate.

I didn’t even think twice before running to my room and shutting the door close and cry to myself. That’s how my life was, the same year they filed a divorced, not even thinking about me their own daughter. After my parents got separated I lived with my Grandmother in my Mother side. I lived with her for 3 years until she passed away. I was grateful for her, she’s the only one who understands me and really cared for me but then she was sick.
And in that span of 3 years, my mother found a new partner- they were already seeing each other when she was still married to my father and as per my father he also got a partner and had his own life. They didn’t bother to take me in. At the age of 15, I had no choice but to live by myself. Both of my parents had their own family leaving me all alone at a young age. I wanted to hate them, really. But my grandma taught me that hatred would do no good to you.

I accepted that my life was meant to be like this. And all I got now is myself. From time to time my parents would check up on me and give me my allowance but it stopped when I was 18. But that’s alright. I accepted all their flaws and lived my own life. Sometimes, I couldn’t just help it but to wish that I was living another’s life. Wishing that I have a family that cares for me.
 


"Thank you Mr. Song.."

I bid my goodbye to Mr. Song as I went out the convenience store I am was working at for almost 6 years. He was like my second Father ever since I came to work for his store. He only have a son who's currently working abroad with his own family that's why He and his wife Mrs. Song runs the store alone.

I walked down the empty street, fishing out my phone inside my pocket. "Hey, I got accepted at my new job." I texted my best friend, Eunsoo.

"Really? We need to celebrate!" I immediately got a reply from her. "Let's meet tomorrow, I have lots of things to share to you." As I sent it, my phone rings showing Eunsoo's name.

"I cannot wait to meet you that's why I called you!!! What's the name of the company you applied?.." There she is, once she started talking there's no stopping. "..I forgot, is it in Seoul?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter