Seven: Kwon's Residence

Way Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Stop there for a while."


Hyewon glanced at Eunbi who is sitting on the passenger seat, the older looked at her while raising her eyebrow, waiting for Hyewon to stepped on the brake. 


"Why?" She asked, still confused at the sudden request from the older girl. 


"You didn't take your coffee, right?" Eunbi asked and Hyewon nodded her head quickly, still confuse why the older is asking her this time. 


"Stay here, I'll buy you coffee." Eunbi said before going out from the car, not letting Hyewon to speak and ask more thing. 


Hyewon on the other hand is just lost staring at the figure of Eunbi getting inside the café that they stopped by. Pursing her lips from the sudden action of her ex-wife towards her. 

 


"She's pretty, right?"

"Yeah..." Hyewon answered while still staring at Eunbi. 

 

 

"An angel, right?" 

"She's more than an angel." Hyewon sighed, slowly smiling while looking at the bright face of Eunbi from afar. She's shining even if she's far from Hyewon's place. 

 


"You still love her...." 

"Of course—wait....Wonyoungie?" Hyewon looked at her daughter who is just giggling at her after she realized who she is talking to,

"when did you wake up?" Hyewon asked and Wonyoung only grinned at her before the kid lay down again on the back seat after she saw her Mommy walking back to them. 


Hyewon looked at her daughter and Wonyoung only winks at her before she closed her eyes again, making Hyewon to shake her head in amusement. 


"Here..." Eunbi said and gave out the cup to the younger, Hyewon mumbles a soft reply before taking the cup of coffee from her. 


"Oh...you remember?" Hyewon's eyes widening after she taste her coffee. 


"Of course, how can I forgot?" Eunbi scoffed but a small grin is drawn on her face after she looked at Wonyoung to check if the kid is still asleep, unknown to her that the little one is just listening to their conversation the whole time. 


"Oh...o-of course, you have sharp memory." Hyewon stutters, still taken aback from Eunbi's proud remark. 


"Point taken, but well, I am always the one who order your coffee and I always make one for you." Eunbi shrugged, smiling softly, another thing that made Hyewon to stiffen at her seat, not believing what she is seeing now. 


"What?" Eunbi asked, creasing her forehead when Hyewon is just staring at her for a long span of seconds. 


"I—....uh, y-you're....smiling." Hyewon said, blinking her eyes rapidly while pointing to Eunbi who looked at her blankly but laughed at her afterwards. 


"I am. Don't you like it?" Eunbi asked.


"I'm just not used to it..." Hyewon muttered while glancing at the older. 


"Well get used to it. I just realized that there's no point of being cold to you, I mean....I am still mad for what happened, but I can't be always mad to you for the sake of Wonyoung. I want her to experience us, being in good terms." Eunbi explained, smiling softly at Hyewon who is still at dazed from what she heard from the older.


Hyewon then smiled widely after a moments of digesting Eunbi's words. This is her chance now, she won't waste it, to get close with Eunbi again and to get her family back. 


"Thank you, Eun." Hyewon muttered and Eunbi just nodded her head before offering a smile to the younger. 


"But, by the way..." Hyewon looked at Eunbi. 


"Why?" Eunbi asked. 


"I love it." Hyewon said, grinning softly at the older who is just confuse at her. 


"Huh?" Eunbi asked.

 

"I love that you are smiling to me, Eun. You know I always love your smile." Hyewon said, smiling sweetly to Eunbi, she grinned inside when Eunbi's cheeks tinted with reddish color as the older looked away to her. 


"And you are beautiful while smiling." Hyewon muttered softly as she started driving, she chuckles quietly after she heard a small giggles from the back, she looked at the rear mirror of the car and she saw Wonyoung grinning at her widely. 


"Good job, mama!" Wonyoung mouthed as she winks at her mother. 

 


"Well, I am the great Kang." Hyewon mouthed back and winks at Wonyoung who cracks a grin at her before closing her eyes once again. 

 

 

 

 

"Minjoo, what should I do?" Hyewon's eyes shaking as she bit her nails due to nervousness while talking to the girl from the other line. 


"Why are you so nervous? As if you didn't meet her parents before." Minjoo said, Hyewon can hear the printing machine's sound, probably the girl is busy inside the office. 


"But wait....it's Saturday and you are at the office?" Hyewon asked when she realized it. 


"Uhh yeah, I told you that I am assigned to train an intern here, and right now, I need her help me to finish some documents. Back to the topic, don't be nervous, it's not the first time you'll met them." Minjoo muttered and Hyewon only nodded her head. 


"Well, it is....after I got divorced with Eunbi, this is the first I will meet her family again." Hyewon muttered and sighed while massaging her temple. 


"Hyewon, don't worry, just charm them like how you did before." Minjoo chuckles making Hyewon groan in frustration. 


"It's different"


"Ahn! I told you 60 copies not 100 copies!" Hyewon flinched at the sudden burst out of Minjoo from the other line, she chuckles when she heard the explanation from the intern, she just shook her head. 

 

"Sorry about that. What are you saying again?" Minjoo asked, this time her voice is calm and compose unlike before that she is about to explode. 


"So, is that the intern under your care?" Hyewon asked, not bothering to answer Minjoo's question. 


"Yeah, I told her to get a copy of 60 documents but— Oh my God! Did you just spill coffee to the papers?!" Hyewon chuckles after hearing the frustration on Minjoo's voice, her secretary is so compose and calm but this version of Minjoo is so different from her usual self. 


"I'll just call you later, Minjoo." Hyewon chuckles and ended the call, she looked up and saw Eunbi walking to her way, a smile is written on her face while looking at Hyewon. 


"Are you done with your phone call with Minjoo?" Eunbi asked as soon as she reached Hyewon's place, the latter nodded her head while putting her phone back inside her pocket. 


"Let's go, they are waiting for you there." Eunbi said and walk first before Hyewon who is statue on her spot. 


Eunbi looked back when she feels that no one is walking behind her, she creased her forehead while looking at the ground while blinking her eyes. The older shook her head before heading back to snap Hyewon back to reality, she is sure that the younger is over thinking again. 


"Come on, you don't need to be nervous. You already know them." Eunbi said softly, by then Hyewon looked at her, she can clearly see the nervous and hesitance in her eyes. 


"They might be angry to me..." Hyewon muttered but Eunbi heard it. 


"I doubt that." Eunbi said but she isn't also sure of her answer.


"No, no parents can forgive someone that hurt their child. And of course, I hurt you Eun, so I doubt that they are not mad at me." Hyewon sighed.


"Give it a shot, they love you and besides they don't know the real reason why we get divorce." Eunbi muttered and Hyewon was taken aback from it, she only offered a small smile to Eunbi but she knew it will not be easy to forgive her.


"Yeah, let's go. Wonyoung is also there." Eunbi said softly and walk, followed by the quiet Hyewon. 

 

 

"Eat a lot, Hyewonnie..." 


Hyewon bit her lips as she scratched her nape subtly while looking at Mrs. Kwon who is busy putting foods on her plates while giving a big motherly smile. 


"Thank you ma'am.."


"Tch, I told you to call me Mom stop with your formality." Mrs. Kwon said, winking at Hyewon who is trying to digest everything, she smiled timidly to the woman before eating her food. 


"Granny, I want that too~" Wonyoung said sweetly to her Grandma, Hyewon chuckles softly as she watched her daughter being like this again to her grandparent, well, they are really soft for Wonyoung. Who wouldn't?


"Aigoo~ of course, all of these foods are made for you, eat a lot so you will grow~" Mr. Kwon said, as he ruffles Wonyoung's hair while the kid is sitting on his lap. 


Hyewon looked at them, her heart melts just by how Eunbi's family treatment towards her didn't change even a bit. They are still the same as they were when Hyewon and Eunbi were still married. Even if she hurt their daughter, they're still acting like nothing happened, and Hyewon is really grateful for them, Eunbi's family is really one to treasure. 


Hyewon then looked at Eunbi who is beside across her, by then, her heart skipped a beat when she saw Eunbi wearing a big smile while watching Wonyoung being affectionate with her parents. Hyewon can't help but also to smile but that moment she catches her breathing when Eunbi met her gaze, and her heart celebrates in joy when Eunbi didn't look away instead gifts her with a soft endearing smile. 


"How's the food?" Eunbi asked to her. 


"It's delicious, as expected from your mom." Hyewon grinned and Eunbi nodded her head. 


"But, I'm more a good cook than mom." Eunbi smirked making Hyewon to chuckle at her. 


"Hmm...I don't know if Mom will agree on that." Hyewon grinned, raising her brow making Eunbi to scoffed playfully at her. 


"You love my foods." Eunbi teased.

 

 


"Of course, I love everything about you." Hyewon said unbothered by her words unlike Eunbi who has her eyes wide and her cheeks slowly getting red from Hyewon's remark. 

Eunbi looked away from Hyewon because she can feel her face is heating up harder but then she feels that it is a wrong decision when she met eyes with her mother who is staring at her with a teasing smile on her. 


"Mommy! Are you sick? Why are you so red?" Wonyoung asked, Eunbi looked at her daughter and the little bunny is staring at her innocently.


"It's just hot here." Eunbi fanned herself, looking everywhere except Hyewon.

 

"But its cold here, look! I am even wearing a hoodie." Wonyoung stated, flaunting her light pink hoodie to her mother whos left biting her lips because of how smart her daughter is.

 

She then looked at Hyewon but she can feel the addition of heat running on her face when the latter is smiling softly at her, eyes full of adoration and fondness.

 

"I n-need water." Eunbi said as she rushed out from the table then Wonyoung followed her to get one too and probably mother. Hyewon just smile at her while looking at every action that Eunbi is making.

 

"Mom! I'm gonna buy Wonyoung milk, I forgot to buy, I will bring her with me." Eunbi said not bothering to look at Hyewon while talking to her mother, as the older dragged her foot outside the house while she carries Wonyoung. 

 

Hyewon then started to eat her food but she stopped when Mr. Kwon started to talk to her.

 

"You still love our daughter, dont you?" Mr. Kwon asked, his expression is so serious now and Mrs. Kwon is stopping her husband for Hyewon knows that this topic will go somewhere.

 

Hyewon gulped her food first before answering. "Yes, sir. I still do after all those years."

 

"Then, why would you ask for a divorce?" Mr. Kwon asked, her face is unreadable and Hyewon can feel shivers from those stares that she is receiving from Eunbis father.

 

She already expected this, if she is alone in one place with Eunbi's parents, Hyewon already knows that this will happen but she didn't expect this will be so early.

 

"I'm sorry." Hyewon answered, "I did a terrible thing and Eunbi doesnt deserve to have me." she continued, head hanging low as she clenched her fist as the memories from that day appeared in her mind again.

 

"Yes, you dont deserve my daughter. I told you before once you did this, You broke my trust." Mr. Kown said coldly and Hyewon cant blame him, she promised that she wont leave and hurt Eunbi but she ended up breaking it.

 

"I'm sorry". Hyewon muttered.

 

"I hate you for hurting Eunbi." Mr. Kwon said with full of poison on his voice, she is getting stopped by her wife but he cant care less.

 

"I know, sir. And I hate myself for doing it." Hyewon said.

 

 

"But Hyewon, I also hate myself.." Hyewon looked at Mr. Kwon and she can only see the softness in his eyes, no hatred while looking at her.

 

 

 

"because I still want you to have Eunbi and to take care of her for one more time."

 


Hyewon's eyes then widen after she heard those words came out from Mr. Kwons mouth, she then studied his fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter