Two: Dinner

Way Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunbi is busy preparing the dinner on the table that she cooked for Wonyoung and her, although she didn't realize that she cooked too much. 


"I can put in refrigerator and heat it tomorrow if ever we can't finish it all." Eunbi mumbles as she looked at the foods served on the table.


She is sure that her daughter will whine at her and find a food as soon as she sets her foot inside their house. 


She looked at the wall clock, it's thirty minutes before 8 pm. 


She just decided to washed the dishes the she used after cooking. She is in the midst of doing it when she heard the ringing of the doorbell continuously. 


"Coming!" Eunbi smiled, she already know who is it.

 

Wonyoung will always do a continuous doorbell whenever she is there. 


After she wiped her wet hands into a dry towel she quickly made her way to the door.


As soon as she opened the door her smile gets wide when her daughter gets down form Hyewon's arms quickly to greet her with a tight hug. 

 

She looked at Hyewon who has a lots of paper bags on her hands, she only shook her head. She always spoils Wonyoung. 


"Mommy!~" Wonyoung squealed softly as she peppered kisses to her mother's face who is clearly enjoying it. 


Hyewon who is beside them has a smile on her face as she witnessed this heartwarming moment in front of her. Nostalgic feelings gets back in her system while observing Eunbi and Wonyoung's interaction, she missed it. 


"So, how's my little bunny?" Eunbi asked while she stared lovingly at her daughter who is grinning at her. 


"I am happy! I've been good girl to Mama, right Mama?" Wonyoung said getting the attention of Hyewon who is suddenly spacing out. 


"Uh yes! You are." Hyewon said smiling widely as the kid giggles, she slowly placed all the paperbags on the sofa. 


Eunbi just gives a timid smile to Hyewon and quickly tore her gaze away from the girl.


"Good. I know you will always be a good girl." Eunbi said while she puts Wonyoung down on the sofa as she untied her daughter's little shoes from her feet. 


"Of course. I don't wanna make you mad by disobeying you." Wonyoung said softly as she beamed at her mother. 


Eunbi chuckles as she plants a soft kiss on her daughter's head. 


"Okay, I know you are hungry but we should get you change first, okay?" Eunbi said, giving a mother vibes as she ruffles the kid's hair who nodded her head excitedly. 


"But Mommy, can we eat dinner with Mama?" Wonyoung suddenly asked that made Eunbi stopped on her tracks, she looked at Hyewon then to Wonyoung who has a hoping expression in her eyes. 


"Uhhh...bunny, I think your Mama is tired and so are you, you both need to rest, she will be busy tomorrow." Eunbi said trying to avoid the topic as she feels Hyewon's gaze on her.


"But it's Saturday tomorrow and I am not tired yet, she doesn't have work. She can even sleep here." Wonyoung pouted sadly as she looked at Hyewon. 


"Bunny...your Mommy is right, you should sleep so you can have energy tomorrow." Hyewon said as she kneeled down to have an eye level contact with her daughter who is getting pouty. 


Wonyoung's face created a frown as she crossed her arms. 


"Here we go again, she is sulking." Eunbi whispered as she stared at Wonyoung who is staring at the floor as a crease on her forehead can be seen. 


"Hey bunny, you have a piano lesson for tommorow with your aunt Chaeyeon, you should sleep early." Hyewon reminded because every Saturday morning Wonyoung always goes to Chaeyeon's house for piano lesson, at first it was just for fun for the kid, but Wonyoung told Hyewon that she wanted to learn playing piano, being Hyewon she quickly agreed to her daughter's request.


Wonyoung looked at her but quickly tore her gaze away as she played with the hem of her uniform.


"Bunny...don't worry I will pick you up and watch you play piano tomorrow, will that work?" Hyewon said softly, trying to convince her sulking daughter.


Wonyoung just sighed as she slowly walked away from them with a slumped shoulder as she headed to her room. 


Hyewon looked at the kid, she can't do anything about what she wants if she doesn't have Eunbi's permission. It's like that since the time they divorced, everything that involves Wonyoung, she always considered Eunbi's judgement first. 


She looked at Eunbi who is biting her lips. 


"I-I'll just go home. It's better for her to take some rest." Hyewon said stuttering as she catch Eunbi's gaze, she scratched her nape as the older just stared at her. 


"No, wait here. I'll talk to her. I don't wanna make her sad without you saying a proper goodbye to her." Eunbi said which only made Hyewon nodded her head as she takes a seat the sofa quietly.


She just watched Eunbi went to Wonyoung's room, her eyes roamed around the place as her eyes catches something that made her smile at the same time aches her heart. 


On the other hand, Eunbi quietly entered inside Wonyoung's room as she saw the kid timidly changing her clothes. 


She sat at the corner of the bed which gets heard by the  little kid. Wonyoung looks at her, Eunbi pats the space beside her, signaling the kid to take the seat. 


Wonyoung quietly made her way there, she takes a seat beside her mother as she played with her hands, looking down. 


"Wonyoung-ah, are you mad with Mommy and Mama?" Eunbi asked softly as she scooped the kid using her arms and placed her daughter on her lap.


"No, I can't get mad at the two of you." Wonyoung said softly with her small voice, Eunbi can still feel that the kid is sulking. 


"But we are just doing that for you." Eunbi said as she hugged her child lovingly. 


"I know...but Mommy, is it too much to ask for a complete family dinner this time?" 


Eunbi stopped on her tracks after she heard that words from Wonyoung, the kid's voice is full of sadness and it breaks Eunbi's heart especially when she met those precious eyes that are clouded by sadness. 


"Baby...." Eunbi spoke, but she feels a lump in , she doesn't know what to say to her daughter. Even if she made an excuse, she knows Wonyoung will just make another one too. Her kid is really smart for a five years old kid. 


"I just missed us..." Wonyoung said sadly as she fiddles with her little hands. 


Eunbi sighed, she doesn't like seeing her daughter sad, her heart can't take it. 


"Will you promise that you won't be sad if I let Mama eat with us?" Eunbi asked softly, the kid quickly whipped her head and looked at her with so much pleasure. 


"I promise! Cross my heart!" Wonyoung nodded her head continuously as she kissed her thumb and made a cross on her chest to sealed the promise. 


Eunbi automatically smiles as she saw the wide smile on the kid's face. 


"Okay good, now tell her." Eunbi said as she kissed softly Wonyoung's forehead. 


The kid peppered her with lots of kisses on her face before dashing out of the room.


She smiles as she followed her daughter, Eunbi shook her head when she saw Wonyoung run towards Hyewon who is busy staring at the pictures in the house. 


"Mama! Let's go eat now! Mommy agreed!" Wonyoung said being energetic again as she shakes her mother's hands.


Hyewon looked at her, Eunbi only smiles timidly to the girl that was returned with wide smile from her ex-wife. 


"Sure, let's go! I can't wait to eat your Mommy's food again, I missed it." Hyewon giggles as she picks up Wonyoung. She held the little kid on her arms as she made her way to the kitchen.


Eunbi stared at Hyewon as her e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter