One: From 12 raised to 871

Way Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun peeks through the large glass door of the café shop that has lots of customer inside. The homey and comfortable ambiance inside the café can be feel by the person inside. 


Everyone are enjoying the foods that are served on their table, courtesy of the owner of the café. Being smiley and nice as she greets all the incoming customer inside the shop. 


Eunbi can't hide her smile as she witnessed how her shop attracts lots of people even if it just opened last month.


The door opened, ringing the bells that are hanging on it, she quickly put a wide smile as she greeted the customer but soon turned into a sighed. 


"Good morning ma'am, what is your order?" Eunbi asked nicely while she looked at the black haired girl who is grinning at her. 


"Eyyy~unnie why are you suddenly so grumpy at me? I haven't done something." Chaeyeon said grinning at the owner of the café.


"What do you want Chae?" Eunbi asked straightly, she already knows that the girl came here for something especially with that smile on her face. 


"Your chaebol is back." Chaeyeon teased as she wiggles her brows up and down to the older girl.


"What do you mean?" Eunbi asked, staring at the younger girl.


"Your wife is back, you know my Sakura not my girlfriend but my wife, she said it to me earlier." Chaeyeon said shrugging as she scans the menu, finding the good food that will satisfy her stomach. 


"Correction, my ex-wife." Eunbi hissed but the younger girl just scoffed at her, waggling her hand in the air. 


"As if. Okay, your ex-wife, don't glare at me like that geez." Chaeyeon rolled her eyes but chuckles afterwards.


Eunbi just shook her head at the younger girl who is busy thinking on what food she should order.


"Okay! One blueberry cheesecake, one melon bread, and two latte." Chaeyeon said after a long time of staring at the menu. 


Eunbi only punches the key board for the order of Chaeyeon as she handed the girl the receipt after receiving the payment. 


"By the way unnie, where's your little one?" Chaeyeon asked when she noticed that there is no kid running around the whole café and laughing cutely around the place. 


"Oh, Wonyoungie is still in the school. She'll be dismiss later." Eunbi said as she looked at the watch but widened her eyes. 


She looked at Chaeyeon with a panicked in her eyes that made the younger nervous.


"What? Is there a problem unnie?" Chaeyeon asked.


"Can you do me a favor? I don't think I can pick Wonyoung in her school, there are lots of customer here and I only have two employees helping me here." 


Eunbi said looking at her friend who's face suddenly lit up when she mentioned picking up her daughter.


"Oh! Of course! I will gladly do it! I haven't seen that kid since last week. And maybe she and Nako can hang-out when I pick up my daughter too." Chaeyeon said excitedly mentioning her daughter Nako, as she looked at the café owner.l.


Eunbi only sighed in relief but when she is about to speak her phone rings interrupting the both of them.


Her forehead creased when she saw the caller, she met Chaeyeon's eyes who is grinning at her.


"Answer the call now." Chaeyeon mouthed, she only rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed from the tease she's getting. 


Eunbi breathe deeply before answering the call.


"What do you need?" She started, Chaeyeon scoffed at the way she approached the call. 


"Straight to the point? No hello nor hi? Good morning or good day?" The voice from the other line said. 


Eunbi rolled her eyes, she is sure that the girl is grinning. 


"What do you need Hyewon? Say it or I will end this call." Eunbi said firmly.


Chaeyeon who is witnessing this just shakes her head, she used her phone to avoid hearing the conversation. 


Suddenly the girl's voice from the other line gets serious yet soft at the same time. 


"Can I pick Wonyoung from her school today?" Hyewon asked softly.


"About that—"


"Please Eun, I just get back from a meeting. I haven't seen my daughter for so long." The younger girl said from the other line, her voice is pleading. 


Eunbi remained silent as she listened to the girl.


"I don't wanna think that you're preventing me to see my child Eunbi." The girl said from the other that causes the older girl to creased her forehead hard. 


"Why would you think like that Hyewon? Of course I won't, you have rights because you are Wonyoung's mother too. So, stop jumping into conclusions." Eunbi said clenching her jaw.


She doesn't like it when Hyewon is acting like this, doubting and jumping with some stupid conclusions. 


"Then, why?" 


"Because I already told Chaeyeon to do that." 


"Tell her I am the one who will do it." 


"Fine. I am agreeing on what you want, so follow my rules. You already know it." Eunbi said and she heard a sighed from the other line. 


"Yeah, I understand. I will send Wonyoung home before 8 o'clock pm." Hyewon sighed, following what Eunbi's rules about their child. 


"Good. And please—"


Eunbi didn't finish her words when the girl from the other line talks.


"Yes Eunbi, I will take care of my child. She is my daughter too so I won't let something happen to her." Hyewon groans, scoffing.


"Just reminding because you almost lost her the last time I let you take her in the mall." Eunbi said, remembering what happened about that time. 


Hyewon called her that time because Wonyoung went missing after she's on the phone call with some client. She didn't realise that Wonyoung went somewhere, when she turn around, she isn't there anymore. 


That's why when Eunbi heard what happened she quickly dashed out from her café even if there are lots of customer. She is mad to Hyewon because if what happened but she couldn't care less, all she can think about is her daughter. 


Wonyoung is the most important thing to her, she will trade everything she have just to make sure her daughter is safe. 


"I wouldn't let that happen again, I know it's my fault. I blamed myself too for being irresponsible. We almost lost her, I didn't want that to happen again." Hyewon said, the guilt in her voice is evident. 


Eunbi gulped when she heard those words, but can you blame her? It's her daughter that we are talking about. 


After that incident, she became more protective to the kid. She even forbid Hyewon to see the kid because she is mad at what happened, while Hyewon she lets the older girl because she understand where she is coming fromm


Eunbi knows that her daughter noticed it, Wonyoung is smart for a kid, you will gaped at how she interacts and thinks whenever you talk to her. It's like you are talking to a matured person but of course the kid still being naughty for her age, but the affectionate side of Wonyoung always melts everyone.


One of the charms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter