Four: Doubts

Way Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyewon silently massaged her temple as she listened to the person reporting in front of the meeting room. She tried to fix her attention to the message but she can't redeem her focus as her mind gets wandering on something...or someone. 


"Hyewon, are you alright?" 


She looked at the person beside her, who is looking at her with so much concern in her eyes.


"I'm fine, Minjoo." She said to the younger who only nodded her head and fixed her attention again to the person in front. 


Hyewon is currently attending one of the important meeting of her father, she became her father's representative in these kind of things, it isn't really her work but her father told her to do it. And beside her, is the person she trust the most inside their company, her friend, Kim Minjoo. 


Even after the meeting finished, Hyewon's mind is still wandering as she and Minjoo went inside the car after they talked to the CEO of the company that they attended earlier.


"Now, what's bothering you?"


Hyewon sighed as she slumped her body on the back seat of the car while Minjoo is beside her, she is hesitating to share it to the girl, not because she don't want but because they are with someone else. 


She looked at the driver who is busy doing her job but Hyewon knows more than that, Minjoo noticed it that is why she didn't ask anything more, she let it slide for today and decided to fixed her attention to her phone.


Hyewon did the same, as she was busy scrolling through her phone, a caller ID popped up, even Minjoo noticed it by the sudden sound of her ringtone. 


"Still not answering that one?" Minjoo asked, she only nodded her head as she rejected the call.


"Why? Answer it and tell to stop." Minjoo asked, once again when the caller, called again, but she rejected it once more. 


"Doesn't deserve my time." Hyewon shrugged, she frowned again when it ring, on the verge of ending the call, her eyes widened when she saw who it is. 


"I thought you will end that too." Minjoo chuckles making Hyewon shook her head as she answered the call with so much excitement. 


"Hey, Eun..." She answered, happiness is visible on her face as Minjoo can describe it. 


"Wonyoung wants to talk to you." Eunbi said from the other line, Hyewon can't help but to felt a little disappointment because she thought the girl wanted to talk to her but she shrugged it off as she heard her daughter's voice. 


"Mama!" Wonyoung shouted from the other line making Minjoo chuckles, because she can hear it from her seat, the kid's voice is so loud.


"Bunny, you wanted to talk to me?" Hyewon asked softly, her voice always gets soft whenever she is talking to her daughter. 


"Yeah....mama....you don't forgot tomorrow....right?" Wonyoung asked, Hyewon can hear the anticipation and hesitation of her daughter from the other line, she can even visualize the kid's face giving her a puppy eyes. 


"Of course, don't worry, I will be there, as I promised." Hyewon said to her daughter and she laughed when she heard Wonyoung squealed after she said those words. 


"Mama, wear the shirt that I give to you yesterday, it is needed." Wonyoung said pertaining to the white shirt that she gave to her yesterday. 


...


Hyewon is busy tapping her hands on the keyboards of her laptop as she made the monthly sales report of their company after she review the data earlier. 


She massages her temple while fixing her spectacles, frowning hard as she releases a heavy sighed. 


"Why does it seems that the sales isn't growing? But I can clearly saw that our company sells lots of product last month. What went wrong, huh?" Hyewon whispered to herself while looking at the whole report of their sales. 


'Something just doesn't make sense, or I just get things wrong? I'll check it again.'


"Ms. Kang, someone wants to visit you." Hyewon looked up to her also known as secretary and assistant, Kim Minjoo. 


"Who?" She asked while slumping her back on her chair as she waited for the said visitor to enter her office. Minjoo only gave her a knowing smile as she called the visitor.


Hyewon's ear perked up as she heard a familiar squealed, it is so familiar that she can't help to wish it is who she is expecting and she isn't disappointed when the person walks to her office. 


"Mama!" Wonyoung giggles as she run towards her. Hyewon quickly rose up from her seat and catches the running kid to her arms. 


"Bunny!" Hyewon giggles and peppered Wonyoung with small kisses on her face, she missed the kid so much, she was too busy at work that she didn't get some time to visit her daughter these days. 


"I missed you mama~" Wonyoung mumbles with her tiny voice as she kisses Hyewon's cheeks cutely. 


"Awwww, I missed my baby bunny too. How are you doing? Don't you have school today?" Hyewon asked as she carried Wonyoung in her arms and went to the sofa on her office, taking a seat there. 


Minjoo looked at the two as a soft smile is written km her face. Their bonding will really make someone soft just by looking at them.


Her head whipped to the woman on her side, she can see a smile is forming on her lips while watching Hyewon and Wonyoung's interaction. But she just kept mum, not wanting to get a denial words from the older girl. Because she knows more than that. 


"I'm doing good and being a good girl. Plus, I am already done with school for today, look! I even got three stars!" Wonyoung said, showing off her hands proudly to her mother, receiving a wide grin. 


"Woah! That's a lot, huh? You are so smart like me." Hyewon chuckles as she pinches her daughter's cheeks but she looked up when she heard a scoff, her eyes went wide seeing Eunbi staring at them while her arms are crossed. 


She cleared before looking at her daughter. 


"But your mommy is smarter." Hyewon said not glancing at Eunbi, her daughter only giggles at her.


"Oh! Before I forgot!" Wonyoung gets down from her arms and run towards Eunbi, getting the paper bag on her hands.


Wonyoung run towards her again as she gives the paper bag to Hyewon, a wide smile is written on her face. 


"Open it~" Wonyoung said, jumping up and down while her eyes are sparkling with so much excitement, Hyewon can't help but to chuckle at the sight of her daughter. 


She opens the paper bag and was greeted by a white shirt, but it has a drawing of a not so big half heart on the left side. 


"I drew that!" Wonyoung exclaimed while her hand is pointe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter