Three: Hope turns to nope

Way Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon proudly watches Wonyoung playing the piano while Chaeyeon is trying to guide the little kid as she keeps going and plays the notes. 


She couldn't be more proud especially when she can see how much happiness this thing can bring to her daughter. It is evident on Wonyoung's face, how her face brightens up and a wide grin is drawn on her face as she taps the keys with her small hands. 


Once in a while she will glance at Hyewon who will just give her a soft smile. Even Chaeyeon can see how happy the kid especially her mother is here to watch her play. 


Hyewon really didn't break her promise that she'll watch Wonyoung in her piano lessons. She told Eunbi about it and the good thing is the older girl didn't argue, she just let her. 


She is enjoying watching Wonyoung, but suddenly her phone vibrates that causes her to tear her gaze from her daughter. 


Hyewon quickly frowned as she saw who is calling, without hesitation she tapped the end button and turn her phone into silent mode, not wanting to have any disturbance. 


"Mama!" Wonyoung quickly runs towards her, she almost tripped on her way but Hyewon's reflexes are fast that she able to catches her laughing daughter in her arms. 


"Careful there bunny." Hyewon spoke softly as she hugged her daughter who only grinned at her. 


"Aunt Chaeyeon said we are done for today...but can I play with Nako in her room?" Wonyoung said softly as she gave her puppy eyes to her mother.


Hyewon looked at Nako who is in Chaeyeon's arm, expecting that she will agree. The kid is also using her charms to make her agree, she only sighed in defeat, how can she resist these kids? 


"Okay, but we need to get you home before lunch time, deal?" Hyewon asked and Wonyoung nodded her head continuously as she pecked her mother's cheeks before running away with Nako.


She only chuckles as she watched the two kids went inside the room. 


"Want some coffee?" Chaeyeon asked, she only nodded her head as the other girl went to the kitchen and gets back with two cups of coffee in her hand. 


"Thanks Chae." Hyewon said as she accepted the coffee and takes a sip, careful not to burn her tongue with it's hot water.


"By the way, where's Sakura?" Hyewon asked when she noticed that the Japanese girl isn't here.


"She is in our room sleeping, you know how tough it is being a doctor. She just get out from O.R earlier and went here to get some rest." Chaeyeon shrugged as she looked at their room, smiling softly. 


"Yeah, Doc Miyawaki Sakura is really great huh." Hyewon said.


"Hye, it is Lee Sakura. L-E-E." Chaeyeon explains to her as if she is a kid. 


She only laughed at Chaeyeon's weird antics. Such a whipped girl to her wife.


"So, how's life?" Chaeyeon asked to her as the girl takes a seat beside the sofa that she is sitting on.


Hyewon pursed her lips as she sighed deeply before turning to look at Chaeyeon, the other girl just smile sadly at her because she already know Hyewon's answer. 


"Still the same." Hyewon sighed as she chuckles sadly, staring at the coffee. 


"No improvement?" Chaeyeon asked, she only shrugged as she drinks the coffee, feeling all the bitterness taste of it, just like her life. 


"You can do more than that. Why are you settling in that kind of things if you can just do great with your own?" Chaeyeon sighed looking at her. 


"It's complicated Chae, even if I wanted to. I can't." Hyewon said not wanting to show how much loneliness she can feel as she tried to put a tough face.


"I don't know Hye, but I've known you for years, I can't help but to think how you can endure being a robot for your family. I can't even believe it, you were not like that before. You are so carefree and doing things on your own, you don't even care as long as you get what you need to do." Chaeyeon said to her.


"But that was before. I was so immature that time." Hyewon chuckles as she remembered the things that she did back then before she even met Eunbi. 


You can say that she is a hard headed child, a rebel one. But not to the point that she will do worse things, just mild one. She just doesn't like following her father's orders, she always do and get what she wants, one way or another in her own way. 


Not until Eunbi happened to her, that is the time when she changed though she still doesn't like following her father but if it's with Eunbi, she will considerate it. 


Everyone knows how much Hyewon changed after Eunbi came into her life, even if their relationship is really not great at start. Her close friends, Sakura and Chaeyeon saw that. And especially when Wonyoung came into their life, the big improvement can be seen by her. Everyone can tell how much Hyewon love those two. 


"You were. But you changed. You know Hye, you should get your own life and be happy, you can't just go on following what your father wants for your entire life." Chaeyeon said as she patted the other girl's shoulder.

 

"I want to. It's just difficult. You know what my dad can do. He'll do everything he can just to get what he wants even if he can hurt other people. That is the reason why mom left him. He is too greedy on what he wants." Hyewon said firmly, trying to calm herself. 


Chaeyeon only looked at her, she wanted to help Hyewon but the girl isn't accepting it.


"You know how much Eunbi loves Wonyoung. Our daughter is her life. If she lost her, she will be in deep pain, that is what I am preventing to happen." Hyewon said as she finished her cup of coffee and looked at her wrist watch.


"Wait...what do you mean?" Chaeyeon asked, trying to understand her words.


Hyewon only shook her head as she walks to Nako's room to get her daughter. 


"Hyewon...is it what you mean?" Chaeyeon asked behind her, she stopped midway and looked at the other girl as she smiled timidly. 


"Yeah, but I won't let that happen. That is why I am doing this." Hyewon smiles softly but Chaeyeon just stared at her friend. 


"Hey bunny, come on, let's get you home." Hyewon said softly as she looked at her daughter happily playing with Nako and her toys. 


Wonyoung pouted sadly as she bids a goodbye to Nako and the toys. 


"Auntie, bring Wonyoung here again, please? So we can play more." Nako said as she stared cutely at Hyewon, the older girl just chuckles as she ruffles the other kid's hair.


"Sure. Just be patient kiddo." Hyewon said to Nako as she carried Wonyoung in her arms, the kid wrapped her small arms to Hyewon's neck.


"Yes Nako, wait for me, okay? Bye bye! And thank you Aunt Chaeyeon, see you again!~" Wonyoung said as she bids goodbye to the two who smiled happily at her.


"Now, let's go to your Mommy?" Hyewon asked, pinching softly her daughter's nose. 


"Let's go to our Commander!" Wonyoung said excitedly that made Hyewon laughed especially at the nickname that her daughter just gave to her mom.

 

...

 

"Unnie, are you okay?" Eunbi looked at Yena who is in front of her.


The girl is one of her employees her, the one that she trusts the most even if the girl is sure a crackhead and dumb sometimes. 


"Yeah, I am fine. Just thinking." Eunbi said as her eyes roamed around the café, she only smiled as she saw how the people enjoys the shop.


Yena is about to speak but interrupted by a loud small voice that gets the attention of all the people inside the café, Eunbi's face automatically lit up when she saw Wonyoung running quickly inside the shop to her mother. 


Yena smiled at the scene, she always witnessed this thing and it never fails to touch her heart everytime she saw the interaction of the mother and the kid. 


Even the regular customers, they are always anticipating to see Wonyoung inside the shop because the kid is literally helping Eunbi to serve some foods and she always talks to the customer, showing off her charms that gets lots of love from the customers. 


"How was your piano lesson with Aunt Chae?" Eunbi said as she carried Wonyoung in her arms. 


"It's good. I also played with Nako and her toys. It's just sad because I need to go home because commander will get mad if I didn't." Wonyoung said, trying to tease Eunbi with the nickname. 


It made Yena laughed even Hyewon beside her is smiling softly.


"Commander? Who?" Eunbi asked, trying to rider with her daughter's joke.


"Hmmmm...she is the owner of this café. The commander." Wonyoung giggles especially when Eunbi pinches her cheeks and kissed her softly. 


Her eyes suddenly went to Hyewon who is enjoying their interaction, she only stared at the girl and quick to tore her gaze away from her. 


Yena is quick to noticed it, she knows what happened to the two and honestly, she feels sorry for them, they are indeed a great couple and it is a waste that they ended up separating with each other. 

 

Their story is really unbelievable, you won't believe that it cam really happened to someone but it happened to Eunbi and Hyewon. 


"What do you wanna eat?" Eunbi asked to her daughter who quickly looked at Hyewon.


"Me and Mama will eat sausage bread." Wonyoung said excitedly as she gets down from Eunbi's arms as she went to Hyewon who is looking at her with confusion.


"You wanna eat that Mama, right?" Wonyoung smiles softly as she grinned at her mother.


"Uhhh...yes." Hyewon said as she scooped Wonyoung in her arms and went to on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter