The Good Luck Charm

The Eternal Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

So, Luhan and Minseok end up kissing for a good while more before they eventually pull away again and shyly smile at each other.

 

"So um...should we go back to the others now?" Luhan asks, the lights in his eyes twinkling. "We've been here for a good while now and I can hear them asking each other if we're okay."

 

Minseok immediately wants to say no so that they can kiss some more but then Luhan pouts a bit and he lets out a sigh.

 

"Okay, let's go back," Minseok replies with a slight pout of his own.

 

Luhan's eyes crinkle at that and Minseok can't help but softly smile before they both get off of the wagon's edge. But, just as Minseok starts walking off, Luhan lets out an Uh, Min? and he turns around to look at him with raised eyebrows.

 

"Um, I was wondering," Luhan starts while rubbing the back of his own neck. "Is it alright if I hold onto your hand as we walk?"

 

Minseok ends up blushing and says Of course! and so Luhan smiles with crinkling eyes as he reaches for his hand and holds onto it. Luhan's hand feels so soft and warm against his, and Minseok ends up grinning as they begin slowly walking towards where the others are.

 

---

 

As soon as the two of them step into the clearing of the woods, the others stop their conversations and look at them before they all start cheering and/or gaping. Immediately, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Jongin leap up from their spots around the campfire and rush over to congratulate them over this new development.

 

"You two kissed! You two kissed! Oh, I can tell by your auras~!" Jongin chirps.

 

"Ah, I'm so happy for you two," Kyungsoo adds, giving them his heart-shaped smile.

 

And Chanyeol grins wide and says, Yeah, it's about time! just as the others quickly get up to join them. Then, it's all one big circle of the eight of them congratulating the two of them. And Minseok and Luhan are all smiles, even as Minseok quickly gets embarrassed by the attention and informs the others that it's not like the two of them asked for each other's hands in marriage or anything.

 

"Yet," Sehun replies, before getting playfully swatted at by a grinning Zitao.

 

And that causes Minseok and Luhan to blush and glance at each other before shyly looking away, and Baekhyun suddenly announces that he's gonna get his good wine for this occasion. Then, he asks his husband if he wants to come with and Yixing lets out a Sure, baby.

 

And so, the two of them jog away towards where the wagon is before returning a short moment later with Baekhyun carefully carrying a big, green bottle of Alto wine with a basket at its bottom.

 

"Ahaha, you were actually serious about that?" Yifan asks him.

 

"Of course!" Baekhyun responds, looking genuinely offended. "What do ya take me for? A liar?"

 

Yifan sputters out a No in response before Baekhyun laughs and says that he was just messing with him.

 

"Pfft, I knew that," Yifan then replies.

 

Baekhyun just lifts his eyebrows teasingly and says, Sure. And so, the ten of them soon spend the rest of the night chatting, laughing, and drinking (except for Luhan) admittedly some of the best wine that they've had in ages.

 

-------

 

The next morning, Luhan wakes up first and fairly early at that; to the sounds of snoring, Baekhyun whining in his sleep, Yifan sleep-mumbling in Bos, and with his head resting on Minseok's shoulder. A smile quickly grows on his face at this, and after completing an extensive internal self-checkup, he continues smiling when he calculates that his body has adjusted to this new heart a hundred percent now.

 

But, just to be on the safest side, he knows that he should externally test a few things first. So, he slowly lifts his head off Minseok's shoulder as to not wake him, and carefully gets up from the wagon to test first how it feels to walk at a more casual pace. He just walks in a few circles for a bit, then bends his knees here and there, and quickly glances at the others before finding relief in the fact that they're all still asleep and aren't watching him do this right now.

 

Then, he focuses more on Minseok for a moment and thinks back to last night (with all the kisses that they gave each other), and can't help but smile again. His eyes then lower to Minseok's strong, sturdy shoulders, and he finds that even if he feels fully rested, he wants to rest his head back on one of Minseok's shoulders again. So, after quickly finishing a few more self-tests, he carefully gets back onto the wagon and rests his head back on Minseok's right shoulder--causing Minseok to let out a small groan in his sleep and wrap his arm around Luhan's waist to subconsciously pull him in closer.

 

Luhan quickly finds himself relaxing and almost falling back into the abyss as he rests his head there, and just lets out a content sigh as he looks up at the still dark sky and gets lost in his own thoughts for a while.

 

-------

 

Just as his dream-self passes through a cloud shaped like a heart, Minseok suddenly jolts awake and clutches at his head in pain as he tries to focus on his surroundings. Right now, it feels like a hundred jesters are doing a jig in his head and he curses when he realizes that he's got morning fog. Perhaps he shouldn't have accepted Baekhyun's challenge last night to see who could drink the most out of that really, really nice wine.

 

All of a sudden, he feels a weight get lifted off of his left shoulder and flinches before whipping his head to see Luhan, who's already looking at him with concern. All of last night then comes rushing back to Minseok (and he internally rejoices over the fact that it wasn't just a really nice dream) and tries to smile without showing pain as he says, Mornin'.

 

"Oh, Min," Luhan replies before gently reaching for his cheek. "You've got morning fog."

 

And even with this damn headache-inducing morning fog, Minseok still manages to blush at the affection. Luhan then glances down at his lips and back at his eyes before dropping his hand and asking if there's anything that he can do to help.

 

"I'm not really well-versed in dealing with morning fog--for um, obvious reasons--" Luhan starts and Minseok can't help but smile before his head pounds again. "--but um, is there anything that you might need? Or um, maybe I should wake up Kyungsoo so that he can make some soup for you?"

 

Minseok just shakes his head while still feeling it pounding, and Luhan continues. "Oh no, is it getting worse? It looks like it's really causing you pain--oh, I wish I had the talent to cook so that I could make you some soup--I--"

 

"Hey," Minseok finally replies, placing a hand on his arm. Luhan just cutely blinks and Minseok's heart pounds faster. "I'll be fine. I'm usually pretty good at handling my liquor believe it or not ahah--" His head then pounds hard again and he scrunches up his face once more. "--but um, I dunno--I guess this time, all the wonderful things that happened last night like overpowered my rational side."

 

All of a sudden, Baekhyun lets out a maniacal chuckle in his sleep and Minseok turns his head to glance over at the others near them on the wagon for a quick moment. The majority of the others are still sleeping under Yixing's gigantic blanket, though on one side, Zitao and Jongin have pulled the blanket a bit more towards themselves--leaving a few of the others looking fairly cold and uncomfortable as they continue slumbering. And at the front, Chanyeol snores on with his short collection of fur jackets acting as his makeshift blanket.

 

"Well, either way I'd still like to help you if I can, Min," Luhan finally replies and he turns back to look at him.

 

"It's okay, Lu, really," Minseok responds. "I appreciate you wanting to though."

 

And at that, his head suddenly pounds even harder than before and Luhan frowns before he says that he's gonna search the technological airwaves for a possible cure for his morning fog. And Minseok can already tell by Luhan's expression that he won't be dissuaded either, so he just lets out an Okay.

 

But surprisingly, before Luhan even begins his search, he shyly asks Minseok if he could look away for a moment and Minseok lets his curiosity get the best of him and asks, Why?

 

Suddenly, one of the others shuffles in their sleep and lets out a loud grunt, and the two pause their conversation for a second before looking back at each other with raised eyebrows. Then, they end up quietly laughing at each other's expressions before Minseok winces again and they go back to their conversation, albeit with quieter voices.

 

"Um, so the last time that I searched for something around other people um, I ended up scaring them because of how um--how my eyes flutter," Luhan whispers.

 

"Huh? Your eyes wha--?"

 

Luhan blushes. "My eyes--they um--they always end up rapidly fluttering whenever I search for things and, I guess that it scared t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter