All I Need

DawonXEunseo Drabbles
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Three chickens down

Three Lambs down

I Mid-Rare steak down

Four Medium burgers down

Three Ceasar Salads

Four Village Salads

Two Linguini Primavera's down!"

Dawon yelled as she rushed to get her line set as she internally yelled to herself.

"Heard Boss!" Shinwon responded

The morning had already started off rocky...she had slept in an hour later than she had wanted to, the coffee maker decided to die, and the fact that a random group of twenty people had been waiting outside of the restaurant for her to open didn't add to her not so great day.

"Who orders steaks and lamb at 8 in the damn morning!?" Dawon mumbled to herself as she quickly chopped up some vegetables for the salads and pasta's. "It's not even noon and I already feel the need for a drink!"

"Can I join you for that drink?" Shinwon laughed as he was flipping the burgers and laying out three saute pans, "Don't worry boss, I got your back!"

Dawon sighed as she bit her tongue. Normally she wasn't this agitated. She was the one person who was able to keep her cool while working quickly and efficiently....but sometimes, we just have those days.

"Shinwon, check that steak will you? Don't let it overcook!" Just as she turned her head to yell back, the onion she was holding onto had slipped from her fingertips, making the blade of her knife cut into the skin above her knuckle.

"Damnit!" she flinched as she quickly grabbed a paper towel and wrapped her finger, throwing a glove over it.

"You okay boss!? That looked pretty nasty!" Shiwon asked with furrowed brows as he was putting the salads together.

"I'll be fine....let's just get this out..."

***

The morning had been a complete disaster, not only did she get hit with the twenty that wasn't even reserved, it was a morning full of picky complaints. Although the saying is that the customer is always right....Dawon believes that statement is highly debatable. From customers who sent back their rare steaks because they were "too bloody", to others who wanted well done burgers but only had twenty minutes before they had to leave. Now that lunch was over, she finally had time to take care of the wound she managed to giver herself first thing in the morning.

"Shinwon, watch the line, I'll be back!" she spoke as she flung her towel over her shoulder.

"Got it boss!"

Closing the bathroom door, she carefully removed the glove from her hand and slowly peeled off the paper towel that was sticking to her finger.

"..." her jaw clenched as she saw part of her skin lift up. This is going to need stitches... she sighed as she leaned her head back against the door.

Buzz Buzz

Wit

Please log in to read the full chapter