Her first day at school

V.I.V.1

“Good morning everyone. My name is Choi Yerim,you can call me Yerim. I just transferred here from Bucheon,Nice to meet you all!” she said ever so brightly in front of her class. The class gave an approving murmur,especially the boys. Hyejoo did not share their enthusiasm however,looking listlessly outside through the window.

She took a glance to the transfer student ugh,a happy go lucky girl,who think the world is like Michael Jackson’s Heal the World lyrics. Her cheery looking eye looking around as she sat just right beside Hyejoo.

Hyejoo sat through the lecture as normal as any high schoolers could. Although she could care less about the lecture,as the homeroom teacher drably explained trigonometry. She take another look at the transfer student,diligently taking notes like there’s no tomorrow. Where did she get all those enthusiasm..it’s so tiring.

As the sun rise higher and lunchtime fast approaching,Hyejoo took out her phone replying a mundane response to her older sister’s message. She sent a cute picture of her newly made roasted coffee it seems and gave a heartfelt warm message of “~have a nice lunch. Hyejoo-ya~”.

She rose up from her seat lazily,stretch her upper body and heads to the cafetaria

“Hey,um...excuse me..” Yerim said,stopping the black haired girl on her track. Hyejoo gave out a smug and slightly annoyed look on her face “Are you going to the cafetaria?...since it’s lunchtime break and all...”

“Yeah...so?”

“Can i joined you? you see i’m bad with directions..so..i already forgot the early tour of the school the homeroom teacher gave me yesterday...”

Hyejoo hesitated for a while but  agreed to it in the end.

“I’m Yerim by the way” she said as she walked beside

“I know. You’ve said it before in front of the class”

“You know,its rude when someone gave their name and receive nothing in return..”

“Hyejoo” she said with annoyance painted clearly in her voice,She refrain to gave her own surname. Wish i could change them.

Not risking to annoy Hyejoo further,Yerim kept her silence throughout the rest of the walk. She didn’t failed to notice every passerby students she walked past seems thoroughly intimidated by her. Faintly heard murmur of gossips swirling in her ears like the most unpleasant wind.

Understandable considering her equally intimidating family background,heiress to a company that repeatedly reported by the mass media that they allegedly working closely with some notorious crime organization. Well,they are not entirely wrong though. And i ought to inherit that organization after i graduated. Although a huge doubt clouded Hyejoo’s mind without fail. She learned all the trade needed to run it ever since she was a small child,her older sister too but she denied it in the end and much prefer to run a small coffeeshop much to her father dismay. So that monumental burden of running multi-million won corporation fall to Hyejoo’s lap. ‘Jeon-Tech is run by a girl too,Why couldn’t you do the same?’ was her father’s mantra everytime she met him. It sickened her to be honest,be compared to others. But at the end of the day,it is her duty,who else could shoulder it?. as if she got any other choices.

She look at Yerim who’s currently in front of her taking a silver tray and filled it with food. With the utmost jealousy and wonder ‘what is a life of normal girl around her age felt like?’ Hyejoo never had the chance to experienced it.

“So...do you join any extracurricular club,Hyejoo?” asked Yerim as they sat on the bench. 

Yes the ‘How to run a multi-million won corporation’ Club,member: meself and Heejin

“No.”

“ah.. i see. I heard there’s a Japanese language study group. I’m going to join”

“Good for you.”    

Murmurs of her classmates still heard in the cafetaria. Faint,but still,she could guess what they think

The transfer student is done for...

What is she thinking trying to befriend her on day one?

Heol...poor girl,she doesn’t know who she speak to...

“Yerim...for your own good. Stay away from me” hearing these,Yerim’s face was genuinely puzzled. “Why?”

Hyejoo paused for a moment. To be honest..i don’t know too

“It’s a long story...”

“Well..we got an hour to spare. I’m all ears. That what friend is for,right?” Yerim said brightly.

Is it though?

Before Hyejoo could resume her conversation,her phone rings,a message that read “Old Man” from it’s sender.

Visit the newlybuilt factory at Incheon after school. Driver will be sent. I’ll see you there