Who are You

V.I.V.1

Haseul stands looking over the cyborg. She had to power her down after their first interaction. Haseul was confused at how she managed to move and speak without any programming beforehand. all she had done was build her and add sufficient data and command prompts so she would . That was all. But Vivi...did more than that.

Haseul reminds herself that she has a lot of work to do. Including rechecking Vivi’s system. Tearing herself away from the spot she had standing in. She takes a seat in the swivel chair placed at her desk. Fixing her glasses,she faced the computer’s monitor and typed away.

She slowly reads the information on the screen in front of her in shock. Falling back out of the chair on to her front,she gasps

“She’s programmed herself.....How?” she gapes.

Looking up from the floor to where Vivi sits,Haseul ruffled her short brown hair flopping over her eyes. Blowing it out of the way. She continues to stare as she contemplates what to do next. Vivi doesn’t need a Turing test apparently...She’s fully programmed and working wonderfully.

Getting back on her feet,Haseul goes over to Vivi. Holding her hand over the button,she counts down from five in her head but presses it before she reaches one

Vivi’s blue eyes blink open again. But this time,instead of just staying put in her seat,she tried to stand up.

“Whoa there,calm down...stay still. We have a bit of work to do before you can start moving” Haseul said,trying to stay calm but at the same time blatantly shown so obvious that she does not.

Vivi lingers in the air for a brief moment before sitting back gracefully in the chair. I knew it,she knew better than to defy her master was Haseul thought. “Thank you,Vivi” Haseul said with a relief sigh.

Vivi stays deadly still,for a second Haseul wonders if there is something wrong with her but upon closer inspection to her eyes,Haseul saw them sweeping the room with utmost curiousity.

“What am i here for?” Vivi suddenly asked,breaking the silence as her words bounced around the concrete basement room.

Haseul has shock written all over her face. This one is definitely not Kahei...she’s way beyond her Haseul recovers quickly from the shock and clears before answering

Vivi’s eyes glow as she leans ever so slightly forward in atincipation

“You..my dear..are..” “the long lost object of my affection “a organic-cyborg armed with artificial intelligence created solely for the betterment of humankind. Your model are made for medical purpose,to care for the sick and elderly.”

Vivi nods slowly as if fully understood Haseul’s diplomatic answer before slumping back in her robotic chair. “Kahei” she mutters. Haseul’s eyes widen at the very word

“What did you say?” utters Haseul,desperate for the answer. She was growing weary at all this new information

“Kahei. The girl you once loved. Correct?” She ask

“C-Correct...but how did you...?” Haseul’s mouth begins to seize up. This was all too much to bear

“I Know everything...about you.” She replies casually but serious at the same time. Her eyes blinked at Haseul without a care in the world,tearing at her soul,that big blue eyes.

Kahei’s eyes

“Yet Kahei was not a human-girl but a mere machine,just like me. So how you can consider her as such?” she demands coldly.

Haseul stammer on for a while before she managed to compose herself.

“Vivi...you have to understand...you’re right..Kahei is an organic-cyborg like yourself..i got too attached to her. I shouldn’t have. I called her a girl because she felt real,she had real feelings...i...pathetic isn’t it?” Haseul mumbles,her voice hoarse.

“Feelings?” She asks curiously

“Yeah..” Haseul answered,her voice hoarse no longer. “Emotions” Hasseul continued, refusing to look at her face that bore Kahei’s perfect eyes. silence fell for a moment,allowing Haseul to think what she would ask next

“Vivi..does your database included Emotions?” she asked. Vivi was hesitant for a while,her doe eyes staring blankly as if searching in her mind the answer to that question “Negative. My database does not include Emotions”

Haseul then rose up from her seat

“I’ll make sure you have them”