It's A Life.

V.I.V.1

“Finally....” Jo Haseul exhales deeply as she wipes the beads of sweat that gathered along her forehead. “It’s Finished”

Haseul steps back a pace to admire the blood,sweat and tear filled years of hardwork that had at last come together. Her inner nerdy girl whined at her to flip the switch that would bring her...or should it say her and Prof.Jeong’s creation to life.

But first she wanted to just savour the moment of accomplishment. Oh that words,so sweet it sound:

Achievement.

The sacred word silently escaping her lips over and over. Her arms suddenly decides to work on its own accord as she watched it reach out towards the big green button. Her index finger extend out and places itself on the button. Pressure thus applied as the dark basement she spent her entire teenage life in,lights up brighter than the sun.

Awe stricken,she takes another step back,but this time unwillingly. For what seems like hours,Haseul stands there paralyzed while she watched her dream moment unfold.

All of a sudden the noises and lights stop without warning and Haseul is surrounded by darkness once again. But soon,a warm blue glow emerge from the contraption of wires and gadgets where the figure she created lay. The blue lights intensified at the joints of the figure. Haseul knew what’s going to happen next. She stares straight at the closed eyelid,ready for the most important moment.

When She comes alive

As Haseul predicted and calculated beforehand, the eyelid she stare at now slowly open,blinking a few times to established and scanned her surrounding. Coding scans ran across her big,luminous blue doe eyes,at the quickest of pace,glowing with life.  The figure head hesitantly tilting from side to side,slowly,as she starts up.

Noise started to stirred again,coming from Haseul’s creation,while the creator sits deadly still. Haseul knew it take a few more moments for her creation to fully function. Time isn’t an issue for Haseul,but her anxiety started to creep in...what if she failed? Again? For the seventh time? If she failed again,she’ll dissapoint Prof. Jeong..she’ll dissapoint her...Kahei. my dear Kahei

The memory of Kahei hits her hard. She was the first Organic-cybernetic A.I. Haseul and Prof.Jeong had ever been able to successfully create.

There was something they did. Something important. Something magical and logical at the same time. But Haseul can’t remember it after such a long time ago. One particular thing that make Kahei such a life-like...she felt so human to Haseul. It took her six attempts to recreate Kahei without Prof.Jeong help.

All she wanted was Kahei

It was so tragic. Her robotic face engraved permanently in Haseul’s mind. Each and every failed cyborg Haseul ever created bear the same face belonged to Kahei as much as Haseul could remember her. Especially that blue eyes,oh that blue eyes.

If only she and Prof.Jeong hadn’t boasted. Bragged and gloated to the world about Kahei’s existence. She was never meant to be created as weapon..no. the Ministry of Defence didn’t understood her.

They saw her as a weapon. Haseul saw her as human...and more.

Suddenly Haseul realized the noise had stopped and the lights emanating from Kahei mark 7 have all but dimmed. She looks closely at her. Apart from the robotic style jumpsuit she wore,she actually very human-like,with milky white skin and pink shoulder length wavy hair.

“Amazing” Haseul murmur as she continues to stare.

The organic-cyborg A.I. blinks before she leans forward,mimicking Haseul.

“Amazing” She repeats. Haseul’s mouth falls open. That didn’t happen with Kahei..she had to be programmed at first

“Who am i?” Haseul asks her,leaning back and pointing to herself. She copies her actions again.

Haseul shakes her head and laughs while fixing her glasses back to its place. She just tilts her head.

Haseul points to herself and says “Haseul” and She repeats.

Before Haseul can say more,She points to herself and repeats Haseul’s previous question. “Who....am...I?”

“Kah-, Vivi” Haseul said. “you’re Visual Intelligence Version 1. Vivi”

She nods and points to herself “....Vivi”